PDA

View Full Version : Shortstuff variety seeds

Johnny Rotten
14-05-10, 03:52 AM
Ok so,the auto flowering thing has me intrigued. I`ve been trying to read up on the auto`s but find it hard to get enough good info. I purchased the Shortstuff seeds variety pack, which for some reason I didnt put 2 + 2 together and thought I would receive packs of diffrent LABELED seeds. I am attemting to germ 5, in peat pellets now day 3 and waiting. I still am riding the fench on soil or bubbler buckets. More to follow.

wasted1
14-05-10, 10:53 AM
I'm growing snowryder just now, about 2 weeks in.

If you have not germed with paper towl meathod you could be a couple of weeks before you see seedlings. Once through put them into 7-10 litre pots under 20/4 lights.

skotty
14-05-10, 04:48 PM
i was just about to say the same as above its best to soak the seeds in water and wait for them to sink after they sink take them out and place in wet (not soaking ) kitchen towel and put them somewhere warm i use a heat mat and a plastic tub from the local chinese with a lid on it ;)
and they will pop in 12 - 36 hours this is how i germinate and always get about 90% sucsess rate

yeah the seeds you bought are all mixed and could be any number of strains that shortstuff produces also because they are mixed this means there well be some males along wit female seeds not a bad thing if your looking to breed for seed

anyways good luck with your grow

and bubblers are the tits mate

peace

Johnny Rotten
14-05-10, 05:58 PM
Ok so I have 3 sprouts and 2 dead, I think they got planted to deep. I soaked them in a glass of water overnight then straight into peat pellets. (shouldve used paper towels) The pellets i got absorbed the water and had a huge crater of a hole in the center. Not wanting to sow to deep I attempted to break up the top to fill them but must have let 2 sink and drowned GRRRR I will later soak another pellet and get a pic, I liked the idea of going from h2o into pellets without moving them but not sure if I do it again right now. Should they go on 20/4 straight away from sprout ? I was planning on producing seed but I have been reading about % of autoflowering offspring this way which I believe is small? Trying not to ask to many stupid questions here. lol

Johnny Rotten
17-05-10, 01:25 AM
Ok so here are some ?s for the experienced.
PH can I use a soil type meter in my bubbler buckets ?
What type of nutrients/schedule for my shortstuff mystery seeds ?
anyone with comments feel free to post up and/or PM me Thanks

Johnny Rotten
17-05-10, 08:26 AM
Cant get my camera to work right. They are 1 week old today. Well from dropping into water. And one is only half the size and much thicker. Russian Rocket? It is kinda fun to guess what they may be, except if they are male or not. I am sorta regretting already not just getting fem seeds. I want to create my own fem seeds eventually. Need to read up on that some more.

Johnny Rotten
18-05-10, 05:52 AM
So the soil probe seems to work for now I need a good one eventually
Nobody wants to comment on feeding solution/ schedule`s ?

Johnny Rotten
20-05-10, 09:51 PM
I guess I will search elsewhere for help as I need some with this. Thanks anyway to the forum as I have learned some from reading here audios all.