PDA

View Full Version : hydro Bonsai mom possible?

milehighguy
13-03-08, 11:14 PM
i do love looking at bonsai cannabis :weed: i recently had to make a mom as ive had ongoing problems with my clone supply i only have a small space for my mom and though ive seen lots of dirt bonsai moms ive never seen one in a hydro setup, any one have any experience or advice?

im starting mine with a runt thats been flowering for 3 weeks in a gen.hydro double bucket top feed system with one 42 watt cool cfl (enough light?) also just got a 30 site aeroponic cloner :headbang: cant wait to get started
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/mother.jpg

yavana
14-03-08, 05:56 AM
I don't know much about bonsai mums and next to nothing about hydro, but I've only seen bonsai mums in soil too.

Maybe they grow too fast or are too difficult to upkeep with hydro as opposed to soil.

xanadu
14-03-08, 06:14 AM
I've no idea either, but I'm skeptical since part of the technique for bonsai mums is restricting/pruning root growth.

I'm not sure how this would work in hydro since trimming the roots would involve entirely exposing and thereby damaging them

yavana
14-03-08, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure how this would work in hydro since trimming the roots would involve entirely exposing and thereby damaging them

That sounds like a pretty good reason...

milehighguy
17-03-08, 04:37 AM
i can trim the roots to stay within the first bucket without stressing the plant too much i think, we'll see how she comes out shes since been started wish me luck

organix
17-03-08, 09:51 AM
If you need lots of clones then hydro mums are great, if you want to keep a small mum then sticking it in soil is easier, of course you can have a bonsai mum in hydro as bonsai is just a technique.