PDA

View Full Version : growing with fluorescent light

smokey69
14-07-10, 08:22 PM
im going to try growing with fluorescent tubes 8 plantes and 4 x 4 feet 58w strip lights whats the best tubes to get i think at the moment there are cool white tubes that i have as they give a nice blue white light out only trying it this way just to try and save on the leccy and i might ad a few energy saving bulbs as they get going would it be best to get an aquarium plant a reef tubes to get the best from my babys . cheers smokey:smokie:

GFORCE
17-07-10, 04:41 PM
i veg my plants under pl-ls which are small tubes and i know jonnydeath vegs his under fluro's aswell but they are not good for flowering as they scatter the light to much , you will get get some bud from them i think but not alot

muzza1875
24-07-10, 08:57 PM
I am currently fgrowing with 2 125w cfl lights.
One has blue spectrum lamp fitted the other a red,have had no complaints so far and plants are doing well.
No too harsh on the old lekky bills either

Dirk Gently
24-07-10, 11:11 PM
Currently scrogging under 9x 20W CFL's 10p each from Tesco. Not too shabby.

Saying that though it has now been like 16wks from seed and I reckon they got another 2/3 wks to go. I do have to take into consideration that I left them unwatered in the dark for 8 days while I was on holiday.

wert
24-07-10, 11:15 PM
cool white for veg warm white for flower,keep the plants short as they do not have very strong penetration.

Pink_tiger
24-07-10, 11:16 PM
i have fluros. i have 2 2ft fluros and i have some bud but ill be getting more for the next grow. mine are cool white T5's

Dirk Gently
24-07-10, 11:17 PM
cool white for veg warm white for flower,keep the plants short as they do not have very strong penetration.

Indeed those lights. Maybe try for a SoG or Scrog. They're supposed to be better under CFL's.

spartan
14-08-10, 10:22 PM
im going to try growing with fluorescent tubes 8 plantes and 4 x 4 feet 58w strip lights whats the best tubes to get i think at the moment there are cool white tubes that i have as they give a nice blue white light out only trying it this way just to try and save on the leccy and i might ad a few energy saving bulbs as they get going would it be best to get an aquarium plant a reef tubes to get the best from my babys . cheers smokey:smokie:

This was how it used to be done before HPS. I use to know an old grower who used flourescent tubes and he grew fantastic bud, had a great setup in his garage on racks. Only draw back is yield, just look online you can get the correct red spectrum tubes for flower, you can mix these with cool white or use all red in your tubes and aditional white CFL.

yoursize
03-10-10, 01:02 PM
When using CFL's is it best to use them at an angle with 5 ladies, or above them is just fine?

I was thinking to have them at an angle close to the ladies so that buds grow all round increasing the yield.

Thanks.

smokey69
03-10-10, 01:57 PM
after reading more up on it i went with a 600 watt hps and got massive buds all over the place and iv still got 4 weeks of flower left . crazy shit