PDA

View Full Version : seed test

Guerilla
07-04-08, 05:47 PM
just a quick question, when you go to germinate some seeds but you do the water test where you see if they sink or not, does floating mean that they are still able to germinate or are they duds?

sorry if this is a silly questions ive been using cuttings recently so ive forgotten about germination.

THOMAS CHONG
08-04-08, 04:01 PM
If they sink ther good if they float then ther bad "i think"

weed heed
08-04-08, 05:10 PM
dont know about the water test if theres a bit of air trapped in the seed it will float,for germinating if the seeds not sunk in so many hours your supposed to give it a poke aboot with something clean to try and get it to sink.if it disnae sink its probably no good.cheers weed heed

bigballs
08-04-08, 06:40 PM
I just germinated 5 white widows floating them in a glass of water, all 5 of them germinated so i'm not sure about your theory.
Its not a silly question, cos i seem to remember hearing something like what are saying as well :D
P.S. welcome to the forums mate :thcleaf:

weed heed
08-04-08, 08:33 PM
bigballs did they all float and germinate or sink and germinate am pretty new to growing but a site i looked on reckoned if they stay floating after 24 hours not much chance of germination.i stand to be corrected though cause ive never used this method just shows you cant always believe what you read.cheers weed heed