PDA

View Full Version : What will I get if

cannamancan
04-06-10, 04:10 PM
Right , I've got some pollen from a male plant , I don't know what it is exactly but I think it's sativa cross indica , it's some seeds my mate brought back from Jamaica . The plants are very lanky and tall but with I think indica leaves , they are fat leaves.

I've put some pollen on a sensi seeds super skunk bud what I want to know is which way the genetics are going to go , what will the seeds give me?

Sci-Pe
04-06-10, 04:27 PM
it will give you a variety of mix

a13x
04-06-10, 04:38 PM
you will end up with a few different pheno's some branches will be more like the indy/sativa cross and some more skunky - this is because it hasnt been stabilised, the skunk genetics should make it a better breed for indoor lighting and fast growth.

cannamancan
04-06-10, 08:32 PM
Aw gutted so it's a case of searching through to find the best pheno, how do u stabilise them?

bikkyman420
20-08-10, 10:42 PM
All i can suggest is that you choose your FAVE pheno for whatever traits apeal to you, I'm sure you can stabilise a specific trait of a pheno through generations of backcrossing.
But im no expert!

ShiftlessLayabout
26-08-10, 06:39 AM
The first thing you should do is make a list of the characteristics that you most want from your cross. Choose pragmatically. Next you select the plants that most closely resemble your list. Next you breed those together. In the second generation you select the plants that are most closely resembling the original list again. Hopefully they will be even closer to your optimum.. Sometimes it may take a while to get exactly what you are looking for due to weak gene expression. Keep backcrossing until you reach the point where the plants are more or less identical with each passing grow season. Breeding and selection can take many years but some things are worth the wait...

cannamancan
27-08-10, 12:02 PM
The pollen didn't even work it must have been a Jaffa, there wasn't even 1 seed wr there sgould have been about 30.

jasonlee247
12-09-10, 08:03 AM
The pollen didn't even work it must have been a Jaffa, there wasn't even 1 seed wr there sgould have been about 30.
so, no seeds? a stressed male will become infertile. How did it look when it was blooming? Anything unusual?

jasonlee247
12-09-10, 08:10 AM
The first thing you should do is make a list of the characteristics that you most want from your cross. Choose pragmatically. Next you select the plants that most closely resemble your list. Next you breed those together. In the second generation you select the plants that are most closely resembling the original list again. Hopefully they will be even closer to your optimum.. Sometimes it may take a while to get exactly what you are looking for due to weak gene expression. Keep backcrossing until you reach the point where the plants are more or less identical with each passing grow season. Breeding and selection can take many years but some things are worth the wait...
Must have missed this post...... Good shit!

cannamancan
12-09-10, 09:16 AM
so, no seeds? a stressed male will become infertile. How did it look when it was blooming? Anything unusual?

It turns out it was a very male dominant hermi, I took it out of the pot and threw it in the corner of the garden and it carried on growing , I looked at it sometime later and there was about 6-7 seeds on it apart from that it was just male heads everywhere, so it couldn't have been a Jaffa cause it pollinated itself .
I've had to chop it up and get rid cause it was smelling in the back alley and 1 of my friends walked past and knocked on and told me I need to use a carbon filter lol, but I told him it was a half dead male I'm my yard.