PDA

View Full Version : First problems from having too many plants?

fnstdks
29-02-08, 03:27 PM
Hi guys, this morning I noticed some white stuff on one of my mobydick. Did this happen to any of you? Should I be worrying about this? I know I have too many plants for the growing area but I think I have good air circulation with intractor, extractor and a big fan. What should I do?

yardbird
29-02-08, 04:38 PM
Never seen that before, but it looks like mold at first sight.

What level of relative humidity have you got in your grow area at the moment?

fnstdks
29-02-08, 04:43 PM
It sometimes raises to 70%, I don't know what to do. The measurement from my intake.

yardbird
29-02-08, 04:49 PM
So do you run your fans 24/7, or just when the lights are on?

JPS
29-02-08, 04:53 PM
My plants went like that, i wiped it all off with a damp cloth and never saw it again.

fnstdks
29-02-08, 05:18 PM
I run them 24/7 but I've been thinking of turning off the intake by night so the moist air from outside won't come in. I also have an air conditioning in the living room, maybe I can get dryer air from there.

Thanks JPS I'll try that. It would be too bad to start having problems now after 2 month!

Kaya
29-02-08, 05:58 PM
Im certainly no expert but it looks like "powdery mildew" which is caused by high humidity. If it is powdery mildew then there are a numbr of things you can use to stop the spread of it. Liquid seaweed is one theres also sulphur sprays, milk, baking soda and even urine all mixed with water of course. Spray these onto the mildew.

Thats if it is powdery mildew im not saying it definetly is. Just looks like it. Obviously research it and find out for yourself if its that or not i wouldnt like to think i made you kill your plants by spraying something on them they didnt need.

But yeah i would definetly get the humidity sorted. I had trouble myself with the environment (temps and humidity) and my plants suffered very slow growth as a result fortumately i have got those issues sorted and my babies are starting to grow :) (they went yellow too)

Just thought: Do you have a window open with cold air coming in at night with the light off? If so what are the temps like at night? I would definetly close the window for lights out.

fnstdks
29-02-08, 06:18 PM
Thanks Kaya, I do have a window open at night and the temperature is about 18-19c. So I should close it?

Kaya
29-02-08, 06:43 PM
Thanks Kaya, I do have a window open at night and the temperature is about 18-19c. So I should close it?

Definitely :) Your plants will thank you for it ;)