PDA

View Full Version : The Original Blueberry?

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 10:44 AM
What seed bank stocks the The Original Blueberry? As i'm wanting to grow some. There are lots that stock it but which is the original?

LAL
06-03-08, 10:48 AM
DJ short, thats where the real blueberry is at...

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 11:11 AM
DJ short, thats where the real blueberry is at...

Which one mate?

Seems expensive but must be worth it!

LAL
06-03-08, 11:50 AM
there both very similar, i hear that the true blueberry has overall a slightly better yield, but either way, that is where u are going to find a spectacular blueberry mother... DJ shorts...

seems expensive, but if u plan to mother then it is cheap as chips really...

personally id go for the pure genetics and stick with the orginal blueberry..

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 11:55 AM
I don't have a veg and flowering room but I was thinking about doing one. As its a lot better and can harvest twice as often. If I splash out on the "true Blueberry" I think it would be worth doing so. Thanks for the info dude!

LAL
06-03-08, 12:00 PM
no worries man.. u can hook up a veg room at a fraction of the cost of a regular grow room...

little cupboard
cheap cfl
cloning supplies
and a few different size pots and ur pretty much away....

no need for heavy extraction as cfls give of little heat...

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 12:50 PM
I have massive CFL thing doing nothing in my garage anyways but its about 1500mm long so it isn't fitting in a cubboard lol.

Hmmm where in my house could I keep one...?

The only problem would be the smell, I know they don't smell much but they do still smell a little!

LAL
06-03-08, 01:29 PM
a short term solution, find a female and plant her outdoors, u can get clones off her all the way until augustish... then find urself a place to keep clones over the winter...

just a thought.,..

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 01:53 PM
Hmm sounds like a plan. I'll be doing a outdoor grow sometime this year anyways so I guess I could plant one outside for a bit and take a few sneaky cuttings and then let it flower naturally.

How many mother plants/clones could I keep under one of these badboys?

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=560&subcat=122&cat=95

2-4 mothers and clones?

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 02:04 PM
You think I could use that light in this bud tent?

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?searchterm=Dark%20Room%20Street%20DRS6 0%20-%2060cm%20x%2060cm%20x%20140cm&productid=1142

Dark Room Street DRS60 - 60cm x 60cm x 140cm

LAL
06-03-08, 02:51 PM
yep, they would be perfect for eachother...

u could get 2-3 mothers (relatively small) and a small propagator in that space easy, they might stretch a tiny bit, could do with a 250cfl in that space really, but a 125 will work just fine... stretch in veg aint the biggest issue, you can train the plant to keep short, or u could top it numerous times...

if u wana get a plant out doors, then i suggest getting them ready asap, u really wana start em off under lights for the first 2 months, and them wack em outside in mid may!! so get it sorted and u will have a fine plant come this summer...

here check out my plant from last summer...

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC02582.JPG

good luck

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 03:47 PM
Thats quite a shrub mate :D

I've been told you need to keep them inside for about 2 week and then plant them out? You say 2 month, best get cracking then hadn't I!

I think i'll only need 1-2 mothers anyways so it will be fine. So I can have 2 different strains on the go

LAL
06-03-08, 03:57 PM
i only say 2 months so u can get a hell of a root system on them and get the roots really deep into the soil...

check out some rose pots, they are extra extra deep.... then lollipop ur plants to get them to grow upwards... and when u come to plant them outside, strip off all lower growth and plant em say a foot below soil level, so the roots are effectively 2ft or so underground....

this way u dnt even need to water ur plants after the initial watering...

just kick back and let nature take its course...

that plant in the pic was never fed a single nute of any kind, nor was it watered after april....

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 05:29 PM
Awesome mate! I'll take your word for it as i've never grown a ganja plant outside. Grown a few indoor though!

I want to get them started inside now but i'm just fed up of been paranoid, wouldn't mind a couple month off if you know what I mean. I can't handle it, especially if i've had a spliff :banghead:

Kaya
06-03-08, 05:32 PM
yep, they would be perfect for eachother...

u could get 2-3 mothers (relatively small) and a small propagator in that space easy, they might stretch a tiny bit, could do with a 250cfl in that space really, but a 125 will work just fine... stretch in veg aint the biggest issue, you can train the plant to keep short, or u could top it numerous times...

if u wana get a plant out doors, then i suggest getting them ready asap, u really wana start em off under lights for the first 2 months, and them wack em outside in mid may!! so get it sorted and u will have a fine plant come this summer...

here check out my plant from last summer...

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC02582.JPG

good luck

That is a BEAST! :D What was the yield like?

LAL
06-03-08, 05:37 PM
i had to move house in august so never got to see her in full beauty...

ripped her down!!! was so hard to do, but i couldnt just leave her there for the landlord to find...

but im guessing i would have got at a very minimum 8oz off her....

there will be a few more beasters this year i can assure you!!

Kaya
06-03-08, 05:57 PM
i had to move house in august so never got to see her in full beauty...

ripped her down!!! was so hard to do, but i couldnt just leave her there for the landlord to find...

but im guessing i would have got at a very minimum 8oz off her....

Sweet, I'd love to grow outdoor but have no where i could do it :(

-Smokey-
06-03-08, 05:57 PM
I would have left it for the landlord :D

Bitterfly
06-03-08, 08:55 PM

fukin awesome; cant wait bro :D

yavana
10-03-08, 09:24 AM
Hey Whojar,

CFLs are gay

I'm in sort of your position...I've got a Homebox XS that I'm looking to make into a small veg/mum/clone box. I was thinkg CFL (and still am), but what do you guys think about putting a 250W MH in there?

Will it fry the clones and make the mums grow too quickly?

organix
10-03-08, 09:57 AM
Yeah you don't need that much light for mum/clones, cfl is great for this purpose.

yavana
10-03-08, 11:03 AM
Yeah you don't need that much light for mum/clones, cfl is great for this purpose.
That's what I figured...

Why oh why is there a 250Mh semi-kit about to go for 20euro on a certain auction site? It just seems so reasonable.

But, yeh, I don't want fried clones, so no go.

marijuanamat
10-03-08, 12:38 PM
CFL's are spot on for clones/mothers and a short veg if you've only got a small space for them.

-Smokey-
10-03-08, 02:53 PM
How long could I veg under the light in question? I'm wanting a vegging and flowering room, I allready haver the flowering room ready its just the veg. I'm thinking of getting a 250MH but would that be ok to keep mothers under and clones? Could I set up a nursery in the veg room using the 250MH some how?

parkieus
13-04-08, 04:02 PM
What seed bank stocks the The Original Blueberry? As i'm wanting to grow some. There are lots that stock it but which is the original?

Id go with Soma or Sensei, personally I feel they are really old heads who prolly have what your looking for.

I bought a pack of orig blueberry from Soma. was the best bud ive ever grown. hands down sour milk smelling nasty-ness.

but, DJ short is amazing too, so, its all on you who you want to try out :)

:harvest: