PDA

View Full Version : Question about introducing modern genetics into wild hemp cannabis

lineoncircle
24-04-10, 06:50 AM
How possible would it be to turn low thc yielding native cannabis plants into higher thc yielding ones? I'm starting to think it would be a lost cause because there would be so much native pollen around that it would quickly revert back to its former self. But if you could get enough pollen from someplace and dust a whole field wouldn't it drop thc bearing seeds the next year? They would drop a lot in potency. I wonder how well the desired traits might linger.

cannamancan
24-04-10, 10:26 AM
only 1way to find out, try it lol.

silverbackbud
07-05-10, 04:48 PM
yer great idea, go for it.

burnotice
09-05-10, 11:48 AM
ruderalis is a low thc yeilding plant but it carries the auto flower genus so it is used all the time to create new autoflower strains whith a average thc content of 15%

hyperlite
27-05-10, 02:21 AM
i think it would be pointless if your talking about a field of normal hemp,because they grow males and fems together,

marijuanamat
29-05-10, 11:04 AM
Alot of hemp for seed production is intersexed/hermaphroidic,they've been bred this way so all the plants can be harvested all in 1 go but crossing a high thc to a low thc/high cdb hemp plant will lead to a 50/50 outcome with all plant having roughly the same amounts of thc and cbd.

A good book to read on this subject is "marijuana botany"(the propagation and breeding of distinctive cannabis) by robert connell clarke