PDA

View Full Version : ozone generator

jetlag
16-05-10, 03:25 PM
hi, does anyone know if an ozone generator is an effective replacement for an extractor?
cheers

seanMcPot
16-05-10, 03:31 PM
i think an ozone generator is just to reduce smell aint it...???
if they are to reduce smell you will still need some sort of extraction,plants need a good air-flow(intake and out-take)

PG
16-05-10, 03:36 PM
The Uvonair ones are the bollox, but they're not cheap and you still need an in line extraction fan. The advantage over a CF is they cause no restriction to the airflow and they're good for many of grows as opposed to 3 or 4 with a carbon filter. They're a proffesional piece of kit and that's reflected in the price.

seanMcPot
16-05-10, 03:42 PM
The Uvonair ones are the bollox, but they're not cheap and you still need an in line extraction fan. The advantage over a CF is they cause no restriction to the airflow and they're good for many of grows as opposed to 3 or 4 with a carbon filter. They're a proffesional piece of kit and that's reflected in the price.

didnt know that,cheers persy!!

BomShiva
16-05-10, 03:47 PM
hi, does anyone know if an ozone generator is an effective replacement for an extractor?
cheers

Absloutly not, you need good extraction for many reasons, removing smell from the turpins, on your developing buds, more important is to remove the moisture the plants wil transpire when growing, without this you will get mould, it will allso remove the heat from you light, proper extraction is as important as water or lighting, try to think of it in this way, without proper extraction your wasting your time and effort mate.

Bom!

noodle
16-05-10, 04:44 PM
hi m8 first ov all there 2 types ov ozone gens, uv and corona discharge, the uvonair r uv if u get 1 ov them get the 5000 m8 the 1000 is wank imo.
im runing a mountain breeze corona discharge unit at the mo witch cost about £150 and can be used in areas up2 150m3 dose a very good job imo.
u can tune it down to 10% so your not puting to much ozone in to the air i think the most ya ment to go to is about 0.05ppm after that its not gd for u or ya plants (read all about ozone b4 u use it plz ) its also advised to turn it off wen your in the room and even run the gen on a time i do 15m's on and 30m's off az ozon only last up to 40mins max in the air the off time alowes the ozone brake down in to air and co2 yup co2 <good thing..
but i dont think id run 1 with no filter some do but id not like to + yad need it runing all the time and thats not gd 4u
ps if at any time your runing a ozone gen uv or corona discharge and you can smell it turn off or down the gen untill the smell of ozone is no more and then turn it bk on i find 15 on 30 works ok with my gen runing at just under 50%

so imo yes ozone works fact dont think id run with out a cf and if u use or plan to use it read read and read some more ozone can b bad 4u but it can b good 4u to az long az its used correctly and yes still run in/out fans to replace co2 that the plants use but if ya got co2 and air con then u can ditch the in/out fans and just run a cf on a open loop in the planted room so it just scrubs the air in the room/tent cool with aircon/edumid and top up c02 with burners or cans/bottles

much love noodle:smokie:

noodle
16-05-10, 04:51 PM
if ya need to know any more m8 giz a hola and i wiil try and get in to it abit more with ya pal

happy growing and gdl wot ever ya do m8

much love noodle

BuildMeAButterFly
16-05-10, 05:03 PM
I use an Ozone genny in the room. I let it pump out every hour for 30 min then shuts off for 30 min and repeat. I don't worry about it filling up the room as "my whole point" was that it just pumps Ozone into the room *half the extraction rate* and the Extraction/Air con unit sucks all the air out with Ozone so it dosn't smell as much on the way out of the house. Works for me. Would say you NEED extraction with it. Brill info from Up2nogood :D

And i have no CF :)

noodle
16-05-10, 05:10 PM
just watch wot ya doing if u push air out side m8 ozone smells can giv ya away to pal. i just vent the hot air from ma lamps in to the wash room dose a nice job of drying ma washing lol

much love noodle

BuildMeAButterFly
16-05-10, 05:21 PM
Lots of open land around me so not much to worry about, I just do it for piece of mind really encase anyone would be wondering round the house. But there is no smell what so ever "ozone or bud" even when the OZ is off as it vents under the house first under the floor, so there is a kind of "holding space" for all the air to get treated before it cools and escapes.

Bit lucky really finding out i could vent into the floor, It's great :)

noodle
16-05-10, 05:37 PM
NICE! sounds like ya got it sused m8,, mmmmm open land how the mind ponders lol

noodle

noodle
16-05-10, 05:56 PM
the way iv got mine set up is

iv got a big room with my flower room and veg in, and the ozone gen set up in the flower room, then the flower room vents in to the big room were its puled in to the veg room and then though the out fan form the veg room through the hood in the flower (ac hoods in the flower room vent the veg room 2 biirds 1 stone and all that lol) and then out to the other side ov the house in to the wash room so i dont force vent any thing out side and by the time the air gets bk to the grow room its cooled and been toped up with co2 (by me the gf cooker boiler and some ov the ozone that as broken down in to co2)iv got aircon on stand by to for them hot hot days lol

did ya get that i know it can some times be hard to understand ma text lol

much love noodle

BuildMeAButterFly
16-05-10, 06:10 PM
Sounds fun lol :D I used to like keeping it in the room or venting into the attic and back down again into the house as a sort of free central heating so didn't need the boiler on as much apart from hot water times, But the Ozone works wonders for all the exhaust venting so i wouldn't want that in the house really all the time for my health and such of the pets. They do work which is the best thing so i didn't need CF this time.

Ace1000
21-09-10, 10:03 PM
I was thinking of getting the Uvonair tp put by the loft hatch to help cope with any stray smells. I have a carbon filter, but there are always goingt o be wafts of smell - will this deal with them ?

ukgrow
21-09-10, 10:25 PM
the long term effects of exposure to 03 aren't certain and i would advise against purchasing one.

the ozoneater
22-10-10, 12:19 PM
:kill::kill: