PDA

View Full Version : UCLA Marijuana Use Study - Good News!

yavana
02-05-08, 06:13 AM
I feel like calling this "good news" really understates what the news is:

UCLA Study via the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html)

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Dave
02-05-08, 01:22 PM
Nice, sounds like good news. Why cigarettes are legal and not cannabis, I'll never quite understand until it changes.

milehighguy
03-05-08, 12:16 AM
HA FUCKING HA yea i really hate it wehen people say a joints as bad as smoking 10 cigarettes thanks god for techmology and scientificals and such...

PTB
03-05-08, 10:28 AM
That's really interesting. The wonders of cannabis never cease to amaze me!:bump:

popefull27
04-06-08, 09:58 PM
if thats true then whats the point of vaporizors

lkdj2003
05-06-08, 01:21 PM

For a different hit from your weed, not to mention it is healthier. :bong:

CheeseGreen
05-06-08, 08:00 PM

Carcinogens (sp?) aren't good for you whatever way you look at it. Even if THC kills ageing cells it doesn't mean your lungs aren't still cripled by smoke. lol.

yavana
08-06-08, 06:40 AM
You're also still almost certainly going to get any number of smoking related lung diseases - ie, emphysema. These aren't caused by carcinogens but rather by the mechanical build-up of carbon debris in your lungs.

These diseases can still very much kill you as easily as lung cancer. Cancers are only about a half of all smoking related deaths.

Manny
10-06-08, 07:41 PM
Hi this is Manny's better half. Just wondering what a vaporiser is and how you use it?

yavana
11-06-08, 09:18 AM
Manny's better half - a vaporizer is a device that heats cannabis material to THC's evaporation point, but below the combustion point. It burns off all the psychoactive part but doesn't create smoke/tar/etc so it's thought to be a much healthier way of smoking.

I don't know how I fall on this because the last time I used just a vaporizer to get high was like 3-4 years ago now, but the high is different than just smoking and a lot of people say it's more similar to eating than smoking.

Manny
11-06-08, 09:28 PM
Cheers for that Yavana -(Manny's other half)