PDA

View Full Version : i need some good info asap please!!

whiteyboy
02-04-08, 02:46 PM
after germination then poted into pots straight away but suposebly my soil has no nutes in it so im feeding my seeds in the pots which have not yet broke through the soil with water with the tiniest bit of biobizz also my seeds in pots are under 24 4000hps lights could some please tell me if this is ok bit worried

bubbs
02-04-08, 02:52 PM
hello there white boy, welcome to THC, you should have a good read through the organic grow thread, and maybe general growing too you will find alot of info there and will answer most of your questions :D

Kaya
02-04-08, 02:58 PM
How do you know your soil has no nutes? Personally I would have still used plain water, but hey im still a noob, one of the more experienced growers will be able to give a better answer then me. Apart from that it sounds fine, how far away is the light? Have you thought about giving the plant 18 hours of light and 6 hours dark? Most people like to do this as it gives the plants some "sleep" time plus it cuts the electricity bill down a bit :) just a thought

whiteyboy
02-04-08, 03:03 PM
it was soil of a freind and this is just what he said to do but hope it wont stop my seeds from sprouting any idea how long it will b i potted them 48 hours ago my light is about a foot and a half away thnx

bubbs
02-04-08, 03:08 PM
were they seeds or seedling when u potted them, i realy think you should have a good read on growing thread mate ;)

whiteyboy
02-04-08, 03:09 PM
i had seeds germinated them untill the root shown bout 1/4 of an inch then poted them they were paradise seeds magic bud

LAL
02-04-08, 03:27 PM
the way i do my seeds is to soak in water for 24hrs, then plant 5mm deep into loose soil, cover pots with cling film (tok keep moisture in) and leave in total darkness until i see the heads pop above gropund, then and only then do i switch the lights on!

make sure your soil is nice and moist, covert with clingfilm, put in a warm dark pace and wait for them to pop above ground.. i like to go under the light wen at least 6 out of ten have popped.. the rest usually follow!!!

Cha-Cha Chong
02-04-08, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

whiteyboy
02-04-08, 03:47 PM
just had a close look and they seem to beginin to stand up or are about to but the shell is still on them so turned the lights to 18/6 hope they sprout ok

lkdj2003
02-04-08, 04:21 PM
just had a close look and they seem to beginin to stand up or are about to but the shell is still on them so turned the lights to 18/6 hope they sprout ok

Congrats mate, they will take right off now you watch. :yeah mate:

whiteyboy
02-04-08, 10:04 PM
hey hey just gt back frm work 3hrs since my lst post there coming on strng all standing up nw about to shred the shell very pleased any one got any info on this strain these are femanised paradiase seeds the strain MAGIC BUD should they all be fems

lkdj2003
03-04-08, 01:31 PM
hey hey just gt back frm work 3hrs since my lst post there coming on strng all standing up nw about to shred the shell very pleased any one got any info on this strain these are femanised paradiase seeds the strain MAGIC BUD should they all be fems

That is great news mate welldone! :rock:

Magic Bud:

Magic Bud is the finest blend of Indica and Sativa, which makes her into an easy to grow bud bomb. The floral and aromatic taste makes her smooth to smoke with a body relaxing effect, combined with a pleasant Sativa cerebral high.

Suitable environments: Indoors. Outdoors from 15º - 50º Northern and Southern latitude.

Now as you have Fem seeds they will be females but and very big but, you will have to go carefull with them as to much stress can cause them to hermie (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=2760&highlight=hermie) (go he/she) very easy. So i advice you to keep a very close eye on them once they are in flower for any signs of male flowers.

This is why alot of people go for regular seeds and root out any males and keep the females as they are alittle more stable as far as going hermie goes compaired to Fem seed females. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

whiteyboy
03-04-08, 02:03 PM
what kind of stress shud i tyr to avoid i go up every few hours to give them a water and they have already been potted into there main pots and wont be re poted now i dont have my carbon filter on yet mybe i should put it on to keep the air moving or is me just opening the bag enough fresh air for them the temp seems quite warm up there not sure how hot it is dont have a thermometer i just have a 400w hps now on 18/6 in my tent
BUY THE WAY I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP this is my first grow its so enjoyable love it watchin them grow hope the results just as good!! thankx

whiteyboy
03-04-08, 02:07 PM
:confused:hope i dont end up with a hermie ive only potted a couple of seeds need a least 1 female these seeds were dear!!

bubbs
03-04-08, 05:39 PM
well good luck i hope it all works out mate ;)

stoneroz
03-04-08, 05:55 PM
what kind of stress shud i tyr to avoid i go up every few hours to give them a water and they have already been potted into there main pots and wont be re poted now i dont have my carbon filter on yet mybe i should put it on to keep the air moving or is me just opening the bag enough fresh air for them the temp seems quite warm up there not sure how hot it is dont have a thermometer i just have a 400w hps now on 18/6 in my tent
BUY THE WAY I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP this is my first grow its so enjoyable love it watchin them grow hope the results just as good!! thankx
to avoid stressing the plant try to keep everything consistant. Temps cant drop too low during lights out, or rise during lights on. Buying a thermometer is a good investment.
Don't over or under water, this can stress 'em.
Warm up water when you do feed 'em, sometimes they get shocked when the canopy is hot and the roots recieved cold water.
Try to find the ideal nutrient level, keep it cosistant, its stressess 'em by changing day to day from a high feed to a low feed.

organix
03-04-08, 06:16 PM
overwatering is probably your biggest enemy, pick up a freshly watered pot and feel the weight well you won't need to water again until the pot is light generally, only exception is if you put a small plant in a big pot, until a seedling can tap its roots down you would need to keep the top soil moist.

Also get the air circulating at least if you don't have no extraction, a constant supply of co2 is essential if you want results.:)

lkdj2003
03-04-08, 08:10 PM
:confused:hope i dont end up with a hermie ive only potted a couple of seeds need a least 1 female these seeds were dear!!

I hope you don't to mate, but it is the risk that Fem seeds throw at you i am afraid.

I paid around £60 once for dutch passions Ultra Skunk fem seeds only for them to hermie and i gave them no known stress due to the hermie fact and they still did. If it does happen you can keep plucking the male flowers off like i did so you still end up with some smoke but it is added hard work you can do without and again it really depends on how much they hermie to whether it's worth keeping them going and risk pollinating your other plants or just chucking it and count your losses.

Im not trying to piss you off, i am only saying it how it is so you know if the worse happens. I really hope it doesn't and as abit of support i have seen some damn good Fem grows without no problems in the past. ;)

THC Angel
04-04-08, 10:52 AM
:weed: welcome to thctalk mate

Bitterfly
13-04-08, 05:00 PM
welcome mate!

ive heard loads recently about dutch passion going hermie, and the one strain i grew from dutch passion was white widow from clone and that went hermie on me!

so i think ill be staying away from them from mow:o