PDA

View Full Version : nft 424 tank, good enough for 8? hmmmm

pilgrim69
26-03-08, 06:33 PM
Hello all,

I have just purchased an nft 424 tank, i have also just watched a few of the Greenhouse Seed Co vids on their website and u-tube. Each different vid shows a different plant in progress and the plants they have are big and bushy, of course they have more space unlike me who has a 424 tank in a growdrobe about 5' wide by 6' high by 3' deep.

Now, am i more likely to get a better yield by only making 4 holes in the corex card and growing 4 plants, or am i better off to fill all 8 holes? I'm thinking too much bush may affect all 8 plants growth (never thought i'd say i could have too much bush, hehe). One of my friends who has grown for a while says only put 2 in, but i told him not a chance mate!

your thoughts much appreciated as usual.

oh, the same guy said the 424 only needs 20 litres, surely it's 40/45 ?

THOMAS CHONG
27-03-08, 04:32 PM
Hello all,

I have just purchased an nft 424 tank, i have also just watched a few of the Greenhouse Seed Co vids on their website and u-tube. Each different vid shows a different plant in progress and the plants they have are big and bushy, of course they have more space unlike me who has a 424 tank in a growdrobe about 5' wide by 6' high by 3' deep.

Now, am i more likely to get a better yield by only making 4 holes in the corex card and growing 4 plants, or am i better off to fill all 8 holes? I'm thinking too much bush may affect all 8 plants growth (never thought i'd say i could have too much bush, hehe). One of my friends who has grown for a while says only put 2 in, but i told him not a chance mate!

your thoughts much appreciated as usual.

oh, the same guy said the 424 only needs 20 litres, surely it's 40/45 ?
we have got the nft system down from yours (GT205i) we have 3 very healthy plants with plenty of room to grow. This takes 20liters but we only fill it to just over the min mark ( about 15liters) hope thi help a bit TOM&DAN

marijuanamat
30-03-08, 12:37 PM
Are you growing from clone or seed ?
Plants from seed need a little more room then clones do,but if your growing from standard seeds you'll have space once you've removed all the males and with clones you can fill all the holes.