PDA

View Full Version : 29g weight now 19g?!

sweetsinner
24-06-07, 01:59 PM
I have a wee bit of a dilemma..
My supplier dropped me some smoke off last night.. and it was very very damp, but at the price I get it I am not going to moan.
Anyway shoved it in a paper bag and left it on the side to dry a little so I could at least grind it to make a spliff..
But.. last night it weighed 29g on my scales and this afternoon it is now weighing 19... is this possible? I have had to phone his mum up (who dropped it off for me as he is away) and I have a dreadful gut feeling she thinks I may be trying to pull a fast one - although the angel on my shoulder says she wouldn't think such a thing of me as I have known her all my life, and she knows I wouldn't do something like that..anyway I have had one spliff out of it and I'm taking the bag round tmrw so she can weigh it on her scales (although I know my scales are bob on)

I have never had something drop so drastically in weight overnight lol, unless there is another fairy out there, stealing my wet white widow.. *laughs*

I just can't make sense of it at all!!

lkdj2003
24-06-07, 02:12 PM
If it was really wet then yes that can happen. When you chop your plant's and weigh the bud you minus atleast 80% to get roughly the dry weight you should be left with.

It is always best i find to check it whilst you are getting it, so if there is any probs they can't say/think you are trying to rip them off.

Good luck in sorting it out, i would sure say something to them though.

Midnight Toker
24-06-07, 02:14 PM
Is it homegrown sweet ??, if it is & it's very fresh it could lose that much weight.

My last crop was @ 250g wet & if i remember rightly i had @ 60g out of it. but unfortunately i didn't get all the moisture out & lost a good amount through rot ... never mind, you live n learn ... Lets not forget i am still a newbie grower compared to LK or ASCI .. loads to learn yet ..

Brown Paper bags to absorb a lot of moisture, i know LKDJ uses them to finish drying his plants off.

The other option is not so innocent. i have known dealers to steam the weed before selling it on to increase the weight by huge amounts, lets hope your guy is not trying to pull that one !!

lewiboy
24-06-07, 02:20 PM
the only advice I can give is dont buy it wet, but you did say you have it quite cheap which probally allows for the loss.

blue widow
24-06-07, 04:37 PM
sweet i got a bit last week alone of that was damp, and it weighed 29.6,i done the same as urself and paper bagged it, it lost bout 8g overnight

evo
27-06-07, 02:06 PM
unlucky with that, has anything come from this?

Bitterfly
27-06-07, 03:08 PM
shit man, thats just the way it goes. unlucky

sweetsinner
27-06-07, 06:40 PM
Ah..things turned out well in the end, got given 10g today for nothing for the damp dilemma..

Moral of the story: Find yourself a decent supplier :D

Ashtray
27-06-07, 07:23 PM
Ah..things turned out well in the end, got given 10g today for nothing for the damp dilemma..

or grow your own. :smokie:

lkdj2003
27-06-07, 11:00 PM

Thats good news, there's nothing worse than paying your way and getting stiched. The last bud i paid for ended up having glass in it and that was £25 an 1/8th.

or grow your own. :smokie:

She will be very soon Ash... :guitar:

Midnight Toker
28-06-07, 02:20 PM

That's good news sweets, no one minds a genuine mistake but then no one wants to have the piss taken either ... result ..:guitar::joint: