PDA

View Full Version : Covering the smell ????

stanley
08-05-08, 10:33 AM
I’m new to growing and currently trying to figure out where to put my grow. I am considering a few places the garage at the side of my house being one of them. I am a little concerned about carbon filters, if I was to put a carbon filter on the inside of my grow room and then ran the outlet from the extraction inside the flu of my oil heating boiler using a y piece connection would there be a smell that the neighbours could smell?

marijuanamat
08-05-08, 10:46 AM
There shouldn't be any smell if you've got a good filter,you can also add a oust plug-in inside the grow tent which will help alot,i use them without a filter and theres hardly any smell at all comming from my room.
Put 1 inside the tent and 1 in the garage just to be on the safe side.

stanley
08-05-08, 11:34 AM
There shouldn't be any smell if you've got a good filter,you can also add a oust plug-in inside the grow tent which will help alot,i use them without a filter and theres hardly any smell at all comming from my room.
Put 1 inside the tent and 1 in the garage just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the info. posting the plan below input would be appreciated.

organix
08-05-08, 11:38 AM
Thats the best way to run your cf anyway so good plan.

stanley
08-05-08, 11:49 AM
The image below is of my garage where I am thinking about putting a grow room that I’m going to build. It will be insulated outside and lined with c3 ADF 5FT X 5FT X 6FT. I have a cupboard on the back wall where I plan on putting the extractor fan and I’m going to line it with thick sound proofing foam. The back and side walls back onto my garden where the family will be this summer for bbq’etc. I m going to run the ducting through the cupboard, put the carbon filter inside the grow room and put the other end of the outlet inside my boilers flu via a y piece if I can get one. I’m gonna put a punch bag up in the garage so neighbours think I’m training every day lol. Also going to put the stuff that’s in the garage in front of the grow so it can’t be seen from outside when opening the door.

1. Will the cupboard lined with sound foam hide the noise of the fans?
2. Will people in my garden and neighbours be able to smell the grow if the outlet is going through the boilers flu?
3. Will the grow room be detectable by thermal imaging? ( not sure if they use it here but not taking any chances)
4. Should I use insulated ducting?

Any advice on what size filter to get would be great and reassurance that the smell won’t be a problem would be great as I am quite concerned about this as my neighbours are pretty close via gardens being the summer now an all, and my family will be here quite a bit this summer.
Take care all.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll72/notknown08/PLAN.jpg

stanley
08-05-08, 12:08 PM
forgot to say there are more garages there than mine so other people will be about.

LostRoss
08-05-08, 08:10 PM
Umm, just to check, is this boiler still functional/used? If so be sure to put some kind of non-return valve or something to stop fumes entering your grow room, appart from that looks good.

Dave
08-05-08, 08:11 PM
I think you've got some good answers to this in the other thread you put up :)

stanley
08-05-08, 09:31 PM
Umm, just to check, is this boiler still functional/used? If so be sure to put some kind of non-return valve or something to stop fumes entering your grow room, appart from that looks good.

Thanks.

Yeah the boiler is still working, i have decided to use on of these.

http://www.hotline-chimneys.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=10

As the ventilation will be running 24-7 and boiler flu are mainly for rising heat I think this will work out fine I will test it first of course. If a little dose get would that act as carbon dioxide for the plants or kill them lol.

stanley
08-05-08, 09:33 PM
I think you've got some good answers to this in the other thread you put up :)

Thanks dave for the replies. i will put up a diary once things get going.

THC Shark
09-05-08, 01:12 AM
Don't worry mate, Carbon filters are hardcore, I have used the secong smallest one from GreensHorticulture and it worked beautifully for 5 x 600w lights.

ElSmokeyLokey
22-05-08, 02:42 PM
what do you people believe is more efficient or effective for killing the odor molecules throughtout the air. - a can fan with carbon filter scrubber and all the goods, or - some kind of small ozone generator.

my other question is has anyone tried those co2 pucks that you can buy like a bucket of 50 and you just throw them in some water or something and they will raise your ppm a couple hundy 100

hobo
22-05-08, 04:21 PM
thing with ozone though is it kills everything - you included if get plenty of it

organix
22-05-08, 04:31 PM
Yes ozone must be ducted to a non-living area unless your commercial grower I wouldn't bother.

ElSmokeyLokey
24-05-08, 09:51 AM
is that right because iv read several us posts none uk , that you can use ozone generators in a small grow room as long as you use it in moderation

ElSmokeyLokey
25-05-08, 12:29 PM
yall even give a fuck either do i cuz i do i want im wayne brady bitchass's

ellomate
25-05-08, 02:55 PM

:jawdrop: :wtf:

CheeseGreen
25-05-08, 04:01 PM

Using words that structure together to form a coherent sentence is usually the best way to communicate something you are trying to say.

Seen this joker around loads. What's your beef?