PDA

View Full Version : Starting your seeds.

LUDACRIS
28-09-10, 01:51 PM
TAKEN FROM ELSEWHERE ON WEB

STARTING YOUR SEEDS.

Okay to all you paper towel heads and water nuts :laugh:. I have been saying this for a long time now but found a site which states it nicely. Read this and don't lose any more of your precious seeds needlessly.

For an optimal germination result the seeds should be planted DIRECTLY into the substrate. We clearly advise against using pre-germination methods or soaking. Please do not place the seeds into a glass of water or in moist paper tissues. Fresh and healthy seeds prefer a nurturing and airy substrate to germinate in – just as mother nature has meant it to be. Cannabis is a plant species originating from semi-arid and temperate biotopes and the vast majority of modern cannabis hybrids contain a substantial percentage of these genetics. Cannabis seeds are not adapted to swampy wetlands, but they are suited for germinating in well drained soil/substrate. In nature they rot if they fall into a puddle of water...and there are no paper tissues lying around either. Taking into account these botanical facts, it is quite logical that by creating germination conditions that are similar to those of the natural habitat one can expect the best results.
What happens if one uses pre-germination methods?

Soaking seeds in water/wet paper towels is a method which can be used for old seeds (3+ years) that are drying up and losing germination power; and for pure land race equatorial strains such as from Africa. Both factors do not apply to our seeds. Fresh seeds have a healthy embryo whose cells are filled with water. But excess water causes the cells to bloat, depletes oxygen and leads to the tissue rotting away before the seed embryo can germinate. Old seeds have lost water in the cell tissue, the embryo starts to shrivel, which is why germination rates drop the older the seeds are. Therefore, old seeds (ie. 3+ years) can soak up more water before adverse conditions cause them to rot. This is one of the main reasons why various seed stock reacts differently to pre-germination methods. Especially novice growers make a lot of mistakes with pre-germination methods such as soaking seeds in water for up to 1-2 days. Even if one chooses to pre-germ seeds it has to be done correctly.
It is in a growers best interest to choose a germination method with the lowest risk of complications. Because we want customers to have the highest success rate possible we recommend the most convenient and safest method. This does not mean it is the only option. We simply believe it carries the lowest risk. In fact, planting seeds directly in the substrate is also the most plant friendly method for any type of seed stock. The reasons are explained below in paragraph 2 & 3.

Placing healthy & fresh seeds in water/wet tissue can lead to the development of fungi or bacteria on the seed hull. Lack of oxygen and contaminating substances in the water/wet tissue promote fungal growth which can be transported to the substrate later on. Often the seed simply rots away if left for too long in a glass of water, or wrapped up in wet tissue.

Once the seed sprouts in a glass of water or paper tissue it already has the taproot growing out of the cracked seed hull. While transplanting the germinated seed it is very difficult, indeed impossible, to prevent damage to the delicate taproot. Many sprouted seedlings handled in this way show retarded development, or even simply fail to appear out of the substrate after transplantation. Handling seedlings this way can impair the health & vigour of the plant for the duration of it’s life cycle - especially if other disturbing factors occur during the early stages of growth.
Professional horticulturists rarely use pre-germination methods to actually grow out the seedlings because of the shock suffered from transplanting them. For example, we use the paper tissue method only as a quick test for germination rates of aged seed stock from our genetic repository. This allows us to see beforehand how many seeds we have to put in soil to get the amount of plants we require for breeding projects.
Germinating cannabis seeds is not difficult. All you need is some basic information on what is important and everything should work out fine.

kenny
19-10-10, 08:42 PM
is rockwool for cuttings or can i germinate straight from it in a wilma pot ?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 08:48 PM
is rockwool for cuttings or can i germinate straight from it in a wilma pot ?

You can start seeds in rockwool cubes.
(i dont do hydro).

LUDA.

cannamancan
19-10-10, 09:00 PM
i agree with this 100%.

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 09:07 PM
i agree with this 100%.

Thank you very much.

CHRIS.
:)

CockRoach
19-10-10, 09:14 PM
Nogoogle has a rival! lol

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 09:14 PM
STARTING SEEDS IN ROCKWOOL CUBES.

Seed germination in rockwool.

1. Get a jar ~500ml/16oz and fill with distilled water
2. Add a 2-3 drops of superthrive and shake
3. Get an aquarium pump and put an air stone in the jar to keep the water aerated
4. Drop in some seeds
5. Check seeds every 6 hours for cracking
6. Viable seeds will crack within 2-3 days at most
7. Pre-soak rockwool cubes with 1/4 strength Maxicrop solution
8. Gently place cracked seeds 1/8" deep in rockwool cubes
9. Stick a toothpick in next to seed hole and gently "lever" toward the seed to ensure it is in full contact with rockwool
10. Place cubes in tray and cover with humidity dome
11. Place under 2 4-foot shops lights
12. Remove dome once seeds sprout

LUDACRIS.
:)

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 09:16 PM

Maybe he used to have.

ROFLMFAO.

LUDA.
(humans move quicker than roaches).

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25617

CockRoach
19-10-10, 09:19 PM
thats one fat sig ludagoogle any chance of deleting it

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 09:28 PM

If you stop trolling me then you will not have to read it. Get a grip and grow up.

LUDA.

GFORCE
19-10-10, 09:38 PM

ludagoogle lmfao the new king of cut n paste

CockRoach
19-10-10, 09:38 PM
Get a grip and grow up you so there you troll :P
can i join Ludasmindfing?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 09:51 PM

Great. I love it.

What wrong with your little buddy ?????
Is he not due a spanking or you getting bored ???.
At the end of the day you can say whatever you want about me but i just laugh and just dont care. I will still be helping people out where i can regardless of trolls and if i copy and paste things, So what ??????. Get over it.
And i dont use google as all the information i have is stored on my desktop.

LUDACRIS.

CockRoach
19-10-10, 09:54 PM
im just bustin ya balls luda mate chzill fo i pop a cap in yo ass lol

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 09:57 PM

What is "Ludamindfing" ??????
(if you mean the rap thread then yes).

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 09:58 PM
im just bustin ya balls luda mate chzill fo i pop a cap in yo ass lol

I know mate. Nice try buddy and i am chilling with the bong and hope you are good and well.
(you dont have a thanks button on your posts ???).

CHRIS.

CockRoach
19-10-10, 09:59 PM
ok i done it! when do i get in?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:01 PM
ok i done it! when do i get in?

Are you really serious ?????
As i would love you in if you are in to rap.

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:05 PM
im a rapper man im down with the homies lol

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?28689-Check-out-my-rock-music&p=1068513595#post1068513595

and my thanks buttons broke cos everyone kept hitting it

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:10 PM

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?28689-Check-out-my-rock-music&p=1068513595#post1068513595

Drop me a PM mate and let me know what you plan to do (start your own discussion or other).
THANKS.

CHRIS.

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:12 PM
ok check your mail luda

cock doesnt plan cock just does it like nike

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:18 PM
ok check your mail luda

cock doesnt plan cock just does it like nike

If i get new mail it pops up on my screen.

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:20 PM
well i sent another just now maybe summin happned?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:23 PM
well i sent another just now maybe summin happned?

I have no new mail. (just checked).

CHRIS.

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:25 PM
you sure theres nothing wrong with your mails? do you have them restricted at all?

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:30 PM
ok just sent another one?

GFORCE
19-10-10, 10:30 PM
whats this about a rap club/thread i'm down with that shiznit how do i get in? pm you like cock

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:32 PM
you sure theres nothing wrong with your mails? do you have them restricted at all?

I just tried to message you and i wouldent let me ?????.
The problem is on your end as i get messages everyday from other users ????.
When i tried to message you it said "You have disabled your PM system or chose not to get any".

CHRIS.

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:33 PM
no mine is fine i just got a pm from icon just now?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:37 PM
no mine is fine i just got a pm from icon just now?

I just sent one to "GFORCE" and it let me through no problem ?????????.

CHRIS.

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:39 PM

This is what i see when trying to message you. Is you box full ??????.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vBulletin Message
CockRoach has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove CockRoach from the recipient list and send the message again..

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:46 PM
no mate - must be sum glitch with your pc or summin maybe?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:49 PM
no mate - must be sum glitch with your pc or summin maybe?

Cant be. I do have a few toolbars open and will close some down.

CHRIS.

Master Poet
19-10-10, 10:49 PM
Sorry luda, but my next spanking session on Saturday is full, I'll let Mistress Rose have your details, She'll sort you out. :D

CockRoach
19-10-10, 10:50 PM
yea try that luda mate cos im sending and getting them from others?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:56 PM
yea try that luda mate cos im sending and getting them from others?

I just done it and got a message about the rock thread straight away ????????.

LUDA.

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 10:57 PM
Sorry luda, but my next spanking session on Saturday is full, I'll let Mistress Rose have your details, She'll sort you out. :D

Surely you can fit me in for a quick spanking. I hope to fuck it is not Mrs Rose West.
LOL.

LUDA.

cannamancan
19-10-10, 10:59 PM

For some reason I don't think he is joking lol.

Lemon King
19-10-10, 10:59 PM

i fuckin love you my son...proper made my day!! im in stiches ere bruv!!!

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 11:08 PM

I knew straight from the get go this was a wind up. Nice try guys.
ROFLMFAO.

LUDA.

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8

CockRoach
19-10-10, 11:14 PM
im aint winding ya up luda mate i promise ive sent like 4 pms to you now? cant you just open the group so i can join?

cannamancan
19-10-10, 11:22 PM

Sup easy , how's it goin wiv ur bad luck thing?

LUDACRIS
19-10-10, 11:23 PM
im aint winding ya up luda mate i promise ive sent like 4 pms to you now? cant you just open the group so i can join?

The group wont be fully opened. Its by invite only and i dont know why you cant massage me ?????.
If i can PM "Poet" then yours should be no different unless you have to many messages in you in or outbox.

LUDA.

Feeder
20-10-10, 12:43 AM
Im germinting my seeds at the moment using paper towel method! If i had read this post before i would have followed it. As it is i will have 4 seeds left still to germinate :) I will try the method used here. Thanks for the post :)

LUDACRIS
20-10-10, 08:38 AM
Im germinting my seeds at the moment using paper towel method! If i had read this post before i would have followed it. As it is i will have 4 seeds left still to germinate :) I will try the method used here. Thanks for the post :)

Good luck.

CockRoach
20-10-10, 08:39 AM
get any of my messages yet Luda? just sent you one now.

LUDACRIS
20-10-10, 08:42 AM

Morning mate.
(no i still have no messages yet).

Master Poet
20-10-10, 08:44 AM
The group wont be fully opened. Its by invite only and i dont know why you cant massage me ?????.
If i can PM "Poet" then yours should be no different unless you have to many messages in you in or outbox.

LUDA.

And you say I'm part of a clique?!

Oh it gets better by the minute.:D

LMAO

LUDACRIS
20-10-10, 08:46 AM

LMAO

I never said any such thing mate.
(when/where?????).

LUDA.

CockRoach
20-10-10, 08:54 AM
ill try again ludaa but thats like the 6th message ive sent mate?

LUDACRIS
20-10-10, 08:57 AM

I am still getting messages from other users and i am able to reply no problem ???.
(are you doing it by clicking on my name. I can message myself no problem).

CHRIS.

CockRoach
20-10-10, 09:16 AM
yeah mate im sending the usual way? i dunno tbh mate - why dont ya just open it so i can join? then close it again?

LUDACRIS
20-10-10, 09:26 AM
yeah mate im sending the usual way? i dunno tbh mate - why dont ya just open it so i can join? then close it again?

I will send YOU an invite if you want but i wont open it.

20-10-10, 11:38 AM
*shakes head*

up2nogood
20-10-10, 04:20 PM

phew and I thought this stigma has been stuck on my forehead..lol

up2nogood
20-10-10, 04:24 PM

only because you were offering freebies..wink wink

LUDACRIS
20-10-10, 04:45 PM
only because you were offering freebies..wink wink

Thats interesting.
(funny how his messages are disabled).
Now that makes sense.

LUDA.

Eggbox
20-10-10, 05:42 PM

Lol you're really not missing much(admin can see groups, I'm not a member :D) - unless you like your rap spammy.. But I reckon you're more of a rap connoisseur :)

CockRoach
21-10-10, 10:30 AM
Why was luda banned for? how can i get him to open his rap theatre now?

Master Poet
21-10-10, 10:32 AM
why was luda banned for? How can i get him to open his rap theatre now?

lmfaooooooooooo

CockRoach
21-10-10, 10:35 AM
can you mods at least wait until im done winding up the wummers before getting rid next time....thankyou

bergkamp
21-10-10, 10:41 AM

i did try to open it up myself actually as i thought you might want to join and i knew it would annoy him if he ever sneaks on here again , but couldnt work out how to do it so i just deleted it instead no point in keeping it considering he was the only member.

CockRoach
21-10-10, 10:44 AM
i did try to open it up myself actually as i thought you might want to join and i knew it would annoy him if he ever sneaks on here again , but couldnt work out how to do it so i just deleted it instead no point in keeping it considering he was the only member.

lol he has the rock supercunts groups too bergy - 2xmembers................welll one now you banned the creator lol

mate while your at it can u delete the "TTT group - treehouse group" please tar

SIR SMOKER
21-10-10, 03:48 PM

LMAO

You 2 fucking jokers are in for a rough ride on poets spanking bench.

hahahahahahahahahahah.

I love spam................

LOL

SIR SMOKER
21-10-10, 03:52 PM

LMAO

Go fuck yourself COCK SUCKER.

LOL.
I love spam.

SIR SMOKER
21-10-10, 03:53 PM

LMAO

lol he has the rock supercunts groups too bergy - 2xmembers................welll one now you banned the creator lol

mate while your at it can u delete the "TTT group - treehouse group" please tar

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH please TAR LMAO.
FUCKPOT COCK SUCKER.

SIR SMOKER
21-10-10, 03:54 PM
lmfaooooooooooo

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

No he was not.............

LOL.
(he is you worst fucking nightmare).
Child abuser (reported to the police).
LOL

SIR SMOKER
21-10-10, 03:55 PM
lmfaooooooooooo

Watch out for the police now...............

LOL.

CockRoach
21-10-10, 04:00 PM
what i miss? lol

cannamancan
21-10-10, 04:04 PM
What's the crack ere then ?

CockRoach
21-10-10, 04:06 PM
i think ludas sad cos he got banned lol

cannamancan
21-10-10, 04:07 PM
Yeah that's the 3rd name he's used , and that's a bannable offence lol so he's gonna be more sad cause he gonna be banned 3 times lol.

CockRoach
21-10-10, 04:09 PM
to mods - please let me keep him next time even for just a day pleeeease

cannamancan
21-10-10, 04:09 PM
I hope he's not bringing the site on top the childish little fucker.:smiliegojerkit:

mellowed
21-10-10, 04:19 PM
So he's been banned 3 times on various user names? Does this mean he's gone forever?

cannamancan
21-10-10, 04:20 PM
Dunno lol , watch this space .......

Master Poet
21-10-10, 04:22 PM
So he's been banned 3 times on various user names? Does this mean he's gone forever?

I doubt it, he's like a bit of shit on the sole of your shoe, hard to get rid of and a persistant smell that wont go away.

cannamancan
21-10-10, 04:24 PM
Can the mods not ban his ip adress?

Eggbox
21-10-10, 04:50 PM
Yeah but that takes far more clicks than it does to ban him as he pops up :laugh: If he's not careful his IP will get more than banned. As he is consistently breaking the terms he agrees to when he signs up we have the ability to contact his ISP.. Although obviously that's measure I would never wish be taken upon anyone.. But if they don't watch it....

Azerbanphal
22-10-10, 10:26 AM
lol whats this guy ever done tho btw?
I seem to have missed this sniping opportunity..

CockRoach
22-10-10, 10:30 AM
id like to know what i done lol

PG
23-10-10, 08:56 AM
Being a fuckin pain in the ass. You will soon be outed as i have your IP addy.

hahahahhahahahahahahahaah.

And how have you managed to get a members IP? Stop talking shite Ludacris.

Maybe there is some truth in cannabis causing mental health issues when taken in large amounts by adolescents :)

Lay off the weed mate, it's not doing you any favours. :)

cannamancan
23-10-10, 08:58 AM
And how have you managed to get a members IP? Stop talking shite Ludacris.

Maybe there is some truth in cannabis causing mental health issues when taken in large amounts by adolescents :)

Lay off the weed mate, it's not doing yo any favours. :)

Can u not just ban and delete him?

PG
23-10-10, 09:08 AM
Can u not just ban and delete him?

Not sure tbh, I'm pretty crap on computors I've only just got my head around how to ban someone :)