PDA

View Full Version : Dinner is served...

starchild
03-08-10, 06:19 PM
...with a contribution from the whole family lol.

heres what the dog caught yesterday evening....
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/tonights-dinner.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/52245/title/tonights-dinner/cat/500)

And heres the veggies i picked to go with it, or a few of them anyways, the mrs washed and peeled, so did I, lol, the rabbit anyways, and I am brining it to tenderise it, its a buck/jack depending on your side of the pond, so tougher than a doe, and ill be pot braising it with fennel, and sage, also from the garden :)
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/vegplatter1.jpg

And I have a bottle of Yorkshire red wine lol, it better be worth the £15, as opposed to £6-8 for a normal one in sainsbury's!......Chin chin :)

Ganesha
04-08-10, 11:49 AM
Oh you lucky sod! My mouth is watering at that.

How was it? (Need I ask...)

starchild
04-08-10, 03:34 PM
Oh you lucky sod! My mouth is watering at that.

How was it? (Need I ask...)

Bloody lovely, I am glad you asked so i could say "It was bloody lovely" :D Really gamey and delicious.

As it happens I also made a summer garden veg soup, and by the time we had that, with some home made poppy seed bread (seeds also from the garden :))there was marginally too much rabbit there for ther both of us, and of course the dog, who has to have a 'quarry share'. The pot braised saddle and shoulders with the fennel and vodka was lovely, and really tender after the 12hr brining.

The two legs I am going to 'pott' as well, as in Potted Rabbit, i'll clarify a bit of butter tonight, and rub the leg meats with more salt, a little sugar, some dried sage and bay, then stuff it all in to a smallish clay pot and soak it till it overflows in the butter, it will then soildify and I can keep it in the fridge for 6months if i like, however it will probaby last till fridays lunch, always have a special lunch on a Friday :) - The Mrs comes home :)

Thats the secret of rabbit, the brining, same with most small game to be fair, either hang till it walks itself into the kitchen to be butchered, or gutted plucked/skinned and brined the same evening, I prefer that method, then the stomach contents don't start to break down the intestine, and sully the meat. Top be fair if I had an abundance of 'Peters' i would be smoking the loins in my hot smoker for 6hrs first, then brining, that makes a depth of flavor unrivalled for anyother way of cooking rabbit or hare.

Anywys thanks for looking in chaps, i was hoping it wasn't too gruesome for the forum, it appears not. besides everybody should see how their food lives, dies, and more imoportantly what it looks like alive, as opposed to being pre-packed in cellophane.

I will add, that although the dog caught the rabbit, very gently, i performed the kill, (twist and pull sharply). Theres no way I would let my domesticc dog get bloodlust, the last she saw of the rabbit, was it wriggling in my hand with her jumping up, and then it stopped moving, and she was kept away. Just thought i would add that for all the veggie types that like lil furry animals, my dog is not an untrained crazed bloodlusted pitbull lol, shes a lab x springer, and as soft as you like, unless you are a rabbit, then you are fair game lol...

Thanks for popping in chaps :)

Shades Of Green
04-08-10, 03:37 PM
Mmmmmmm tasty, I had a rabbit pie made by a Scottish person and I can honestly say it was the tastiest pie I ever ate.

Nice one!

starchild
04-08-10, 04:22 PM
Until you tasted mine ;) hehehehehehe. Northumberland rabbit is better than Sscots! lol, the Scotts ones are all high from the outdoor growing north of the border lol :)

blurry-vision
04-08-10, 04:32 PM
I hope you wiped it's arse before you shot it in the pan. :p

Nah looks good grub there mate..

starchild
04-08-10, 05:49 PM
I hope you wiped it's arse before you shot it in the pan. :p

Nah looks good grub there mate..

Indeed i did squeeze his bladder to exit the last of the wee, and poo. A little pellet popped out and landed on my dogs head hahahahaha, she ate it lol.

To be fair it takes about 45seconds to prep a rabbit for cooking, and I have done it a few times, but those of you who havent watch a youtube video, lol, you might actually see me somewhere ;). But I couldn't link it here hahahahaha

I was gonna supply a tune, however theres not really enough to stay and listen for lol :). peace bro.

TheGreenMachine
05-08-10, 07:23 PM
LOL.... My family would die if they saw me with brare rabbit on the counter like that..
Not me though... I say rub it round a pan :)

Sounds like a right feast you had and with homemade poppy seed bread too.. You lucky so and so lol.

It's all fair game at the end of the day (no pun intended) and I far prefer hand prepared meals over this packet crap any day.

DHAKA BOY
05-08-10, 07:32 PM
That looks delicious. I love rabbit - It knocks spots off the inbred, bloated and force fed chicken you get nowadays, even the orgainc free range lacks taste ?

I do wish I had more time too do it, but I love shooting...I have a weihrauch HW100, all legal and <12 ft/lb. Its a beast and there is nothing better than going out to get your tea for free :) And it tastes the best ! My wife will not eat them though :(

When my wife goes home for 6 weeks, I shall endevour to get up early a few times a week to nick a pigeon or wabbit :)

starchild
05-08-10, 08:44 PM
LOL.... My family would die if they saw me with brare rabbit on the counter like that..
Not me though... I say rub it round a pan :)

Sounds like a right feast you had and with homemade poppy seed bread too.. You lucky so and so lol.

It's all fair game at the end of the day (no pun intended) and I far prefer hand prepared meals over this packet crap any day.

Indeed, the dog i quite good, i could have a gun, but i couldn't be trusted lol. I would be shooting next door bunny as opposed to opening a tin of Spam ;)

That looks delicious. I love rabbit - It knocks spots off the inbred, bloated and force fed chicken you get nowadays, even the orgainc free range lacks taste ?

I do wish I had more time too do it, but I love shooting...I have a weihrauch HW100, all legal and <12 ft/lb. Its a beast and there is nothing better than going out to get your tea for free :) And it tastes the best ! My wife will not eat them though :(

When my wife goes home for 6 weeks, I shall endevour to get up early a few times a week to nick a pigeon or wabbit :)

Nice mate, love a bit of the wild grub, i also mooch for anything else free to eat too, it my favourite season now, and coming, muchrooms, the no psychoactive ones, berries, nuts, tubers, and lazy fat game :), of which my lil dog takes full advantage of :). And she doesn't kill either, she brings them back still wriggling lol, or flapping, I must be pack leader, and with no kill, nio bloodlust, shes a wicked dog, especially for the kitchen.

You'll have to spike your wifes casserole mate, and just llet her ask what that lovely flavour is ;)

Thanks for stopping in :)

DHAKA BOY
05-08-10, 09:04 PM
Its always a great feeling getting your own food.

If you are not into sourcing food (i'll include green there !) or hunting of some kind, then I think you have lost an important human trait and are detachted from your true natural instincts ?

I like fishing, some of my mates take the piss, I just tell them I'm a true alpha male who undersatands the real needs of a woman (To eat and survive, its got nothing to do with Gucci or prada !) lol.

starchild
05-08-10, 09:18 PM
Its always a great feeling getting your own food.

If you are not into sourcing food (i'll include green there !) or hunting of some kind, then I think you have lost an important human trait and are detachted from your true natural instincts ?

I like fishing, some of my mates take the piss, I just tell them I'm a true alpha male who undersatands the real needs of a woman (To eat and survive, its got nothing to do with Gucci or prada !) lol.

Not such a good fisherman me, it requires too much patience, i do lay eel nets, but let the elvas go, and I have a crab net and a crayfish trap. We eat quite well from our local area, being reasonably near to an estuary, i can have an abundance of picking from the sea and the river.

Not to mention the salt marsh lamb you can get from the butchers :)

I would source all my food if i could, but i neither have the time or space, lol - contrary to what you might think i spend very little time on my own stuff lol, most of its family related, but dog walks serve multiple purposes. In one walk I can get a rabbit from the dog, pick up 2 or 3 varieties of wild mushy, lift the eel, and crayfish traps, grabs pounds of blackberries, when in season, as well as apples, wild asparagus and wild strawberries lol, and the walk takes 45 mins. Love where I live :) - its an open house larder. I am am the prodigal snacker.

DHAKA BOY
05-08-10, 09:37 PM
Not such a good fisherman me, it requires too much patience, i do lay eel nets, but let the elvas go, and I have a crab net and a crayfish trap. We eat quite well from our local area, being reasonably near to an estuary, i can have an abundance of picking from the sea and the river.

Not to mention the salt marsh lamb you can get from the butchers :)

I would source all my food if i could, but i neither have the time or space, lol - contrary to what you might think i spend very little time on my own stuff lol, most of its family related, but dog walks serve multiple purposes. In one walk I can get a rabbit from the dog, pick up 2 or 3 varieties of wild mushy, lift the eel, and crayfish traps, grabs pounds of blackberries, when in season, as well as apples, wild asparagus and wild strawberries lol, and the walk takes 45 mins. Love where I live :) - its an open house larder. I am am the prodigal snacker.

Buddy - You have the lifestyle I deeply crave. I know its hard to find time, the pace of life and cost of living means we all have to work hard now just to keep our heads afloat - But fair play too you. You sound very lucky.

I have taken a mate signal crayfish trapping in a river near here - But we have yet to succeed. I have caught them fishing for fish, but the traps are not working. Will keep trying different bait - I think I'll let it get a bit rotten first.

Me and the wife will live somewhere remote and simple one day - But with her being indonesian, it will be out that way. At least growing wont be an issue out there and I'll need no grow equipment - just some rupiah to keep the local police in check :) Maybe I'll move to Aceh and start a farm (massive growing region in the north of sumatara ). Aku bule gila mau padang ganja ! (Im a crazy whitey who wants a ganja field)

Keep on tracking and snacking :)

Azerbanphal
06-08-10, 09:37 AM
Haha Northern Sumatra a bit fundamentalist above Toba.
Saya tingall di KL tuju tahun dan Singapura lapan tahun.
During the 80's nutter 90's and "dada" fever so not much smoking unless in thailand or Bali heh.
Talking of Lake Toba, I have smoked some incredibly strong weed there which was completely unique tasting. Never seen or smelt it anywhere else.

TheGreenMachine
06-08-10, 09:40 AM
Me and the wife will live somewhere remote and simple one day - But with her being indonesian, it will be out that way. At least growing wont be an issue out there and I'll need no grow equipment - just some rupiah to keep the local police in check :) Maybe I'll move to Aceh and start a farm (massive growing region in the north of sumatara ). Aku bule gila mau padang ganja ! (Im a crazy whitey who wants a ganja field)

Seems we share the same aspirations in life matey :)
A nice quiet spot living on what you produce... Just as nature intended.
Screw this industrial western world I say.

J420
06-08-10, 09:48 AM
Man I'm jelouse hehe

scooby1doo1
06-08-10, 09:57 AM
forgive me for being stupid, but what exactly does "brining" mean

starchild
06-08-10, 10:24 AM
forgive me for being stupid, but what exactly does "brining" mean

Not stupid at all mate lol, most people would read it without having any idea what I'm talking about lol.

Brining is the soaking and part curing of meat with rough salt and water. Usually one tea cup to 1L of water, with a few of the things i mentioned before,. bay, peppercorns, etc. The salt breaks down the fibres of ther meat to tenderise it. Wild meat has absolutely no fat, so the meat can be sinewey and potentially tough, thats why you hang deer for at least 28 days, you would never chew it lol, its like leather. However in the instance of the deer, you hang it till it walks in itself to be butchered. Then its tender, with smaller game the meat can go off while you hang it, so brining is always the better option, and you can alo cook it for eating after 12 hours with brining, with hanging, you just have to wait till it stinks lol.

I wish my life was as glam as you lot think it is lol, i have to work very hard to maintain it, and it can be pain as well lol, just think when it isnt spring and summer with exciting things to forage and catch, it aint like that from Nov onwards, its cold, wet, to the point of floods, miserable, and if the river spates I can't even get to the pub. Ok so its not as bad as i may describe it, but its hard work, expecially digging yourself out from under a 6ft snowdrift multiple times in the winter. But for 6-7 monts of the year I wouldn't swap it for anything. :)

bubbs
06-08-10, 11:00 AM
well i think your mean!!! poor ickle bunny :(

wert
06-08-10, 11:13 AM

if i remember correctly bubbs,you said to tom bong you would not come into these threads again.........a mans gotta do ,what a mans gotta do........

starchild
06-08-10, 11:14 AM

All opinions appreciated :) I did dispatch him quickly and humanely, rather than being ferretted with terriers and lurchers, wihich is the favoured farmers pest control in my area. Its not pleasant, cause terriers dont snap necks like proper dogs, tend tent to tear the stomach as the poor animal tries to escape. Or tear their legs off while they try to escape down holes.

I will say that if the dog hunts i don't stop her, but i also dont have two dogs trained to ringfence the rabbits,or a gun, crossbow or catapult, we just get what is too fat and lazy to escape. My method is also preferrable to a fox kill to, they just kill for fun, and also eat their pray alive, usually with a foot over its head also starting at the stomach, my dog can only catch what a fox would.

I am pleased an alternate view is here, so i can explain its not for fun and sport, we do eat the quarry. I am geuninely sorry if this practice offends :).

bubbs
06-08-10, 11:20 AM
well i didnt know it was gonna be a bloody skinned rabbit did i Wert :laugh:, i do try to stay outta these threads, veggies look nice though hehehe

i do understand that they are classed as vermin, its cool, i just love bunnies there sooo cute look

http://https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/100_3642.JPG

BURNZ
06-08-10, 11:39 AM
We kill about 20 rabbit a year, get them from a farm and bring them home. The first thing we do is hang them by their hind legs (still alive) then WHACK !!! karate chop to the back of the head ! Instant kill but dirty, it looks like a all out blood bath in the garage from blood spatter everywhere.LOL

We usually chop them up and make a stew or make it in the oven with potatoes, onions, carrots, white wine and assorted spices. It's good but an acquired taste as not everyone likes the flavor.

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 02:06 PM
Haha Northern Sumatra a bit fundamentalist above Toba.
Saya tingall di KL tuju tahun dan Singapura lapan tahun.
During the 80's nutter 90's and "dada" fever so not much smoking unless in thailand or Bali heh.
Talking of Lake Toba, I have smoked some incredibly strong weed there which was completely unique tasting. Never seen or smelt it anywhere else.

Dude ! YEs aceh is not a good place for whiteys like us - I was being tongue in cheek. My wife is from sumatara. But you know what its like up there, massive growing region.

Kamu nomong bahasa juga - bagus! ... aku suka ini:) I would have loved to live in KL, great city. I lived in singapure and batam (still got a rumah kecil in batam). My wife is going back soon, on her own.

Was never a big fan of spore - It was safe at night, that was the only good part. Very sterile, and the old bill are every where (loads of plain clothes).

I have tasted some quality out there dude, and have some great weed tales . Did you ever try any philipinno hash ?

Good on you for getting on the bahasa too - The locals love it when the bule nomong bahasa. I really miss the genuine nature and interest the locals expressed in bules kaik aku, great people who look beyond consumerism to get their kicks - Its all about time with and respecting your family and great food - coupled with shelter, there is not much more you could ever need in life.

Time for some bintang :)

starchild
06-08-10, 02:09 PM
We kill about 20 rabbit a year, get them from a farm and bring them home. The first thing we do is hang them by their hind legs (still alive) then WHACK !!! karate chop to the back of the head ! Instant kill but dirty, it looks like a all out blood bath in the garage from blood spatter everywhere.LOL

We usually chop them up and make a stew or make it in the oven with potatoes, onions, carrots, white wine and assorted spices. It's good but an acquired taste as not everyone likes the flavor.

No twist and pull? Jeez mate, thats gruesome lol. I hate to rub salt in Bubs' wound, but the bunny was quite humourous when trying to escape, he ran headlong into a fence post...twice, and did a superman impression, with squeel, off the embankment - a la suicide bunny :D. To be caught in the waiting jaws of the hound, gently. No smashing heads in here lol, just the standard quick and painless dispatch. Twist and pull.

I do like pet bunnies, and I have had them in the past, but thats the point, pet, and pest, its only an "S", but in the world of farming thats a big letter, and a costly one to crops too, being in an estuary area we are all cereal and grain crops, due to the fertility of the land, a warren of bunnies can decimate half an acre a day, not to mention triplicating their numbers every 6 weeks in the spring summer, funnily enough to co-incide with planting in the fields.

I agree with everybody hunting wild rabbits as much as possible, they are vermin, unluckily for them, they are tatsy vermin, and everybody wants a slice, literally lol, it also gets my goat that supermarkets can charge what they do for a culled pest, its more expensive perLB than free range chicken, and you don't even have to feed them lol...anyways, political rant over..

:)

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 02:12 PM
All opinions appreciated :) I did dispatch him quickly and humanely, rather than being ferretted with terriers and lurchers, wihich is the favoured farmers pest control in my area. Its not pleasant, cause terriers dont snap necks like proper dogs, tend tent to tear the stomach as the poor animal tries to escape. Or tear their legs off while they try to escape down holes.

I will say that if the dog hunts i don't stop her, but i also dont have two dogs trained to ringfence the rabbits,or a gun, crossbow or catapult, we just get what is too fat and lazy to escape. My method is also preferrable to a fox kill to, they just kill for fun, and also eat their pray alive, usually with a foot over its head also starting at the stomach, my dog can only catch what a fox would.

I am pleased an alternate view is here, so i can explain its not for fun and sport, we do eat the quarry. I am geuninely sorry if this practice offends :).

Its the law of the jungle mate - Your dog has acted on instincts, and you have merely made sure that the life lost has not gone to waste. Its nature in action.

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 02:29 PM
Seems we share the same aspirations in life matey :)
A nice quiet spot living on what you produce... Just as nature intended.
Screw this industrial western world I say.

Agreed ... Western life = A human farm for the large corporations who make / need us to consume.

I always think about the story/fable about the jamican fisherman and its very true...

American tourist in a resort see's a jamcian guy leaving his hut, to go fishing every day. The local fishes for 2 hours, catches 3 fish and returns home. 3 fish feed him, his wife and kids. He then has all day to play with his kids, educate them and spend time with his wife. What more does he need ?

The american see's this and cant help but pull this guy over and tell him...'why do you only fish for 2 hours everyday stupid !? you could fish for 8 hours a day and catch more fish ?'

The local replies ' And then what ?'

The yank tells him ' Well then you will have more fish and you can sell them and make money'

The local replies ' And then what ?'

The yank tells him ' Then you can buy nets and catch even more fish!'

The local replies ' And then what?'

The yanks says ' Well then you will make even more money, and then you can buy boats and employ people!"

The local replies 'And then what?'

The yanks getting frustrated now, and says ' Then you'll be a manager, making more money and building an empire'

The local replies ' And then what?'

The yank blows his lid ' YOu'll get right too the top, you'll be a CEO, the top dog, everyone running round for you'

The local asks - ' But then what ?'

The yank tells him ' Once your CEO, you wont need to work so hard, you'll have more time with your wife and kids !' :)

Moral of the story - Being in the middle aint really any good, you have to work to hard and miss out on your family, and being at the bottom and the top aint much different, only difference at the top means cash for useless tat and ipods etc.

Who are the real rich in the world ? Many folks here think they are rich, but they aint by a long shot.

Remember - If an aborigine set an IQ test, 99% of the world would fail. I like that one too :) We have forgotten what is important.

born2toke
06-08-10, 02:46 PM
spot on bruv !!

starchild
06-08-10, 03:01 PM
I'm rich.

I can forage wild food that roams freely, I can also turn on the tap and get a glass of water if i choose. 1.5billion people can't do that.

And more can't get the food to feed themselves.

I am positively loaded in my opinion.

born2toke
06-08-10, 03:15 PM
same ere star deffo loaded and am top of the food chain for a reason !! all animals are here to serve a purpose the circle of life springs to mind !!

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 03:57 PM
I'm rich.

I can forage wild food that roams freely, I can also turn on the tap and get a glass of water if i choose. 1.5billion people can't do that.

And more can't get the food to feed themselves.

I am positively loaded in my opinion.

I agree, Starchild you are rich beyond most folks dreams... and the first part of the hurdle is knowing it.

Some of the nicest and happiest folk I have met, smoked and socialised with have, by western materialistic standrads, a poor standard of living. A tin shack, plywood door and TV on a beer crate.

They have no bills, no forms, no slavery to time....yes life is a struggle and life expectancy reduced with little or nohealth care - But they see more and understand more about the world in their short years than anyone here would in 100 years of living.

But once you have love, food (herbs!) and shelter, there is not much more you need - Its just the TV that makes you think you do.

I was once a very different man - A materialistic, weight lifting, stone island wearing idiot, always at the football, upto no good... I feel sick with shame when I think what I once was - I was never stupid, but very concerned with image, power and status . I grew up in my mid 20's and now at 34 really feel I have found the real meaning of life and know what is truly imporant. I even wear cords and jumpers now, and sport a rapists beard :)

I have a great wife, a collection of mates who I can 100% rely on for anything and great memories from my child hood thanks to my dear and wonderful parents.

I also have 4oz of Blueberry :)

Its all a learning curve though - Live life and learn you gotta keep evolving.....look what happens to animals that fail to evolve....

Great talking to you all :)

starchild
06-08-10, 04:22 PM
I agree, Starchild you are rich beyond most folks dreams... and the first part of the hurdle is knowing it.

Some of the nicest and happiest folk I have met, smoked and socialised with have, by western materialistic standrads, a poor standard of living. A tin shack, plywood door and TV on a beer crate.

They have no bills, no forms, no slavery to time....yes life is a struggle and life expectancy reduced with little or nohealth care - But they see more and understand more about the world in their short years than anyone here would in 100 years of living.

But once you have love, food (herbs!) and shelter, there is not much more you need - Its just the TV that makes you think you do.

I was once a very different man - A materialistic, weight lifting, stone island wearing idiot, always at the football, upto no good... I feel sick with shame when I think what I once was - I was never stupid, but very concerned with image, power and status . I grew up in my mid 20's and now at 34 really feel I have found the real meaning of life and know what is truly imporant. I even wear cords and jumpers now, and sport a rapists beard :)

I have a great wife, a collection of mates who I can 100% rely on for anything and great memories from my child hood thanks to my dear and wonderful parents.

I also have 4oz of Blueberry :)

Its all a learning curve though - Live life and learn you gotta keep evolving.....look what happens to animals that fail to evolve....

Great talking to you all :)

I still wear stone island mate, and fila, sergio.my fav foraging jacket is a canvas 'terrace' parka lol - kept me warm at the footy, protected me a bit also at the footy ;), and has multiple pockets :)

The clothes i still wear, cause they aren't worn out yet lol, however they are gradually replaced with more hardwearing and utility type clothes lol, saying that the SI parka is getting on for 20 years old lol, not quite waterproof anymore, but hey i look good covered in mud carrying dead rabbits and mushys, with a 'swampy' dog bringing up the rear lol.

My riches are also no longer materialistic either mate, when youre nearer to 40 than you are 30, different things are important. Cooking the rabbit this week is the best fun i have had in a while, lol, and i am very much looking forward to blackberry season (not the mobile phone either! lol), i much prefer carrying a forage bag/basket and some secateurs than a kosh and a stanley knife. Its far more civilised.

Everyone should go to the hedgerows and meadows, and just have a look, we have very few things that can kill us in this country, and everyone of us here has the internet, you can always double check if your concerned. And everyone, wherever you are is near a good forage site lol, even in central london. Some of the nicest chestnut mushrooms i ever had came from right next to the serpentine in Hyde Park, and a friend of mine found a Black truffel just by the side, in the trees next to the entrance to London zoo in Regents Park. And no it wasn't a gorilla poop :D. we had it thinly sliced with a couple of lovely free range scrambled eggs from the chickens he keeps in his Walthamstow house garden :).

Thanks for coming back again there mate, nice to have a chat about similar stuff :)

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 04:42 PM
I still wear stone island mate, and fila, sergio.my fav foraging jacket is a canvas 'terrace' parka lol - kept me warm at the footy, protected me a bit also at the footy ;), and has multiple pockets :)

The clothes i still wear, cause they aren't worn out yet lol, however they are gradually replaced with more hardwearing and utility type clothes lol, saying that the SI parka is getting on for 20 years old lol, not quite waterproof anymore, but hey i look good covered in mud carrying dead rabbits and mushys, with a 'swampy' dog bringing up the rear lol.

My riches are also no longer materialistic either mate, when youre nearer to 40 than you are 30, different things are important. Cooking the rabbit this week is the best fun i have had in a while, lol, and i am very much looking forward to blackberry season (not the mobile phone either! lol), i much prefer carrying a forage bag/basket and some secateurs than a kosh and a stanley knife. Its far more civilised.

Everyone should go to the hedgerows and meadows, and just have a look, we have very few things that can kill us in this country, and everyone of us here has the internet, you can always double check if your concerned. And everyone, wherever you are is near a good forage site lol, even in central london. Some of the nicest chestnut mushrooms i ever had came from right next to the serpentine in Hyde Park, and a friend of mine found a Black truffel just by the side, in the trees next to the entrance to London zoo in Regents Park. And no it wasn't a gorilla poop :D. we had it thinly sliced with a couple of lovely free range scrambled eggs from the chickens he keeps in his Walthamstow house garden :).

Thanks for coming back again there mate, nice to have a chat about similar stuff :)

No problem, likewise...Cool - LOL at the utility clothing. I said to my mrs the other day I looked like a stinking farmer, and if I had seen myself as I am now, when I was younger, the younger me would have openly and publicly royally burried my older self (If that makes sense) - I was a judgemental gobby and arrogant angry man. I still have some old branded gear - loads of lacoste, some burberry / lacoste caps (Way before they were common and moody fake ones spread everywhere - Its a shame actually, as the white and sky blue burberry cap I have aint too bad, but wear that and its all over for you - Especially at 34 :) ). I gave a lot of my paul and shark jumpers to my mum and dad. I sold a cP company coat on ebay - it was too rude mate. fuckin hell...hundreds of quid on tat...the same money could have changed some ones life in some countries - very sad upon reflection.

Kudos on the fungi find in town . Thats quality.

Do you mind if I ask who you follow mate ? And as we are getting on I dont mind if you say Arsenal or west ham :)

starchild
06-08-10, 04:53 PM
No problem, likewise...Cool - LOL at the utility clothing. I said to my mrs the other day I looked like a stinking farmer, and if I had seen myself as I am now, when I was younger, the younger me would have openly and publicly royally burried my older self (If that makes sense) - I was a judgemental gobby and arrogant angry man. I still have some old branded gear - loads of lacoste, some burberry / lacoste caps (Way before they were common and moody fake ones spread everywhere - Its a shame actually, as the white and sky blue burberry cap I have aint too bad, but wear that and its all over for you - Especially at 34 :) ). I gave a lot of my paul and shark jumpers to my mum and dad. I sold a cP company coat on ebay - it was too rude mate. fuckin hell...hundreds of quid on tat...the same money could have changed some ones life in some countries - very sad upon reflection.

Kudos on the fungi find in town . Thats quality.

Do you mind if I ask who you follow mate ? And as we are getting on I dont mind if you say Arsenal or west ham :)

I should be a West Ham fan lol, however i am a ManU fan, my old man's doing, so just the green trim trabs and the Dark Blue Terrinda for me then ;) No Red in the Red Army mate ;). My older self would also kick the yonger self about a bit to be fair, I was a horrible little sh*t. Probably still am really, just a grown up one ;) And I get angry at the water board or the gas company rather than the colour of your shirt, unless you're pool, then Houston, we have a problem :) - hehehehe i do jest of course, these days anyways :). Funny lot us old terracers lol :D

If the boys could see me now, hahahaha.

Bet your dad looks great in ther P&S mate, lol, my old man buys NikeID trainers, with his name on the heel tab lol. Whats it will all these old buggers tearing us up eh? The only tearing up i do is the odd brasica, and carrot lol :)

Azerbanphal
06-08-10, 04:54 PM
Dude ! YEs aceh is not a good place for whiteys like us - I was being tongue in cheek. My wife is from sumatara. But you know what its like up there, massive growing region.

Kamu nomong bahasa juga - bagus! ... aku suka ini:) I would have loved to live in KL, great city. I lived in singapure and batam (still got a rumah kecil in batam). My wife is going back soon, on her own.

Was never a big fan of spore - It was safe at night, that was the only good part. Very sterile, and the old bill are every where (loads of plain clothes).

I have tasted some quality out there dude, and have some great weed tales . Did you ever try any philipinno hash ?

Good on you for getting on the bahasa too - The locals love it when the bule nomong bahasa. I really miss the genuine nature and interest the locals expressed in bules kaik aku, great people who look beyond consumerism to get their kicks - Its all about time with and respecting your family and great food - coupled with shelter, there is not much more you could ever need in life.

Time for some bintang :)

haha I grew up out there m8 - a proper expat-brat.
Sadly I can't cukup Bahasa like I used to since I moved away from the area in the early 90's and it kinda fades away :( I still understand almost all of it though.
I havent tried philipino hash, I never made it over there. Smoked a lot of nice weed in Thailand and Laos though.
Know what you mean about Spore. Still some good times there (I was a boarder there at school for ages). We used pulau Batam as a piss-up weekend place. I got spat in the face by a spitting cobra once :( (I shut my eyes in time thank god).
Yes KL was a great place to live, especially when I was 19-21 :D

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 05:01 PM
Man utd...cockney reds and the MIB :)

I am a yid. I dont mind utd better you winning the league than them woolwich nomads mate ! better utd than a ten to two walking danny dyer worshiping upside down piano playing 'we won the world cup' hammer :)

Its all part of growing up mate. Better to get it out of your system and wake up and be wiser for it. I feel sorry for the old timers when I see them, knocking on 50 , tired shit home made tattoos and singing 'XXXX till i die' like their life depends on it LOL Gawd bless em :)

Nice talking star child, I feel better about myself (knowing I wasnt the only one :) )

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 05:15 PM
haha I grew up out there m8 - a proper expat-brat.
Sadly I can't cukup Bahasa like I used to since I moved away from the area in the early 90's and it kinda fades away :( I still understand almost all of it though.
I havent tried philipino hash, I never made it over there. Smoked a lot of nice weed in Thailand and Laos though.
Know what you mean about Spore. Still some good times there (I was a boarder there at school for ages). We used pulau Batam as a piss-up weekend place. I got spat in the face by a spitting cobra once :( (I shut my eyes in time thank god).
Yes KL was a great place to live, especially when I was 19-21 :D

I love KL - use to go there for biz quite a bit, but always day trips. I liked taking the train from sing to KL for the odd weekend away - 8 hourish, through the jungle. Did you know you can take a train journey from singapore to london - it goes up through malaysia, thai, laos, vietnam, HK way, china, russia - europe.....Obvioulsy different trains, but what a trip to do ?

I saw loads of asia, always in and out of factories. Cant remember half the places I went to in china, was sent from pillar to post like a lemming :)

The hash in the north of the pinas is meant to be nice. bit safer up there on the isalnds as well as there was no abu sayif (the nutters who like beheading white boys). I could never justufy travelling there though with work, so missed out there. I gotta try it though, a few people out there said it should be tried, as it never leaves the region - you gotta go get it.

Ahh the ula mau makan kamu ! Lucky escpae there ! I never saw a snake in the hutang, even with scrabbling around fishing.

If you miss bahasa - what better reason than for going to amsterdam ! We have some films in bahasa if you want some mate :) There was a real good indonesian film that came out just before we moved back here, about young kids growing up in jakarta and just making their way through life - a sad but happy emotional type film (like city of god ) - I'll see if I can remember the title, you could look for it on the web.

makasih ya.... hati hati :)

starchild
06-08-10, 05:26 PM
Man utd...cockney reds and the MIB :)

I am a yid. I dont mind utd better you winning the league than them woolwich nomads mate ! better utd than a ten to two walking danny dyer worshiping upside down piano playing 'we won the world cup' hammer :)

Its all part of growing up mate. Better to get it out of your system and wake up and be wiser for it. I feel sorry for the old timers when I see them, knocking on 50 , tired shit home made tattoos and singing 'XXXX till i die' like their life depends on it LOL Gawd bless em :)

Nice talking star child, I feel better about myself (knowing I wasnt the only one :) )

You're not the only one by a long chalk lol, the woolwich nomads were more nomadic when we came to town thats for sure ;). Its tough finding an excuse to go deep south when your playing the Gooners lol. Wasn't worth going there, unless of course, they knew you were coming ;)

Better the mushy's and real ale these days, still keep 'on top' of the footy like, and go to as many games as I can in the year, but i have more of a smile on my face, and I am in proper seats usually :) No more bottom back corners, under two tiers of opposing fans, and no more two hour holding pens post match either, like i said, far more civilised mate lol. I do sill have the chicken tikka pie and the cup of stewed tea for old times sake. If i have a beer, i usually need a pee with all the excitement ;)

DHAKA BOY
06-08-10, 05:36 PM
You're not the only one by a long chalk lol, the woolwich nomads were more nomadic when we came to town thats for sure ;). Its tough finding an excuse to go deep south when your playing the Gooners lol. Wasn't worth going there, unless of course, they knew you were coming ;)

Better the mushy's and real ale these days, still keep 'on top' of the footy like, and go to as many games as I can in the year, but i have more of a smile on my face, and I am in proper seats usually :) No more bottom back corners, under two tiers of opposing fans, and no more two hour holding pens post match either, like i said, far more civilised mate lol. I do sill have the chicken tikka pie and the cup of stewed tea for old times sake. If i have a beer, i usually need a pee with all the excitement ;)

I have not been since 2005, and that was first time for a while - I took my wife (then GF) and just kept my head down and we sat in the west stand with all the ' please sit down and be quiet, I paid to watch this game dont you know' lot - lol.

I cant justify the cost anymore - I would love to go again a bit more, but its time and cost travelling etc. it all adds up, Im miles away from Tottenham.

Real ale ! lol. I have it now and again too, why do youths overlook it ? I did, I bet you did to ? I guess its just not wanting to try it ?I hate stella and shit like taht now- pah its rapid brewed chemical shite! I prefer the cider though, but where I am I get real cider, not that strongbow type stuff - I live near a top 10 CAMRA pub - sells some lethal apple juice in there....

Happy grumpy old men rule OK !

BURNZ
06-08-10, 10:01 PM
No twist and pull? Jeez mate, thats gruesome lol.

No twist and pull, that's what we do to chickens or just chop off their heads and see how long they run\flop\jump around for :)

scooby1doo1
07-08-10, 01:48 AM
cheers for clearing up the brining thing starchild, to me it now makes more sense, bining is to user brine=salt water.
no one ever said ya had it easy though fella, living the land etc, I bet my last fiver you out of all the thc community prolly work the land the most, and hat off to ya, its as it should be hunter gatherer thing, most ppl today actually do believe a chicken is just something that lives in cellophane, so they become detached from reality, no offence intended here, but veggies, i mean wtf, were human beings, ok yes you got the arguement that its your choice, and every right you have to that, but to this end, most meat is manufactured, as in, it would not be alive today if it was not for us, there for its sustainable, fair enough it lives on veggies and might one day in-danger the vegatarian!!!!!!
But I really do thank starchild for his initial pics, this is really what humans are about, I feel we are actually loosing touch with humanity!!

starchild
07-08-10, 02:44 AM
cheers for clearing up the brining thing starchild, to me it now makes more sense, bining is to user brine=salt water.
no one ever said ya had it easy though fella, living the land etc, I bet my last fiver you out of all the thc community prolly work the land the most, and hat off to ya, its as it should be hunter gatherer thing, most ppl today actually do believe a chicken is just something that lives in cellophane, so they become detached from reality, no offence intended here, but veggies, i mean wtf, were human beings, ok yes you got the arguement that its your choice, and every right you have to that, but to this end, most meat is manufactured, as in, it would not be alive today if it was not for us, there for its sustainable, fair enough it lives on veggies and might one day in-danger the vegatarian!!!!!!
But I really do thank starchild for his initial pics, this is really what humans are about, I feel we are actually loosing touch with humanity!!

Cheers mate. I only do a bit, as much as my time allows, but to be fair its the product of good organisation, one good weekend in october/nov, nd the same end of feb/mar do your digging and add your yearly compost, all you have to do is keep the weeds away, give a final light dig, rake and plant away, nature does the rest.

I do my seed planting sitting on the back step when i have a fag, no smoking in my house lol, which is a bit of a mad one considering the amout of weed we smoke, anyways we have the brolly up outside, just like the pub :) and I have me pots and soil in the bin shed. And cause i have a mini g/house i get most of my stuff to germ so i only do enough lol. I recon about 2hrs a week, including my weed grow lol not inc the outdoor, it can take 2hrs just to get there, but thats just a weekly affair, and I dog walk as well same time.

Believe it or not i work 16-18hrs a day some days, so the garden is deffo a 2nd string hobby, first i have to tend the indoor girls, and any time over gets shared :) The garden and the outdoor help me deal with anger issues lol, anger at societies shafting of us lol. However the more i can remove my involvement to corporations and big business the better, especially in the food dept, what they get away with selling is tantamount to food poisoning, and the food we eat doen' t even look like what it is, lol, at least with a wild rabbit you are under no illusions of what is is, unless of course you have never seen one, in that case you need to get into nature a bit more often IMO :) There are rabbits in every local park. I moved from a flat on a concrete island (on a roundabout lol, i joke not) a few years ago, one patch of yellow dog pis stained grass and 2 flower beds, i used to throw carrot tops and fruit out the window for the 6-8 wild urban bunnies that frequented the plot :)

Anybody can grow anything anywhere, i grew up on the 16th floor of a towerblock with a N.E facing balcony in S. London. we grew lettuce, radishs and small under developed toms, that only 5 or 6 went red. It was never the less fun all the same. Mind you anything growing to a 6yr old is magnificent :D