PDA

View Full Version : Re-Wiring Diamond Reflector

Road_Runner
01-08-10, 11:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I upgraded my 2x 250w CFL in EuroShades to 2x 600w MH in Diamond Reflectors but for some thicky reason, I forgot all about the ballasts and cut the end of the cable for the reflector and put a plug on.

Of course, this was completely foolish and I now need to buy another female cable, cut the plug off and re-wire into the reflector.

The thing is.... the wires seem to go pretty deep... is it going to be replacable?

Road_Runner

jmbong
01-08-10, 11:25 AM
alright fella not sure if i understand what u mean but could you not just nip to b&q and bye a replacement fitting for the end of the wire that is already still attached to the shades

Taff
01-08-10, 11:27 AM
Not sure what you mean by 'the wires go pretty deep.' I'm sure I'll be able to help if I get a better idea what the problem is.

Road_Runner
01-08-10, 11:48 AM
I think you've understood me better than I was explaining!

Yeah, I cut the female kettle plug off the end and fitted a normal wall plug like if it was a CFL!!

I wasn't sure I could just buy a new plug so was planning in buying a whole new cable and re-wire it into the reflector.

I've seen Maplins do a replacement plug, I think the proper name is IEC:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1360&C=Froogle&U=1360&T=Module

I guess that should do it....

jmbong
01-08-10, 11:51 AM
thats what i would do mate just get a iec plug and bang it on,As for choice of shade i cant fault them it does what it says on the box defo less hotspots and a more even spread of light all the best with your grow fella and glad to help.

Road_Runner
01-08-10, 11:55 AM
thanks mate, sorry for making that more complicated than it was!

I managed to get one of the diamonds set up with a 600w MH and it pisses all over a 250 CFL with those crappy cheap reflectors

Can't wait to get this one running as well, the babies are going to love it.........

jmbong
01-08-10, 12:11 PM
mine did to and i have the 400wers the colas i got from my last grow were the biggest iv had and the only thing different about my last grow were these shades,But the only thing i would say is invest in a couple of sunmaster sodium bulbs for flowering better bud growth from sodium this is how i do it and has always worked a treat all the best dude:bong: and have one for me :bong:

Road_Runner
07-08-10, 07:09 PM
yeah, i'm gonna change to sunmasters for flowering for sure.

got some heat problems since hooking up the second 600 though so need to sort those first!