PDA

View Full Version : [NEW] Medical Marijuana in Brazil - TV report

jajael
11-07-10, 02:35 AM
Hi there!

I'm from Brazil and here, "pot" is a crime and it's seen by everybody like something from hell. Since I started smoking, I began to research a lot about the subject.

I've seen almost all the docs about it and now I'm on my way to become a real activist for the cause. I just read the Jack Herer's bible and now I'm trying to translate it to Brazilian Portuguese in my blog (accepting help from all the Brazilian cannabis comunity) and I'm also adding some extra info about its history in Brazil, wich is very peculiar.

My point in this topic is to show a 1 minute video on the youtube about a TV report about MMJ usage in Brazil. It's very short although very impressive. So I had the idea of making English subtitles to spread it around the world (with English subs it's easier if someone wants to translate it to French, Spanish or w/e).

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvTU6mNV0nA

And here is the description about it:

8.000 inhabitants of a small city located in Brazil were using medical marijuana innocently, they were using it to treat several sickness, even hiccups.

When the police found out that it was actually WEED, they just took it away and even threatened the citizens to be in jail for using a simple plant as true medicine.

I don't know what happened to them, but they lost all of their medicine. The residents didn't even know that it was the "so called" WEED (maconha in portuguese) and they were even curious about what would be that plant that the officers were judging as a crime.

They had their own name for the weed, they called it "Liamba". I don't know exactly why, but I read that someone created that name to avoid the bad energy of the word "maconha", since it's a "bad word" in Brazil.

I don't know exactly how old it is, I believe it is from the 90's.

I made the subtitles to spread this hypocrisy to the world.

Plus: There is a short-length movie about another city that uses MMJ innocently, it has 9 minutes and they also had another name for the plant, "Dirijo". I haven't made (yet) the subtitles for that one, but here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN_yoP2OedA

LEGALIZE IT NOW!

Well, this is one of my tries to make a change about that hypocrisy.
Is it really impressive or I just over-reacted?

Thanks in advance for all of those who read it entirely.

:leaf:

Eggbox
11-07-10, 09:37 AM
Great videos man, even though I didn't understand much of the second one, it was really cool :)

It's great to see some activism from other places in the world. A few of us here in the UK think that we're nearly there in the fight to win back our right to cannabis, and with a bit of work that shouldn't be long for you either :bong:

Keep doing what you do man - our cause needs activists everywhere! I added video tags into your post for you so now the videos display on the page :)

Oh, and welcome to THCTalk!

peace out

jajael
11-07-10, 06:03 PM
Great videos man, even though I didn't understand much of the second one, it was really cool :)

It's great to see some activism from other places in the world. A few of us here in the UK think that we're nearly there in the fight to win back our right to cannabis, and with a bit of work that shouldn't be long for you either :bong:

Keep doing what you do man - our cause needs activists everywhere! I added video tags into your post for you so now the videos display on the page :)

Oh, and welcome to THCTalk!

peace out

Thanks for the support dude, really appreciate it! :leaf: