PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Auto's

Mc Mellow
26-04-10, 01:39 PM
Ok so, Auto flowering strains, never really been intrested int hem but i have 2 on the grow at the mo.

I baught 2 single lowryder 2 seeds from an online shop, being stoned i never checked if they were feminized, i just presumed Autos were fem's anyways, i was just wanting to know, if 1 of these plants turns out to be male n 1 is female, would it be ok to just leave them to it, let mr cannabis get mrs cannabis all wet and wilting :D and score a load of free seeds, clean the whole grow'drobe and star again weeding out the males and just keeping the fems... plz shed some light on this for me guys.

skotty
26-04-10, 02:08 PM
sounds like you answered your own question male and female together and let nature take its course ;)

but i do think a major cleaning operation is needed afterwards for future grows you wouldnt want future ladies to get the left over man fat on them

peace

ditrod
26-04-10, 03:20 PM
wert made a good thread about this. he said something like if you use pollen sparingly the plant think that the male is miles away therfore creating more male seeds. but if you absolutely drench it in pollen it will create more females thinking that there are loads of males near by, therefore if this works you will have a higher ratio of females to male. its like an inbuilt survival thing the plant has to stop there being too many of one sex

heres the link https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?22804-of-interest-to-breeders

Eggbox
26-04-10, 09:02 PM
I've pretty much finished an auto breeding experiment with a friend of mine - it's gone extremely well :) Click the 'Lemon Sex' link in my sig.. New photos and a near final update coming in the next couple days :bong:

wert
26-04-10, 11:39 PM
the lowryder was produced by crossing a ruderalis with a santa maria.by crossing 2 f1 lowryders does not guarentee all the resulting seeds will be autoflowering.

Mc Mellow
27-04-10, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the reply's guys, sounds good, what i wanted to hear, lets just hope lol, also if the plant was to hermi and turn male itself what type of seed would they be? would they all hermi?

M_C
27-04-10, 12:36 PM
I pollinated an AK Gummy Gun, all (so far!) of the seeds have been auto & I've had a great ratio of fems too.

wert
27-04-10, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys, sounds good, what i wanted to hear, lets just hope lol, also if the plant was to hermi and turn male itself what type of seed would they be? would they all hermi?

depends how easy and why it hermied in the first place.if she hermied with little or no stress there is a good chance this will be passed on ,if you have to work a little to stress the plant the less chance the trait will be that strong in the next generation.