PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to try making some butter.

CaluMoo
04-04-08, 04:57 AM
Dont really understand it all though, I know THC is fat soluble and that it needs the butter or some form of fatty substance to stick to.
I think i know the basics of how to make it aswell, get some green, grind it up, stick it in a saucepan of water/butter thats been melted and leave for a while.

What i'd like to know though, is how much bud i would need to put in to how much butter and to leave in the pan for how long?

Looking to get just me and a mate stoned for a night, like make 8 brownies or something,

bubbs
04-04-08, 10:52 AM
there is a thread on this in the cooking with canabis section :D i and another member sweetsinner made some recently, check it out its a cool thread step by step guide to making canna butter by green machine

CaluMoo
04-04-08, 05:28 PM
Is that the one thats stickied above? if so then how much bud would i need compared to trim?, as i cant get hold of trim around here, well not that i know of anyway.

bigballs
04-04-08, 05:55 PM
I guess its a personal preference type of thing really, if your are only making enough for 8 brownies i think you would probably only be using 4oz of butter or so, so maybe around an eighth of bud. Remember you will lose a bit of butter in the making of the cannabutter and that eating it takes a little while to get the full effect. I only tend to make cannabutter after harvest when i got lots of trim about (the small crystally leafs very close to the bud). Its a different kind of stone eating it and i normally smoke joints or bongs after eating space cakes to add to the stone :D

CaluMoo
04-04-08, 06:13 PM
Yeah i heard its a different feel to it, one of the reasons i want to try it, does the butter method keep the CBD or not do you know?
Also if youve built up a tolerence to smoking will eating it be with that tolerence or without?
and yeah the uptimes like a couple of hours or so isnt it? till you start feeling the effects like.

sweetsinner
09-04-08, 08:00 PM
Even with a high tolerance, eating something made with either cannabutter or canna oil will still hit you.. its more of a body stone, i love evening snacks to help me sleep :)

lkdj2003
17-04-08, 01:56 AM
Yeah i heard its a different feel to it, one of the reasons i want to try it, does the butter method keep the CBD or not do you know?
Also if youve built up a tolerence to smoking will eating it be with that tolerence or without?
and yeah the uptimes like a couple of hours or so isnt it? till you start feeling the effects like.

Yes mate i would of thought so as that is what gives you the heavy stoned effect.

Yes again if you toke alot it will effect your tolerence when eating it but eating is a strange feeling compaired to toking.

The answer to your last Q depends really mate on the strain of weed used and when it was harvested and how much was used in the cake mix. I find it takes about 30 to 45 minutes to kick in and when it does you will know providing the bud was good to start with and how much was added to the said cake/cookies.

Even with a high tolerance, eating something made with either cannabutter or canna oil will still hit you.. its more of a body stone, i love evening snacks to help me sleep :)

Lmao,

That reminds me of years ago when i bought a 1/4 of damn good solids for my 18th birthday and me and Ragmans brother where walking along when some police pulled up right in front of us and i took a bite of the hash and i stuck it in my mouth and swallowed it and passed the other half over to Rag's brother and he swallowed his half and we where both masheeeed for a good day or two. :stoned-smilie: