PDA

View Full Version : Best Feminised Auto Low/Dwarf Seeds...?

DoobyDude
28-09-10, 09:06 PM
Hi,

Got pretty much everything bought for my first ever grow, just waiting on deliveries now.
Last thing to take the plunge on is what seeds to use.

As a first grow I am sticking to Feminised Auto's so minimise risk of failure, and also my grow space isn't huge so ideally want some LowRyder or Dwarf(?) seeds, anything that is'nt gonna be out of control and is easy to manage for a first timer...

So..can anyone recommend which seeds to go for?
I would like a nice smoke with a good yield (I know not to expect miracles)...:smokie:

So far I have been looking at LowRyder Original Feminized (https://www.thctalk.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_36_46&products_id=214) and Easy Rider Feminised Auto (https://www.thctalk.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=217) but I have never smoked either, and don't know if there are any other options available...?

I will be buying from the THCT Shop as I've learnt everything I know about growing from this place in the last 5-6 days, so would like to give a little back.

In this vein I will also be doing a diary once I get all the gear together :)

All comments / suggestions welcome :)

mrtank
29-09-10, 02:57 PM
Hi doobydude... I think your options for fem autos from the THCtalk shop are:

Joint Doctor:
> Diesel Ryder
> Easy Ryder
> Lowryder Original

DNA Genetics:
> 60 Day Wonder

Ceres Seeds:
> Easy Rider

If it was me I would choose either the DNA Genetics 60 Day Wonder's or Joint Doctor Easy Ryder's (with preference leaning towards the 60 day wonder's). I haven't got any experience of either but have read good reports on both, and the smoke is meant to be pretty good from both strains too. I would have said the Diesel Ryder too as I've heard its a very tasty/quite potent smoke but 'wheelchair' on this forum was very disappointed with his Diesel Ryder's: Thread Here (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?24417-Diesel-Ryder-Bubba-Kush-Noob-diary-amp-questions)

I would advise against the Original Lowryder as I've heard its lacking potency compared to the more recent auto strains available, and Ceres seeds Easy Rider I have never heard of so I don't know whether they are good or not.

Best of luck with your grow!

Master Poet
29-09-10, 03:01 PM
Personally I would go for Lowryder2 fems, although the original lowryder is also a nice smoke if a little smaller than the lowryder2.

monkey_1
29-09-10, 03:21 PM
Auto AK or LR2 every time man, the other autos are just too unreliable in my opinion. monkey

DoobyDude
29-09-10, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I will deffo take the advice on board.
I will give this thread some more time to get some more replies and opinions from the more experienced amongst us (and keep reading on this great place), so it will be maybe Friday/Saturday before I place the order.

Also I'm not sure how big the Auto AKs etc grow too as my space isn't massive, and I couldnt really deal with 6ft plants at this time hehe :)

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

Master Poet
29-09-10, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, I will deffo take the advice on board.
I will give this thread some more time to get some more replies and opinions from the more experienced amongst us (and keep reading on this great place), so it will be maybe Friday/Saturday before I place the order.

Also I'm not sure how big the Auto AKs etc grow too as my space isn't massive, and I couldnt really deal with 6ft plants at this time hehe :)

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

If you want to see lowryder2's have a look in my pic gallery, some nice ones there.

Lemon King
29-09-10, 05:13 PM
i assume when everyone says auto ak they just mean easy ryder (lowryder 2 x ak47) its a cross so not purely an ak47, so not an auto ak47.....

imo if you want the best smoke to buy em from here and autos....

go with AUTO FEM LEMON SEEDS they sell em on ere, lemon is one off the most famous smokes eva and everyone loves it (my ex n some people say its too strong....only a good thing eh!!)

and NO ONE on here has done a diary on em.......

failing that and to save money....get some fem lemon stinkines (non auto version) £17 you can 12/12 from seed n would prob get more yeild wise*

*i have not tried 12/12 from seed yet, but will do in a few weeks!!

mrtank
29-09-10, 06:25 PM
The guy asked for fem auto seeds available at the THCtalk shop. You can't get autoAK or Lowryder2's fems in the shop.

Also easy ryder mentioned AUTO FEM LEMON SEEDS. I assume he means the Auto Lemon Skunk seeds from lowlife which aren't available in the THCtalk shop as fems either. Like he said Lowlifes Easy Ryders are Lowryder2xAutoAK so thats a good one to pick if you fancy either of those strains.

The 60day wonder can grow pretty tall I think so maybe that's not one for you. if height is a real issue.

DoobyDude
01-10-10, 03:37 PM
I really wanna support the forum, but it seems it only sells a limited variety of strains people are mentioning...hmm :(

Also, I know autos are meant to be potted in the same pot from seed to harvest, but I'm unsure as to pot sizes as I would like as big a yield as possible (bigger pots).
I have some 24cm (9" approx) pots, which I beleive are 5ltr-6ltr....are these on the small size or adequate for a 2-3 plant grow, bearing in mind I'm using autos and want to maximise my yield size.

bergkamp
01-10-10, 05:47 PM
the bigger the pot the better - but i grow in 5 litre pots with no probs , they will be fine for autos

DoobyDude
03-10-10, 05:01 PM
OK well I've been looking around at different places and checking out peoples suggestions, and have narrowed it down to the following:

White Dwarf (Feminised)
Auto AK47 (Feminised)
LowRyder#2 (Feminised)

These are from another site and are £25 for the 3 as you can buy individual seeds, rather than £40ish for a pack of 5 of the same EasyRider/Loweryder seeds from the shop here.

Does anyone think I would be better off buying all the same type, as I have read there are no problems growing different strains in the same grow space, and it would be nice
to have a few varieties to see the difference in each, rather than being stuck with 5 seeds if I don't like that strain.

Comments / Suggestions welcome :)

bergkamp
03-10-10, 07:02 PM
growing differnt autos in the same space will be fine as they all stay about the same height.

DoobyDude
04-10-10, 02:54 PM
OK, just ordered :)

White Dwarf (Feminised)
Auto AK47 (Feminised)
LowRyder#2 (Feminised)

Now to get onto finishing off my grow cabinet today, and wondering whether the plant 2 or all 3 when they arrive!

Thanks for all the help guys, diary will follow when I'm all ready :)

babydust2010
04-10-10, 03:33 PM
im growing ak47xblueberry auto and its only got about a month to do and its only 50-60cm!!! and im also growning orignal lowryder and again abut 1 month left and its only 60cm so both r small and i must say for my first grow the buds r looking nice!!!

DoobyDude
04-10-10, 04:21 PM
Nice one babydust - good to hear someone else having a first grow is happy with the results :)
Get some pics up :)

I'm currently waiting for paint to dry on my grow cupboard, then I can start takin pics and cutting / sawing bits for the fans and stuff, and actually building it.

Never before has the phrase "it's like watching paint dry" been so apt - time for schmoke methinks ;)