PDA

View Full Version : Quitting for short periods, help!

Chambong
30-09-10, 12:07 AM
I spend so much money on gear a week, i never regret smoking it, but always regret the money i spend on it. I've grown before, but can't grow where i currently live and the reason i'm quitting is only for 2months or so to save the money for moving out where i can set up my own grow. Anyway my main problem is bordem, i often stop for a couple of days even get it almost completely off my mind but then i have some seriously boring afternoon where i think anything i'm doing would be better if i was high and then end up smoking.

Anyway i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for keeping there mind off cannabis, afterall it may not be addictive but enjoying every moment of the day is addictive and i enjoy every moment while high:leaf:

**Don't get me wrong i would never suggest not touching weed, just for me it will prolly work out better in the long run if i quit for a lil while now!!

relto
30-09-10, 12:51 AM
why cant you grow ??? ya only need a little space for a low odour plant....i grow 2 plants in a small space ..no filters or out..no problems...northern lights and brain storm...on a 250 watt cfl

DR_GREEN_HAZE
30-09-10, 07:04 AM
why cant you grow ??? ya only need a little space for a low odour plant....i grow 2 plants in a small space ..no filters or out..no problems...northern lights and brain storm...on a 250 watt cfl

Nl dont have any smell really till cropped then it's a joke deffo need carbon to dry inless u want a knock at ur door from the pigs....for giving up I could only do it wen I went on holiday for a week....wen I got bk one zoob I was baked....I cant not smoke wen I'm around friend bk home so I don't try I started growing my own for 2 reasons first is the money it costs with me £30 per day and 2nd is I don't wanna smoke shit dealers weed or get shit deals of good stuff.....u could do a few autos in a small box grow with cfl low cost swell

MisterBoogie
08-10-10, 06:18 AM
I would suggest working out when you get bored...go for a run, do some push-ups, sit ups, etc....

NFA
08-10-10, 09:58 AM
I would suggest working out when you get bored...go for a run, do some push-ups, sit ups, etc....

Just what i was going to say, the best way i found to reduce weed intake was starting to swim a few nights a week. Swimming has a steep learning curve (you see improvment quickly over a short period of time) i found that smoking during the day would spoil my evening swim considerably, so i began to not allow myself any weed until i'd got home from the pool. But by then I would be so knackerd from a good swim that i could barely get food together let alone a spliff.

Budolicious
08-10-10, 10:02 AM
Yea i would just go for taking up a different hobby and 'trading' it for smoking. Also just have to find some willpower :stoned-smilie:

Master Poet
08-10-10, 10:25 AM
I used to live next door to a guy and he would always help me out, his name was WILL POWER.

fatman57
08-10-10, 11:08 AM
i have to agree with the way this thread is going - I am a green addict and have been for many years but the only way to keep your sanity and health is to moderate it..................exercise is a great idea and it really is all about forgetting about it and doing somehting else.......then reward yourself :)

Cos of many reasons I have been off it for the last 6 months, I have done this before but the break is a good idea, when you are young your lungs only need a year off (being nauthty here and there would be ok, lol) and then they are in a MUCH better state of health, even more if you swim every so often or sommin...............

it can be difficult for some, including me, just gotta break the cycle sometimes.............

Cones247
08-10-10, 11:41 AM
yeah, i havent had a smoke in a couple of months i dont think.....lol
lots to keep busy with, little DIY projects, started sketching more (granted its a bit more fun when baked, but the time does seem to go quicker)

Up_in_smoke
08-10-10, 02:05 PM
Chambong, you aint alone mate.
I ran out of my own grown and said I was gonna wait until next crop, went out next day and spunked money on it and don't feel any better about it now.
Will power's a bitch

Quang
08-10-10, 02:18 PM
Think of the money you'll save and can spend on growgear , i regulary take a break , now i homegrow i can't belive i used to go outa my way to buy soapbar < feel like an idiot now

Dirk Gently
08-10-10, 07:33 PM
READING!

Not that place on the way to London. Get books man, lots of books. Works for me. I like to read anyway though so yes, it could just be I'm subbing one hobby for another.

Day 1 dry myself. I'm not buying now until harvy time (that's the plan at least) which is in roughly six weeks time woo!. Then two weeks drying and a week curing (er... where's my phone book?).

Honestly I prob will buy before then but for now I'm on detox too. Sometimes it just has to be done. Good luck to you mate although I doubt there's much I could say to make you stronger. In the end it's all up to you. Good luck though, good luck...