PDA

View Full Version : Hay fever like symptoms

Fruit man
16-10-10, 12:51 PM
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone gets hay fever like symptoms while smoking bud? Ie runny nose, blocked nose, eyes ichy and streaming ect.

Cheers FM

Cones247
16-10-10, 01:03 PM
sounds like you got a weed allergy!
similarily whenever i have a few beers now i get a runny nose, almost like having a cold. It disappears after an hour or so. It appears i've developed an alcohol allergy.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
How long do your symptoms last?

Fruit man
16-10-10, 01:32 PM
They can last a good few hrs. But then I don't always get these symptoms. It's strange as I have smoked weed for years now and it only really started last year.

Cheers FM

LUDACRIS
16-10-10, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone gets hay fever like symptoms while smoking bud? Ie runny nose, blocked nose, eyes ichy and streaming ect.

Cheers FM

Yes i know some people who do and its a weed/grass allergy (quite common) and can bring people out with a skin rash and pollen/hayfever symptoms.
My lady suffers from it when i grow and she does not smoke or visit my grow room either.

LUDA.

BigJimmy
17-10-10, 12:40 AM
I've been getting this for about 2 months now, but just kinda ignored it as I do suffer from hayfever and thought it might just be that. I don't give a fuck tbh, antihistamines are cheap enough......someone pass the bong :)

Jimmy

cough
17-10-10, 12:49 AM
Yep i've had those symptoms,loads of sneezing, blocked up nose at night drives me mad,been on the vicks everynight

Been smoking weed a good few years and this is a recent thing,i don't have hayfever so weed allergy it is then,so be it.

Up_in_smoke
17-10-10, 01:01 AM
Happens to me. Always been quite bad with hayfever and similar allergies.
Sometime my plants make me itch. Sometimes they make me sneeze. Smoking sometimes yeah. Especially if I get it on my fingers and consequently then around and up my nose, gets me sneezing loads. The higher the bud, the more I sneeze.
Also harvest time is a fucking nightmare, as is making cannabutter. I get really bad at those times. But I love the stuff so will continue to suffer, lol

dazed-n-confuzed
17-10-10, 11:18 AM
All sarcasm aside, my heart bleeds for all of you who suffer this. I get the common hayfever (around May) and it fucking sucks. I couldn't imagine life where a doobie would fuck me up like that. Tough luck bro's

LUDACRIS
17-10-10, 11:22 AM
All sarcasm aside, my heart bleeds for all of you who suffer this. I get the common hayfever (around May) and it fucking sucks. I couldn't imagine life where a doobie would fuck me up like that. Tough luck bro's

It affects my girlfriend who does not even smoke. Just having green in the house or smoking it gives her major hayfever and sometimes she comes out with skin rashes. When i first discovered this information she told me to stop growing but you can guess my reaction and what i did after it was brought to our attention.

(FUCK ALL).

ROFLMFAO.

LUDA.

Fruit man
17-10-10, 12:20 PM
Yeah this sucks. Antihistamines don't work for me at all.

LUDACRIS
17-10-10, 12:27 PM

One of my mates gets it real bad. After a few puffs of a joint of green his eyes go really red and itch and he wont go near it now but thats good for me as i can smoke the whole spliff and he cant be doing with it.
Its really funny after he has a few puffs (when he did) as his eyes looked like he has been smoking for a month solid (pure beetroot) and looks pure jail bait.
But its a terrible thing for users to have to put up with when they want a good joint. Luckily i have never had any pollen issues or hayfever in my life so its all good for me.

LUDA.

LUDACRIS
17-10-10, 12:28 PM

Maybe a vaporiser is something you could look at buying.

Fruit man
17-10-10, 04:34 PM
Maybe a vaporiser is something you could look at buying.

I have one on my Christmas wish list.

BigJimmy
17-10-10, 06:38 PM
If antihistamines aren't working (assuming you've tried more than one), then it's unlikely that it's an allergy.

Fruit man
17-10-10, 08:21 PM
I've only tried 1 nasal spray some pills and eye drops that the gp gave me. The eye drops take the icing away. But the rest is useless.