PDA

View Full Version : Are greenhouse grow ops the best?

LifeNoob
29-04-10, 03:49 PM
I was just thinking about the pros of using a greenhouse and they seem to substantially outweigh the pros of any other method. Correct me if I'm wrong which I might be, (I'm no expert grower, I'm starting my first grow now) but greenhouse growing gives you the amazing benefit of growing using the suns light which I've heard can never be replicated via lightbulbs. Greenhouses also hold almost all of the benefits of an indoor grow such as a controlled environment, you can even use lights if needed. To me it just seems that greenhouse growing is the way to go, am I wrong or am I right?

mrfantasy
29-04-10, 09:17 PM
If you have a secure location then you can't beat a greenhouse. The best light for free, protection from wind, rain and animals. Even if your location isn't that secure a greenhouse will help hide your plants if you have other plants like tomatoes in there with them.

I did a grow in a greenhouse once long ago, sixteen 5 to 7 foot plants, every one a girl (no, not fem seeds or clones, just incredible luck).

captainzep
01-05-10, 11:50 AM
I can assure you that the greenhouse is the best place to grow but has only 1 draw back being, it is not easy to simulate the 12/12 required to get most plants to flower. I have this licked by having a dark room in my greenhouse/garage where I can have any day length I like. I does require that your are able to move the plants about but produces excellent results.

morocan mo
01-05-10, 11:53 AM
that would be an experience imo never grown in a greenhouse

leafy
06-07-10, 08:03 PM
Greenhouses are awesome to grow in!! there is no limits to the size of plant u can grow. I have a 8 x 6 greenhouse and i fit 3 plants into it. Each plant can produce a good 15 oz plus. Last years plant grew over 25 oz on its own. That plant is in my avvy. Greenhouses are awesome like i said but are only usefull during summer. Also like said u need a strain that goes into flower pretty quick and finishes before u gett the serious bad weather. If u can finish your plant before end of october you should be fine tho. Avoiding mold in a greenhouse is somatt hat must be done aswell. leafy