PDA

View Full Version : The Roller's Guide ?!

Butterfly
12-05-08, 03:24 PM
Hey all!

a few forums are talking about a DVD called 'the roller's guide' that's getting suburban types wound up, has anybody seen it or know where I can get a copy?

B xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSxMurGH_WI

Butterfly
12-05-08, 03:43 PM
ARTIST'S 'JOINT-ROLLING' FILM SPARKS ROW

08:00 - 09 May 2008

A DVD that shows people rolling cannabis joints has been criticised by parents.

But the Lincoln man who created it - who claims he does not touch the drug - says it is a piece of artwork which he hopes will trigger debate.

Freelance graphic designer Finn Langley (26) said the work - entitled The Rollers' Guide - Tobacconist Origami - was a collaboration between himself and other local artists and musicians.

"It demonstrates joint-rolling techniques mixed with psychedelic sci-fi visuals and off-the-wall music," he said.

"And thanks to the subtitle, Tobacconist Origami, it has avoided any legal ramifications connecting it to cannabis or drug consumption."

Despite its subject matter, the British Board of Film Classification has given the film an E certificate, putting it into the entertainment/hobby category.

This means anyone of any age can buy it.

On Tuesday, the Government announced plans to reclassify cannabis from a class C to a class B drug.

But Mr Langley said the work was in no way intended to promote cannabis use.

"I smoked cannabis as a student and it wasn't for me at all but that's not the point," he said.

"This is a piece of art, like something in the Usher Gallery."

But mum-of-two Tracy Spencer (42), of Nettleham Road, Lincoln, said she was not happy about the DVD being on general release.

"I'm not happy about my 12-year-old son being able to buy this in a shop," she said.

"If it is art, put it in a gallery.

"I believe this is more of a money-making exercise."

Cha-Cha Chong
12-05-08, 04:08 PM
Sorry I can't help you with the film, but welcome to THC butterfly :)

Bitterfly
13-05-08, 12:28 AM
yo butterfly, you can be my nice alter ego if you want :D

CheeseGreen
13-05-08, 09:28 AM
yo butterfly, you can be my nice alter ego if you want :D

I was really confused for ages when i saw someone called Butterfly. Now there are 2 BF's =/ what are we going to do?

Welcome to the forum BF2 :)

THC Angel
13-05-08, 10:18 AM
Welcome to THCtalk Butterfly :leaf:

bubbs
13-05-08, 10:33 AM
I was really confused for ages when i saw someone called Butterfly. Now there are 2 BF's =/ what are we going to do?

Welcome to the forum BF2 :)

its gotta be bitts and butts ;) welcome to the forum flutterby :D

Ragman
13-05-08, 04:37 PM
Hi Butterfly, Welcome to THCtalk

Dave
13-05-08, 09:58 PM
an' a kind welcome to you from me :cowboy:

V4L3R4
21-05-08, 06:31 PM
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I have promises to keep. Miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me, Butterfly? Miles to go, before you sleep"
lol, Death Proof