PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Foreign import to play in the prem Poll

yoko2009
17-07-10, 04:58 PM
Who is THC members greatest foreign import to play in the premership, please select 2 as i know everyone will be kinda blinkered to their own sides, so as a rule you have to pick at least 1 other who didnt playfor the club you follow, iv named those that spring to mind but if i havnt chosen 1 you think just select other and name them in the post. Remember pick 2 players, i appoligise if iv spelt some players names wrong but couldnt be arsed checking if they were all right.......

blurry-vision
17-07-10, 05:06 PM
Bergkamp and from my own club Juninho.

yoko2009
17-07-10, 05:07 PM
Shit! i should have put Juninho in there..........sorry

blurry-vision
17-07-10, 05:14 PM
Yeah he was class before his bad injury, never quite as good after then but still a quality player, Rav was good but he was a bit of a dick haha.

yoko2009
17-07-10, 05:31 PM
chronic you dozy sod please pick another player as well lol

The Lost Soul
17-07-10, 09:09 PM
Cantona and Dicanio fur me like.

yoko2009
17-07-10, 09:13 PM
Good choices!

wizbit
17-07-10, 09:56 PM
henry and klinsmann for me. i likes me strikers.

wert
17-07-10, 11:04 PM
cantona
and for consistant important contribution solsjaar
no roy keane ????

blurry-vision
17-07-10, 11:10 PM
Keane would be pushing Foreign to be fair.

wert
17-07-10, 11:12 PM
Keane would be pushing Foreign to be fair.

ask the irishman if he thinks he is english......

blurry-vision
17-07-10, 11:15 PM

It's a fair point, but you're just been pedantic really Wert haha.

Chilprufe
18-07-10, 09:29 AM
IF your going to include Irish ... there is only 1 .... George Best

wert
18-07-10, 09:36 AM
IF your going to include Irish ... there is only 1 .... George Best

yes probably the most naturally gifted player alongside ronaldhino ever.....he did not play in the premiere league ,he played in the old first division.

fzzy head
18-07-10, 10:24 AM
out of the list for me it has to be Cantona and Di canio, who playing in an average west ham team could turn a game if he fancied lazy bastard at times but on his game was amazing
Good idea for a poll yoko 2009 nice 1 mate

Tabbatha
18-07-10, 12:30 PM
Weird, it only let me vote once (unless I did two by mistake)

But I voted for Zola because, for me, his football was pure brilliance. In fact, I HATED football until I saw him play. I started going to Chelsea and the rest is history.

bergkamp
19-07-10, 05:37 PM
ill give you one guess who i went for !

as for the player that didnt play for arsenal ive gone for the red nose racist schmiecel - top keeper

yoko2009
19-07-10, 06:09 PM
cantona
and for consistant important contribution solsjaar
no roy keane ????

Hes not really an import is he? otherwise i would have had him in there and probably voted for him

yoko2009
19-07-10, 06:10 PM

yeah but fuckem he come over here young enough and i wouldnt class him as a foreign import, he mainly learnt his pro trade in England

yoko2009
19-07-10, 06:14 PM
ill give you one guess who i went for !

as for the player that didnt play for arsenal ive gone for the red nose racist schmiecel - top keeper

lol red nose racist hehe Ian Wright deserved to be called what ever he said to him for that 2 footed tackle! i woulod have called him much worse but im not a racist! Bergkamp do you know if he did that tackle before or after Big Pete supposedly said them remarks???? if before he deserved what he got if after big pete deserved what he got!

bergkamp
20-07-10, 07:33 AM
it was supposedly for remarks he made in the game the season before , but wrighty still put schmeicel in his all time 11 (well sub anyway) in four four two magazine and they were both pundits together on the bbc after the events so they must have kissed and made up.

yoko2009
20-07-10, 10:25 PM
oh yes so they were presenting together i forgot about that! probably all handbags! i think this racism thing gets blown out of proportion at times. look at poor old racist Ron lol i had to laugh when i heard he said that, of all people! Chants on the terraces and that are bang out of order but i think little one off comments can get blown right out of propertion

yoko2009
20-07-10, 10:29 PM
btw who the fucks Roanlado?????? what a mong i am!

gee
20-07-10, 11:02 PM
i voted henry as he's simply one of the best players i've ever seen at sjp... and if you'll allow me to pitch a player from my club... nobby solano... cost next to nowt, gave first class service, was loyal, loved the club and if you're lucky he'll play his trumpet for you... toot toot :)

yoko2009
20-07-10, 11:08 PM
yep nobby was quality and a top guy....not that i knew him personally but he came across that way

bergkamp
21-07-10, 07:53 AM
i voted henry as he's simply one of the best players i've ever seen at sjp... and if you'll allow me to pitch a player from my club... nobby solano... cost next to nowt, gave first class service, was loyal, loved the club and if you're lucky he'll play his trumpet for you... toot toot :)

nop doubt about it henry was top class as a player - but for the way he conducted himself as well as the way he played bergkamp edges him for me . you never saw or heard bergkamp moaning about anything in the press or on the pitch , at the end of his career he went along with arsenals policy of 30 year olds only getting 1 year extensions without a murmur , never moaned if he was dropped . absolute class on and off the pitch.

really there should be only two names up for discussion bergkamp and cantona - not because they were the best players even though they are right at the top of that list as well but because of the impact they both had on united and arsenal respectively . they both completely changed the clubs they played for .

this ones for you gee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNfgibZO5o

Azerbanphal
22-07-10, 06:27 AM
Kinkladze ;)

yoko2009
22-07-10, 05:41 PM
yep totally agree with you Bergkamp! Corrext me if im wrong didnt it take bergkamp to hit the ground running with Arsenal? i dont think he scored in the 1st 10 games did he????????? but watching him play was something else. His first touch was out of this world. one of my favourite goals was in the world cup or euros where he took a pass from near the halfway line took it inside with his first touch and rammed it home! Your right about Eric as well, might not have been the greatest player there ever was but he turned our club around and was cool as fuck! hes still a cool fucker now! seen the new sky adverts hehe Seagulls huh!

bergkamp
22-07-10, 07:51 PM
it did take a while for bergkamp to fit in and the papers were giving him loads of stick . i remember at the time arguing with people that never used to go and actually watch a match about him . they used to believe all the shit in the papers about how he wasnt any good as he wasnt scoring but he was never a out and out striker like wrighty. bergkamp used to set as many up as he scored. when you watched him week in week out from the stands you could see straight away that he was class and what he was trying to do , the real problem was the players alongside him were shit - hillier , mcgoldrick , morrow , selley etc . what people couldnt see on the tele was bergkamp playing balls into space for people to run onto and the other players not having his brain and vision not realising what he was up to and just standing there .its no wonder that it wasnt until we got better players like overmars and pires (another couple that should be on the list) anelka and henry that we saw the best of bergkamp, you cant expect people like bergkamp to play alongside shit like chris kiwomya (twiglet)

and yoko i think you must mean this one in the final minute against argentina - one of the best world cup goals ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqvZ1qMUyps&NR=1

plus remember that afik he is still the only player to have got 1st,2nd and 3rd in bbcs goal of the month

CockRoach
22-07-10, 07:56 PM
Henry for me, then of course Torres by default - but Henry season after season - magic he was
drop-ba lols please
cock

yoko2009
22-07-10, 09:10 PM
yep thats the one and even better than i remembered it, i thought he took it inside with his first touch but he kills it dead and then takes it inside with a wonderful finish, he did something similar playing for arsenal i think it was a cup game against leicster and the finish was from closer range, could be wrong about the team though

CockRoach
22-07-10, 09:15 PM
Henrys open day opener against yokos team - back to goal 25yrds out - one flick, one turn, one hellova shot - eat that mankys harharhar
ill never forget that goal - someone else can u-tube it im stoned

cock

fent11
22-07-10, 09:44 PM
Brian Laudrup

God couldn't lace his boots

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/noliquer/rangers/Brian_Laudrup_21.jpg

yoko2009
22-07-10, 10:10 PM
Henrys open day opener against yokos team - back to goal 25yrds out - one flick, one turn, one hellova shot - eat that mankys harharhar
ill never forget that goal - someone else can u-tube it im stoned

cock

or how about all 6 of united goals when we beat Arsenal 6-1 back in.................(1 sec google search taking place).........................25 Feb 2001, Dwight Yorke hatrick.........yahooo!

bergkamp
23-07-10, 07:18 AM
yep thats the one and even better than i remembered it, i thought he took it inside with his first touch but he kills it dead and then takes it inside with a wonderful finish, he did something similar playing for arsenal i think it was a cup game against leicster and the finish was from closer range, could be wrong about the team though

your right mate it was aginst leicester - he got a hat-trick, that was what he got the top three in goal of the month for - best hat-trick ever.

yoko2009
24-07-10, 12:10 AM
your right mate it was aginst leicester - he got a hat-trick, that was what he got the top three in goal of the month for - best hat-trick ever.

i just remembered matt elliot getting turned inside, that why i thought it was leicster, just checked it out again mint goal!

bright rider
28-07-10, 09:00 PM
Dennis Bergkamp + Paolo Dicanio for me, both great strikers

big rich
25-06-11, 11:49 PM
cantona gota be the best import to the english game.im a newcastle suporter & gota say bergkamp is a top player & his goal against newcastle as gota be in the top 10 ever goals in the premiership.his goal against argantina was voted best goal of world cup 1998 i was 15 then god were av the years gone.best import to newcastle who made a massive impact soon as he started playing for us was the man from columbia TINO ASPRILLA his hat-trick against barcalona was awsome.okay guys whos the WORSE import ever to the premiership,gota say veron was the biggest disapointment 4 me & what about thomas brolin for leeds back in the mid 90s.wht about best center midfielders got be another man united legend roy kean & another arsenal player viera check them out on you tube in the tunnel.henry classic player again 1 of the most smoothest flowing players that made great goals look easy 4 him.man i could be yu all night debated 2 my self whos the best.