PDA

View Full Version : Flowering from seed using a BLUE CFL

Gary C
23-04-10, 01:19 AM
Just curious really, im assuming it can be done but what results could this produce? And how would it differ to using a red spectrum CFL?

CockRoach
23-04-10, 02:39 AM
i assume it cant be done....i only assume this because why would they sell red cfls if you could flower witha blue? saying that id like to know for sure as it would save me buying a red one in the near future
cock

BuildMeAButterFly
23-04-10, 02:41 AM
I'm a butterfly and i wouldn't risk it.... would you take my RED away from me? really.......? think about it... :( hurts me.... poor plants

Gary C
23-04-10, 02:43 AM
i've read that you can do both jobs with both spectrums but of corse blue is best for vegging and red for flowering. Just wandering what the end product would look like using a blue clf to flower start to finish!

BuildMeAButterFly
23-04-10, 02:47 AM
A bushy Twiggy Bush i can think, i have never bothered to try tbh as i stick to the "plant only aborbs certain types of light in diffrent light cycles - blue veg - red flower" it's the "rule" as i can see it.

CockRoach
23-04-10, 02:48 AM
u fancy finding out? i feel a grow off coming on...rules are this - veg and flower with any blue spec cfl - must be grown in a pot noodle pot - biggest dry yeild wins lol
cock

BuildMeAButterFly
23-04-10, 02:51 AM
Knock yourself out Cock. I want something to Smoke. Changed your tune lol. Other night it was "yeild yeild yeild" :D

Gary C
23-04-10, 02:52 AM
lol your such a silly arse man

CockRoach
23-04-10, 03:10 AM
i want it all whats wrong with that? i could probably get more from a pot noodle scrog than i did from my lsd grow lol

on a serious note tho fly if it was all yeild yeild yeild then would i be growing with a 400w in a prehistoric NFT? hehe i see it this way 4oz should last me and the missus for the 3odd month per crop (while i dont have it perpetual that is) so before i started i said to myself "anything less than 4 oz dry a grow was a failure" so yes i feel like a big spotty obese failure thats why tonight ive turned to the joose and now im talking shit about pot noodle grows and ting
cock

i only say it cos ive a few spare seeds i dont mind loosing and a spare blue cfl for a month or so

BuildMeAButterFly
23-04-10, 03:12 AM
Fair Do's :) Good luck. I'm tired and my posts are getting shorter, I have 2 bits of tissue stuffed up my nose for some reason with hardcore playing on my nice new earphones. donno why,,,,

BuildMeAButterFly
23-04-10, 03:12 AM
Maybe like the blue CFL all the way through it makes the music sound better :D

CockRoach
23-04-10, 03:27 AM
the tissue is so your brains dont drop out of your nose, hardcore! poor headphones
cock

BuildMeAButterFly
23-04-10, 03:34 AM
Lol.... it's "Happy Hardcore"....don't sound happy.... it's just 256kbps at 44khz so it sound nice :) not quite 300+ 48khz+ but oh well :)

mooney108
23-04-10, 08:46 AM
Hi guys 2 answer ur question it can be done ive just had to flower with a blue nd yeild want to gd but i expected tht not using ryt spec bulb but buds were nice other than yeild i carnt c ne thing different with the bud but id say get a red if u can dmt think its worth using blue cfl struggle with yeild etc so id try nd ise the ryt spec so ur stand best chance to get a gd yeild i choce to use blue as wamted to save on the red cfl to get a 400hps with coolstar hood

wert
23-04-10, 09:54 AM
i've read that you can do both jobs with both spectrums but of corse blue is best for vegging and red for flowering. Just wandering what the end product would look like using a blue clf to flower start to finish!

the above is correct ,blue or red can be used all the way through if you only have one light.the difference is not that great i have a friend who only uses mh all the way.....his buds are better than ok.

Gary C
23-04-10, 11:14 AM
thanks for the replys, interesting stuff! Cock and butterfly can you 2 girls flirt on MSN and not my thread? :)

CockRoach
23-04-10, 12:02 PM
just cos you havent got a stalker lol
cock

so what we gonna do this pot noodle grow?

Muller
23-04-10, 12:09 PM
The first plant I grew was under two 36w blue spec tubes, she Just streched more than usual in flower and I swear It made her alot more sugar coated.

RFC_Thistle
24-04-10, 09:21 AM
well im doing a grow with 125w blue right now and budding nicely

Gary C
26-04-10, 01:19 PM
is there nothing special in the red spec cfl's that trigger flowering more so that a blue one?

Snail
26-04-10, 01:46 PM
Im a serious note.. Yeh you can bud a plant with BLUE spec but the yield wont be as good..
Like the other way round.. You can veg with a RED spec but it wont grow its full size in its 4 week veg time!

CockRoach
26-04-10, 02:09 PM
sounds like a blue is perfect if you want a quick grow for hash making purposes only. hmmm i think i may grow 2 hash plants, vegg for a week or 2 max then flower under a 125w blue cfl and some energy savers aswell, ive got a blue hash plant fem and a hash plant haze fem here i got for free so i might just give that a bash when i get some diy bubblers
cock
ps
good thread
and just incase you dont know there is a CFL group on thct so i might join up and say hello

Gary C
26-04-10, 02:42 PM
go for it mate. I have a Flo x wreck at about 3 weeks under a 250w Blue cfl, seems to be doing ok so far with the exception of nute burn from the small amount of compost i mixed in. Might do a small diary just for the fun of it. Although If getting a RED spec cfl will make my finished product alot nicer and bigger then ill buy one on thursday, just trying my luck in the hope i could get away with not buying one (im broke)

skotty
26-04-10, 03:54 PM
flo x wreck grown under 250 watt cfl from seed

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/skotty26/250420101017.jpg

ive got some blue cheese seeds in the bottom of my fridge im in 2 minds wether to drop some in my tent and do 12/12 from seed under 250watt cfl red

what you reckon and ill compare them with the blue cfl if any 1 wants to try doing a grow using that method??

Gary C
26-04-10, 06:31 PM
Im game for that...would be cool to see the differences. yours looks rather sexy i must say, looks like a completely different pheno to mine but that might be because mines bin 12/12 from seed. How old is yours mate? ill get some pics of mine up tonight. :)

wert
26-04-10, 06:41 PM
Im a serious note.. Yeh you can bud a plant with BLUE spec but the yield wont be as good..
Like the other way round.. You can veg with a RED spec but it wont grow its full size in its 4 week veg time!

blue is optimum for veg and red is optimum for flower,a mix would be nearer nature but most people would see little difference in either especially a novice grower.
subtle differences like resin production and stretch are a few things that will differ but if grown properly i do not think there would be that much difference.
a lot of growers use an hps all the way through with good results.

skotty
26-04-10, 06:50 PM
10 weeks old ive put 3 blue cheese seeds in for germination today and they will go straight under 12/12 when they pop so should be within next couple of days ill update accordingly and ill just use my 250 watt red cfl all through the grow

yeah put some pics up are yours in flower yet?

Gary C
26-04-10, 07:54 PM
sounds like a plan mate. you know im not actually sure lol quite shameful really but i guess i am still a novice. no sign of sex as of yet but ill put a pic up in a jiffy we shall discuss :)

Gary C
26-04-10, 09:32 PM
Here's thos pics as promised, not the best quality but still. there about 3 weeks old and seem ok as far as i can tell. whacha rekon? :bigjoint:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF0104.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF01051.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF0106.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF01071.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF0109.JPG

skotty
26-04-10, 09:47 PM
actually are they on a 12/12 light cycle from the off???

i think they do resemble autos and should show sex anytime now if they have been on 12/12 from the word go mmmm interesting im intrigued now and looking forward to these blue cheese on 12/12 from seed i might start a diary on them also you have inspired me

they look a bit overfed but i dont grow in soil so cant advise

and they havent sexed yet by looking at your pics

peace

Gary C
26-04-10, 09:52 PM
yeah 12/12 from day one mate. they are over fed yes, this is because i had to use some regular compost when i repotted as i ran out of JI. Im hoping it shows sex soon but i have no expirience in flowering from seed so feel free to tell me if you spot anything girly lol

skotty
26-04-10, 09:58 PM
honestly most autos look like this after 3 weeks in and grown in soil so now im thinking that blue cheese 12/12 in hydro under red cfl may bring some good results but yeah as above they havent sexed yet

what strain is this you are growing?

Gary C
26-04-10, 10:01 PM
haha u nutter im growing the same as you....Flo x Wreck :)

skotty
26-04-10, 10:18 PM
yeah massive difference between the 2 but mine had longer veg period mine started off indica style and has now gone more sativa so the bottom half has indica leaves like yours and the top half of my plant is more sativa leaves crazy

will beintresting to see how yours turn out

Fuzzology
17-07-10, 02:58 AM
I have just started 5 blue cheese, i'v been growing for years with canna, hydro and 600w hps, due to reasons out of my control (she moved in) im now using organic, biobizz, and 250w cfl in a very small area, i will also have to flower with my cfl i have a veg and bloom light but i cant help but worry what im going to get, does anyone know where i can get a biobizz nutrient table for growing from seed with allmix? any help would be great.

v12xjs
19-07-10, 08:39 PM
Here's a graph that might explain things.
4-500 is blue light and 6-700 is red. Chlorophyll A is for powering the bud process and B is for veg.
If you look you can see that under red light there is a bias towards bud production (chlorophyll A). The blue spectrum actually produces higher reaction rates than the red because the photons in blue light are more powerful, it just alters the bias so that there is more focus on veg growth.

Blue is fine if that's all you have.

BubbleCheese
21-12-10, 02:27 PM
I will be flowering this under a blue 300w cfl then! Sweet Seeds speed devil #2 about 30 days from seed! :smokie:

BubbleCheese
21-12-10, 02:39 PM
also its in a room with non autoflowering plants on a 18/6 light schedule is this ok? or will it need 12/12? Thanks!

wert
21-12-10, 02:42 PM
the non auto will but the auto will do better on 18/6 or even 20/4.

bertie
26-12-10, 11:00 AM
If you can, use both red & blue lights so the plant gets both specrums, or use 2 duel spec cfls with a few smaller 20-30w red spec cfls around. :)