PDA

View Full Version : New hid lumatek 600w dimable

grosom
23-09-10, 03:05 PM
hay guys wow just got my first hid a lumatek 600 dimmable seriously bright and i only had a 400 mh bulb in cant wait to get it set up in my grobe need to wait for my new extraction though i think.
Just now im using a 4 tube 2 foot lightwave and 4" axair duct fan for extract am going to use a 400 mh
for veg and a 600 grolux for flower and am upgrading to a 6" rvk for extract & 4"axair for intake.

at the moment ive got an onyx &a bcn diesel any help appreciated all advice taken well maybe lol
anyway let me know what you think cheers guys.

Gro.....:xmas:

toma
23-09-10, 03:24 PM
av been lookin at these for weeks am goin to get the 600w dimmable how mutch did you pay for it and is it worth it thanks. Toma

grosom
23-09-10, 04:10 PM
:)hi dude i cant say for certain their brilliant cos ive only had it a couple of days but i think its seriously bright & silent for the time i had it on and everything i,ve heard has been good i got it with a grolux bulb and euro reflector for £169
but i cant say where i got it as it was,nt greens soz but i think its worth it being able to use 400w and 600w mh & hps altho you can only use mh in 600w or 400w u cant use them in360 or super lumens and you cant use dual bulbs
in super lumens either it has to be just hps but it still gives u more variability than a standard ballast hope this helps,
Gro...............,,,,,

grosom
29-09-10, 03:02 PM
well i've had this ballast for a while now and i think it's exelent can't fault it just using a 400w mh for the time being. going to change up to 600w hps in flower.
my grobe is very hot though but my ducting has'nt arrived yet so hopefully it'll help when that arrives .
Gro...........

no-nav
29-09-10, 03:26 PM
i have these aswell as other digitals that dim and i reckon all ballasts are great when they work!!
I cant really see the point of the super lumens as it should only be used when your bulb is half knackered.
Why would you use a half knackered bulb anyway and you wouldnt use it on a fresh bulb as it would shorten its life span.

Pointless but a great marketing technique.!

Mr_Bimble
10-11-10, 09:53 AM
My local growshop tried selling me one saying its basically two ballasts in one a 400W and a 600W both with an overdrive for your bulb to make it brighter (but shorten its lifespan).

I was under the impression you had to run a 600W bulb with a 600W ballast etc....

Is it genuinly a 400/600W dual ballast - if so I'll get the 250/400W version for my small tent as I can't cool anything bigger than a 250W in the summer but I know I can easliy cool 250W in the winter a bit more light & heat this time of year would come in handy...

Quang
10-11-10, 10:29 AM
My local growshop tried selling me one saying its basically two ballasts in one a 400W and a 600W both with an overdrive for your bulb to make it brighter (but shorten its lifespan).

I was under the impression you had to run a 600W bulb with a 600W ballast etc....

Is it genuinly a 400/600W dual ballast - if so I'll get the 250/400W version for my small tent as I can't cool anything bigger than a 250W in the summer but I know I can easliy cool 250W in the winter a bit more light & heat this time of year would come in handy...

It appears so Mr B dimmable , i can't fault my electronic ventronic ballast after three year's , it takes 400 but states 600 as it's power out .
Mine tell's me when to change the tube with LED diagnostic .

B!GBONG
21-11-10, 12:49 PM
I've got one of these babys.. Haven't set it up yet but it's at home waiting for me! ( travelling back from London ) think the dimmable option is sick as fuck, won't be wasting any lumens throughout the grow. when plants are small i'l be using 360 watts.. When they're getting bushy in the veg stage i'l up the power to 400 watts, then when in-between the 2 week stretch I
plan on switching to hps and 600watts right through till the last 2 weeks of flower when it will be getting notched up to the 660 watt super lumen Mark so I should be wasting little electricity while maximising yeild!! Well that's the plan lol

B!GBONG

Lazy Lacy
21-11-10, 01:32 PM
I've got one as well - silent and not over heating.
I find the Watts tweak is very useful for temp management :cowboy:

B!GBONG
21-11-10, 04:22 PM
Should not** be wasting any electricity... my above post was meant to say. Blame it on this iphone lol

Catpoison
21-11-10, 04:56 PM
I've got one of these and it's fairly handy although tbh it's on 600w nearly the entire time anyway!

altho you can only use mh in 600w or 400w u cant use them in360 or super lumens and you cant use dual bulbs
in super lumens either it has to be just hps but it still gives u more variability than a standard ballast hope this helps,
Gro...............,,,,,

Are you sure about not being able to use mh on 360w? I've got a 600w bulb running at 360 now and used it before as well without any issues.

Mr_Bimble
29-11-10, 12:44 AM
Well I took the plunge and bought the 250/400 switchable, it cost me £120 and so far things look good.

It's got 4 settings 250W/250W SL & 400W/400W SL. and has a sticker saying its suitable for MH/HPS - there's no warnings about overdriving MH or Dual spectrum bulbs just not to switch between the settings and allow 10 mins for bulb to stabilise.

The only thing the grow shop said was "Dont use a 250W bulb at 400W or a 400W bulb at 250W as it'll either damage the bulb or the ballast".

I've stuck a power meter on it and my old ballast used about 290W to run a 250W bulb and the new one uses about 265W so I'm saving 25W & the bulb seems brighter too (could be my imagination though).

Best thing is it runs cold and silent so 10/10 marks from me.....

no-nav
02-12-10, 06:27 PM
25w over an average 8week of 12/12 saves a planet busting 16.8kw. Combine that with the tariff your on and you wont save more than a couple of quid over those 2mths. Like you said...... best thing is it runs cold and silent.