PDA

View Full Version : Should Cannabis be legalised?

wooger
28-04-08, 10:28 PM
Vote here guys!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-27020-details/ques-26451-id/Lite+poll%3A+cannabis+law/poll.do

The_Hunter
28-04-08, 10:43 PM
voted:bong:

munkman
29-04-08, 12:59 AM
thought im ight as well vote too :p

Dave
29-04-08, 02:44 AM
Added my vote.. Spread the word on this, let's get it noticed!

MarkMono
29-04-08, 02:56 AM
Why? Its a questionaire in the Evening Standard.

CheeseGreen
29-04-08, 12:14 PM
I often wonder if legalisation would work in this country, and weather or not it would give us the tokers an advantage at all.

It is true to say that at the minute there is a danger in possesion and a bigger danger in growing, but what effects the legalisation of cannabis would have on society is questionable. I think if there was a legalisation of cannabis it could lead to an eruption in harder drugs which actually are dangerous. I dont care who you or what you think, cannabis IS a gateway drug. From my personal experience and from seeing it happen to a good 30 or so people i know; if you smoke cannabis, the chances of you taking some chemical drugs like pills, coke and acid are SUBSTANTIALLY increased. However, if cannabis was legalised, it may not continue its role as a gateway drug. Alchohol is not a gateway drug but it effects your behaviuor a lot more than cannabis and is also more dangerous to your health. If cannabis was not grouped as an 'illegal drug' then people would not feel they already fall into the catagory of illegal drug takers.

There is also the abuse. The British have an addictive personality and often take things much to far i.e. binge drinking. The amount we smoke per person (of the people who actually smoke) is a lot higher than in Holland as well.

Has anyone ever read high society? i think it was by Ben Elton. This book will take you through a completely fictional and hypothetical process of the legalisation of cannabis and indeed many other drugs. If cannabis was legalised, it would be a reasonable thing to suggest that all drugs were legalised. At this point i expect to hear moaning and wailing at that statement, but the fact of the matter is that the criminalisation of hard drugs has not lead to a decline in them at all, however in recent decades drugs have become a prominent but secret cornerstone of many peoples lives. Infact i would be willing to bet good cannabis that on housing estates up and down the country, it would be easier for a 13 year old to get hold of pills than it would be for them to get drink. If there was a regulation in the market of all substances they would be a hell of a lot less dangerous and the taboo of taking these harder drugs would slowly be lifted and people would feel less inclined to try them. The reason i say the lifting of a taboo would lead to a decline in the amount of people taking drugs is because the initial excitement and fantasy many people feel when taking their first pill would fall massivley, also the youth subcultures which are formed that counter the values of mainstream society wouldn't be able to use drug taking as a form of rebellion. At this point it would be important to mention that Britains drug consumption has massive reaching implications internationally. I saw a statistic somewhere saying that 95% of organised crime (including human trafficking and illegal slave labour) is funded by the drugs we are buying on the streets (unless you know you're buying your stuff homegrown, but that cannot account for all drugs).

Then there is the obvious factor in criminality of drugs. When did the government ever obtain the right to decide what i do with myself and my own body. And why the hell did they think that throwing people in jail would stop the problem? Some morons in government have some questions to answer there. Brown doesn't know shit though and the fact that he was trying to put cannabis up to a class B shows the pure ignorance on the matter. But he's going to have to win the next election somehow (though i think it's going to be a clear cut win for the tories).

If cannabis were legalised, i'd love to see how violent crime rates fell... Violent crime is the only type of crime i truely believe people should be left in a dank cell for the majority of their lives for. When someone has the mentality to seriously hurt someone else and enjoy it they should be sectioned from the rest of society.

So, now to reach the conclusion of my rant :) the legalisation of cannabis is a tricky matter and it shouldn't be taken lightly because "w33d iz feking awsome!!!!". I would love for there not to be a social stigma on weed, and i'd love to be able to sit in the park in summer, lying on the grass, with a massive joint in my hand with families and police walking about. But it is far more complex and would have much further reaching implications than someone just signing a peice of paper to say that it's alright for us to smoke it. Attitudes must change in society long before the current system of norms and values can change- this change has already begun to become evident. My evidence of this... well how many forums are there on the internet worshipping MDMA? Cannabis is now massivly wide spread and starting to infiltrate every corner of society. So it is possible that change is on the horizon anyway.

I really don't know what my exact point is i just had a lot to say on the matter. Either way i clicked yes on the poll :D the change we need in societies attitudes need to start somewhere :bigjoint:

xanadu
29-04-08, 12:54 PM
Cannabis dealers are gateway dealers. I bet more tobacco smokers would try heroin if Smiths sold that ;)

Thankfully Smiths don't sell smack, so if weed was legalised I'd assume the (highly dubious) gateway status would disappear along with the need to visit dubious characters for a supply.

PTB
29-04-08, 12:59 PM
Cannabis dealers are gateway dealers. I bet more tobacco smokers would try heroin if Smiths sold that ;)

Thankfully Smiths don't sell smack, so if weed was legalised I'd assume the (highly dubious) gateway status would disappear along with the need to visit dubious characters for a supply.

This is what I believe. I don't really like buying weed ever because I've never had a good dealer. They've always been a bit scary...

xanadu
29-04-08, 01:13 PM
This is what I believe. I don't really like buying weed ever because I've never had a good dealer. They've always been a bit scary...

I only started getting to know good dealers when I was in my 30s and now I would consider my two most recent main dealers friends and in fact I see them fairly often still even though I don't buy from them any more.

But I had some very scary dealers in the past as well as some very nice but incompetent and unreliable ones :D

I often spend quiet moments wondering what sort of dealer people would make :D

I tried dealing once BTW, and was one of the nice but incompetent and unreliable variety ;)

PTB
29-04-08, 01:21 PM
haha yeah. I just wouldn't take the risk with dealing myself, I tend not to like most people and I know I'd be the unreliable sort. I'd rather just smoke what i've got :harvest:

But oh I've always wanted a dealer that knew what strains he was giving me, that I could speak to like a human rather than;

'Heres your weed'
'Heres your money'

Most the dealers I know you're kind of sitting there wondering whether they are about to get up and beat the crap outa you for no reason. I'm glad I shan't be dealing with them anymore.

haha the last guy we knew however, we tried a guy that had cards printed out and posted through the my mates door. Little chav turned up in a car full of other little chavs. He looked 14 but I guess he was 17, I felt really wierd buying for someone younger than me. I'm glad I'm growing now :)

xanadu
29-04-08, 01:31 PM
My dealing experiment was a long time ago and it tought me how I love weed much more than I do money :D :D

Hehe last time I bought from chav sorts was five or six years ago and they were great lads :)

They didn't sell themselves but drove to get us some if we gave them a bit for a smoke. They didn't even want cash in advance and when we gave them a bit they said it was too much and gave us half back!

CheeseGreen
29-04-08, 01:38 PM

None of my initial weed dealers had anything to do with any other drugs. But more recently they have done. I often find they dont tell you about their other stuff unless you enquire. I admit though that a lot of people will have gateway dealers which will get them into other drugs. It isn't only the dealers that put you onto harder drugs though.

If smack were regulated it would be hella scary seeing it sold in Smiths, but that is something slightly different to it being a gateway. Just because the corner shop down the street sells tobacco it doesnt mean i'm going to buy their alcohol.

I have had some god awful scary dealers. I remember one in one of the pit villages that's near me that a mate put me onto. He opened the door with a rotweiler ready to tear me apart. I'm not the greatest fan of dogs anyway and i may as well have literally shit myself.

I tried dealing once upon a time as well, but i was smoking my way into debt and when you're getting ripped off on the ounces there is no joy or dignity in having to sell shit deals to your friends to atleast break even. At the minute an ounce around here costs upwards or £145 for 25 grams. Weed prices, quality and amounts have never been the same around here since the great summer drought of 06 :( if you want over 3 grams for an 8th you'll be paying £25. Fortunatly for me i've sorted my summer smoke this year with my litle baby master kush :D

Kaya
29-04-08, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have one of those "door" dealers in their area? :D

You know the ones where you just go to the door, if the gates shut they have nout :D If its open, ring the bell and get your shit through the gap?

Rather impersonal a bit like a shop, but you dont have to listen to any shite :D

PTB
29-04-08, 01:59 PM

You know the ones where you just go to the door, if the gates shut they have nout :D If its open, ring the bell and get your shit through the gap?

Rather impersonal a bit like a shop, but you dont have to listen to any shite :D

Wow I think I'd prefer that!

stoneroz
29-04-08, 02:11 PM

Not where I live, I did find a house like your describing when I went on holiday to New Zealand, aparantly they're easy to find in NZ, some places act like a drive thru so you don't have to leave your car. HOW COOL IS THAT!!:bong:

Booshbuds
29-04-08, 10:04 PM
A voted a few times trying to get it up to 63%. Not sure if it accepts more than one vote.???!???!

CheeseGreen
29-04-08, 11:18 PM
Check this out on the same site! I cant believe more people havent voted no since so many thought cannabis should be legalised.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/poll/poll-27037-details/ques-26468-id/Standard+poll%3A+cannabis+upgrade/poll.do?answer=42084

It shows the massive flaws in these kind of polls.

clevelandbwoy
29-04-08, 11:40 PM

That sounds a bit mad. I had one bout 15 years ago when i was like 15 lol knock on the door. He'd open it 'What you want mate? Here y'are. See ya later'. about 10 seconds at the most cus money wud be ready in me hand.
I used to know alot of people dealing before I moved up ere to the north east. Most of em were young lads that couldnt be bothered to work and thought sellin drugs was/is a good way to make money. Most of the people who i knew who sold weed do sold other drugs too or could easily get them for ya if ya wanted.

I dont know bout you guys but i definately hate seeing teenagers even smoking fags let alone anything else like

CheeseGreen
29-04-08, 11:44 PM
Teeside mate, unlucky :)

i'm not doing much better over here on wearside either though :mad:

Booshbuds
30-04-08, 12:05 AM
Fuck all up in the Toon too dudes. Bloody North east is dry man!!

Kaya
30-04-08, 12:42 AM
That sounds a bit mad. I had one bout 15 years ago when i was like 15 lol knock on the door. He'd open it 'What you want mate? Here y'are. See ya later'. about 10 seconds at the most cus money wud be ready in me hand.
I used to know alot of people dealing before I moved up ere to the north east. Most of em were young lads that couldnt be bothered to work and thought sellin drugs was/is a good way to make money. Most of the people who i knew who sold weed do sold other drugs too or could easily get them for ya if ya wanted.

I dont know bout you guys but i definately hate seeing teenagers even smoking fags let alone anything else like

The thing is the "door" dealer has different stuff to everyone else.

Everyone else seems to have the same stuff, they all get it from a "big" dealer who gets it from London or where ever. Sometimes its good weed, but sometimes its grit weed. I know some of these dealers, went to school with them. I tell them not to get the grit weed, but they still do because they get what there given by the "big" dealer if you know what i mean, which is shit. These near enough always have weed or in the process of getting some (phone back at 6 ill have some then type of thing).

Whereas the "door" dealer seems to be sort of indipendant if you like and always has different stuff to the other dealers good stuff to nice and fruity. I dont know this guy well even though ive been going for years now, he doesnt even know my name. Sometimes he'll run out though for a couple of days. Its always the best weed, little shady though, which is why some dont like going there.

The third type of dealer in my town (well that i know of) are the asians who have some really nice fluffy stuff but its quite rare and ive lost contact now with them.

Hasnt been properly "dry" around here for ages now theres always something, allthough sometimes its the dreaded grit. The grit weed isnt the normal scratches CD's stuff, but you can tell its contaminated as it has far too many trichs, a horrible taste and leaves hard black ash.

clevelandbwoy
30-04-08, 02:51 AM
The thing is the "door" dealer has different stuff to everyone else.

Everyone else seems to have the same stuff, they all get it from a "big" dealer who gets it from London or where ever. Sometimes its good weed, but sometimes its grit weed. I know some of these dealers, went to school with them. I tell them not to get the grit weed, but they still do because they get what there given by the "big" dealer if you know what i mean, which is shit. These near enough always have weed or in the process of getting some (phone back at 6 ill have some then type of thing).

Whereas the "door" dealer seems to be sort of indipendant if you like and always has different stuff to the other dealers good stuff to nice and fruity. I dont know this guy well even though ive been going for years now, he doesnt even know my name. Sometimes he'll run out though for a couple of days. Its always the best weed, little shady though, which is why some dont like going there.

The third type of dealer in my town (well that i know of) are the asians who have some really nice fluffy stuff but its quite rare and ive lost contact now with them.

Hasnt been properly "dry" around here for ages now theres always something, allthough sometimes its the dreaded grit. The grit weed isnt the normal scratches CD's stuff, but you can tell its contaminated as it has far too many trichs, a horrible taste and leaves hard black ash.

yeah most my mates are asian an most do it.
One lad I used to know, he use to deal. And he used to get it in bulk off another guy and sell it to other dealers. And the guy he got it off done same thing. And guy above him probably done same thing lol

xanadu
30-04-08, 03:41 PM
The chain is usually a fair bit longer than you would imagine.

I used to know someone who sold kilos of pollen (bought 20-30Kg at a time) and it had usually already been bought and sold at least twice since it entered this country.

Off topic, but I remember asking why their car was sitting so low to the road one day and nearly shitting myself when I was told! :D

Not so amusing at their funeral though :(

Drugs can be bad m'kay!

CheeseGreen
30-04-08, 04:49 PM
Fuck all up in the Toon too dudes. Bloody North east is dry man!!

Newcastle isnt that bad at the minute! That's where most of our smoke has come from. I've got a few good mates dealing in newcastle. Prices and weights are quite literally a pile of wank though.

Xanadu, you're right the chain is massive. I used to know a dealer about 2 above the street dealers. And he could trace his weed back to 3 people above him. I wonder how much it costs for the cheif dealers :weed:

CheeseGreen
30-04-08, 04:52 PM
The chain is usually a fair bit longer than you would imagine.

I used to know someone who sold kilos of pollen (bought 20-30Kg at a time) and it had usually already been bought and sold at least twice since it entered this country.

Off topic, but I remember asking why their car was sitting so low to the road one day and nearly shitting myself when I was told! :D

Not so amusing at their funeral though :(

Drugs can be bad m'kay!

I read through you're comment again and realised we could actually be talking about the same person! its pretty fucking unlikely though. but my mate i was talking about recently died and i noticed you mentioned a funeral and a low slung car. if you live anywhere in the north east of england i'd be pretty freaked out right now.

xanadu
30-04-08, 05:19 PM
I read through you're comment again and realised we could actually be talking about the same person! its pretty fucking unlikely though. but my mate i was talking about recently died and i noticed you mentioned a funeral and a low slung car. if you live anywhere in the north east of england i'd be pretty freaked out right now.

Don't worry mate, I'm a bit further north than you and this was a good five years ago now :)

They often did business in the Toon though, Newcastle is a main hub for stuff going north - or it was at the time :D

CheeseGreen
30-04-08, 11:38 PM
Don't worry mate, I'm a bit further north than you and this was a good five years ago now :)

They often did business in the Toon though, Newcastle is a main hub for stuff going north - or it was at the time :D

yeah there have been some real bad raids up here lately man. It isn't looking too good to be honest. Over the past 3 months 4 of my dealers have been raided and another arrested about 6 months ago. We're struggling at the minute but we'll get by :bigjoint:

CheeseGreen
30-04-08, 11:39 PM
Regular, reliable and diverse supply is definatly a massive plus for legalised cannabis!

Kaya
01-05-08, 12:05 AM
Does anyone think Cannabis will ever be legal in the UK?

Personally I dont......ever.

Dave
01-05-08, 02:17 AM
Not while uptight bastards run the country.

The_Hunter
01-05-08, 10:18 AM
hmm, well i think it depends us (the public) to make cannabis legal.

CheeseGreen
01-05-08, 10:43 AM
hmm, well i think it depends us (the public) to make cannabis legal.

Most definatly it does. If legalising cannabis would make someone think that they could win an election they'd lobby for it straight away.

I think it will be legalised one day. Maybe not in any of our life times but Britain has to be able to see the truth into the matter and not the 70 year old generalisations and labels that cannabis has.

Kaya
01-05-08, 12:16 PM
Most definatly it does. If legalising cannabis would make someone think that they could win an election they'd lobby for it straight away.

I think it will be legalised one day. Maybe not in any of our life times but Britain has to be able to see the truth into the matter and not the 70 year old generalisations and labels that cannabis has.

Buts its now got new even worse labels, KILLER SKUNK, 30x STRONGER, GIVES YOU SCHIZOPHRENIA

CheeseGreen
01-05-08, 02:58 PM
Yeah that's true. But back then they still thought it sent you crazy but people also thought you would go around shooting people and causing violence whilst ripping your soul out through your eyes or something. Not entirely plausable. Attitudes towards mental health and cannabis are also changing now. Recently Brown commisioned some report to figure out if he should put it up to a B. The government scientists concluded that it wasn't necessary.

Alcohol destroys your liver, kidneys and probably your marriage.

lady420
01-05-08, 03:03 PM
Have you ever read why it was made illegal in the first place, if not heres a link

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

I actually do not know what the outcome would be if made legal, could I afford to smoke it then, one reson i grow is expenses. I did choose yes though as It's worth it to see, and if that poll has any impact on the law, well it has my vote ...

Kaya
01-05-08, 03:04 PM
Yeah that's true. But back then they still thought it sent you crazy but people also thought you would go around shooting people and causing violence whilst ripping your soul out through your eyes or something. Not entirely plausable. Attitudes towards mental health and cannabis are also changing now. Recently Brown commisioned some report to figure out if he should put it up to a B. The government scientists concluded that it wasn't necessary.

Alcohol destroys your liver, kidneys and probably your marriage.

Yeah its funny how Brown is taking the decision on something he know NOTHING about its a fucking discrace how he thinks he know best over the experts.

I cant stand him hes so fake hes got the personality of a "wet mop" and NO leadership skills what so ever, hes a boring monotone accountant and should stick to crunching numbers as thats all he knows how to do.

How good does Tony Blair seem now? :D Compared to this prick.

Rant over.

CheeseGreen
01-05-08, 03:07 PM
I almost miss Blair... or do i?

hmmmm:weed:

Kaya
01-05-08, 03:14 PM
Have you ever read why it was made illegal in the first place, if not heres a link

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

I actually do not know what the outcome would be if made legal, could I afford to smoke it then, one reson i grow is expenses. I did choose yes though as It's worth it to see, and if that poll has any impact on the law, well it has my vote ...

Ive read that story many times, but then why is cannabis illegal in other places like China? Where I doubt America has much influence over them? So THEY decided themselves rather than any of those reasons in that story.

The_Hunter
01-05-08, 10:44 PM
china, communism
and really shocking human rights.