PDA

View Full Version : how do i root cuttings

feedtheheed
20-06-10, 12:04 PM
hi guys hope this is right place to put this but i was wondering whats a good way to root cuttings? i have a wilma system with clay pebbles this is where the rooted cuttings will end up thx:leaf:

Cannalover
20-06-10, 04:54 PM
mmm think you should have posted this in the novice section mate but never mind,so have you got a mother plant that your planning on taking these cuttings from to put in your wilma,i used to be able to root cuttings in 10-14 days tops but after i took a break from growing for a while once i did start taking clones again could i fuck get them to root,i usually take my clones dip them in rooting hormone,put them in a pot of soil spray them with water then place them into my propergator and put them under a cfl,twice a day i'll spray them to keep up the humidity in my prop then after 10 days or so i'll leave off my prop lid and if they don't wilt i'll leave the lid off,if they do wilt i'll spray them again and put them back in my prop until they don't wilt without the lid on,most of the time they won't wilt but they don't fuckin root either its a real pain in the arse,some people have great results taking clones but i don't,heres a good sticky for you to read maybe it will give you a better understanding of clones.good luck.:smokie:
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?621-Cloning

illearth67
20-06-10, 05:06 PM
Hi mate go to this thread if you need help. One of my friends has just finished rooting cuttings so you can learn everything you'll need to know and can ask if you need more help https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?24873-clones

feedtheheed
20-06-10, 05:52 PM
thanks thas a good link

illearth67
20-06-10, 05:59 PM
your welcome mate. I know rooting cuttings for the first time can be very daunting but my mate managed it and he's growing them in an oxypot now so don't worry about it too much. The clones thread is active so it's a good place to come if you need help, good luck!

Dickyboy
21-06-10, 09:28 AM
hey,

if you have some money try an aeroponic propogator i get great results usually around 9 out of 10 survive and you get really good roots. the links above are good also as you prob already know

peace

Ensign Pavel Chekov
07-12-10, 09:17 PM
gdsfgfsdfsdfgsdf

up2nogood
08-12-10, 09:13 PM
gdsfgfsdfsdfgsdf

what?.....

Up_in_smoke
08-12-10, 10:23 PM
I have great results with cones mate.
Take the cut, must have at least 3 nodes really but anything of viable length will usually have at least this on anyway.
Cut at a 45 degree angle, dip straight into some clonex or similar, then pop straight into your medium. I use jiffy pellets and highly recommend em. I also put a bit of clonex in the hole made for the cutting to go in.
Squeeze the puck a bit to secure the cutting into the medium, pop into the prop, take next cutting.
When all are done, give em a spray of water (I personally use formulex on my foliar feed for em but I don't think its necessary, but its cheap so why not).
Pop the lid on the prop and put em in some lowish light. Nothing too bright and direct on either 18/6 or 24. Mine just go in the low light part of my veg cab so standard sort of grow room temps. I find it better to have not total humidity but majority. My prop for example has some holes on the bottom, last time I had them covered with perlite and I had less success, without them covered I usually have 100%, last time was more about 80-90%. Actually, saying that, the ones that failed, did actually root as I pulled em up and checked, but the leaves had gone bad, sort of rotten due to too much humidity.

Then just spray em once or twice each day, keep letting the medium dry out a bit and then rewet it every 2 or 3 days. If your humidity is a bit too high the pucks will seemingly never dry out and in fact just keep getting wetter, this is where the problem was coming from last time I done em.

As long as you don't keep fussing over em, just keep doing that and in 10-14 days you should have the majority of them rooted. Then either pot em striaght up as roots appear or put some perlite in the bottom of the prop and open the vents.

Oh yeah, until you see roots, keep the lid on and vents closed.

In fact, I'm off to take some now!

Bubbles LM
08-12-10, 10:47 PM
gdsfgfsdfsdfgsdf

what?.....
the... fuck!???

up2nogood
08-12-10, 10:49 PM
the... fuck!???

lol so did you understand what he said ?

Bubbles LM
08-12-10, 10:50 PM
I have great results with cones mate.
Take the cut, must have at least 3 nodes really but anything of viable length will usually have at least this on anyway.
Cut at a 45 degree angle, dip straight into some clonex or similar, then pop straight into your medium. I use jiffy pellets and highly recommend em. I also put a bit of clonex in the hole made for the cutting to go in.
Squeeze the puck a bit to secure the cutting into the medium, pop into the prop, take next cutting.
When all are done, give em a spray of water (I personally use formulex on my foliar feed for em but I don't think its necessary, but its cheap so why not).
Pop the lid on the prop and put em in some lowish light. Nothing too bright and direct on either 18/6 or 24. Mine just go in the low light part of my veg cab so standard sort of grow room temps. I find it better to have not total humidity but majority. My prop for example has some holes on the bottom, last time I had them covered with perlite and I had less success, without them covered I usually have 100%, last time was more about 80-90%. Actually, saying that, the ones that failed, did actually root as I pulled em up and checked, but the leaves had gone bad, sort of rotten due to too much humidity.

Then just spray em once or twice each day, keep letting the medium dry out a bit and then rewet it every 2 or 3 days. If your humidity is a bit too high the pucks will seemingly never dry out and in fact just keep getting wetter, this is where the problem was coming from last time I done em.

As long as you don't keep fussing over em, just keep doing that and in 10-14 days you should have the majority of them rooted. Then either pot em striaght up as roots appear or put some perlite in the bottom of the prop and open the vents.

Oh yeah, until you see roots, keep the lid on and vents closed.

In fact, I'm off to take some now!

All that advice is the nuts mate :)

Pretty much just what I do, with good results. :)

up2nogood
08-12-10, 10:52 PM
lowish light. Nothing too bright and direct on either 18/6 or 24 spot on..thats what I do.I rooted my in 9 days in a heated prop on 18/6.I used a washing up cloth and damped that and it stayed warm/moist and used the light from the corner on the tent floor.I think clones prefer darksih light..