PDA

View Full Version : question

someone
18-10-10, 12:30 AM
my mate got busted they found just over a oz in one bag that he chucked out window. 2g in tin foil, about 2g in a tin, £50 cash, scales and 2 mobiles hes been bailed and theyve said he will be done with either possesion or intent to supply
he said in interview that its all for personal use

my question is that if the police check his phones and see loads of txts that suggest he was selling can they come to rearrest him or when he goes back for his bail can they?

flatlander
18-10-10, 01:33 AM
The fact that he has scales, separate amounts and 2 mobile phones gives them all the evidence they need I would say. Thats not percy its intent from what I have read on here and seen on tv. The 2g in tinfoil, what was it?? A bit of green for percy is ok but anything else will not get any sympathy on here I am afraid.

Mr_Bimble
18-10-10, 03:01 PM
They will check his phones and request text messages from phone company (they store them for over a year) so if they find any evidence of dealing he's fucked as they will charge him with the biggest charge they can make stick.

cash + scales + a decent amount of weed or baggies = dealer in the eyes of the law.

Icon
18-10-10, 03:15 PM
Not enough evidence to warrent taking it to court for such a trivial amount.
You should (sorry he) be able to explain away most of it and if they dint catch him dealing its still pretty much a waste of time in the eyes of the cps.
eg 2g in foil is for taking out when you go to pub, scales are to check your not getting ripped off.
£50 in cash is like the biggest proof that your not dealing sorry he again
texts are the only other thing that may cause an issue and that is an expensive process to pursue for an oz or so.

They may try an intent charge but i doubt it personally.
Just my thoughts and ive seen it so many times on the shows where they end up not pressing charges and you think htf did they get away with that!!!

Up_in_smoke
18-10-10, 03:35 PM
Not enough evidence to warrent taking it to court for such a trivial amount.
You should (sorry he) be able to explain away most of it and if they dint catch him dealing its still pretty much a waste of time in the eyes of the cps.
eg 2g in foil is for taking out when you go to pub, scales are to check your not getting ripped off.
£50 in cash is like the biggest proof that your not dealing sorry he again
texts are the only other thing that may cause an issue and that is an expensive process to pursue for an oz or so.

They may try an intent charge but i doubt it personally.
Just my thoughts and ive seen it so many times on the shows where they end up not pressing charges and you think htf did they get away with that!!!

Completely agree.
As said. Cash? What £50. Thats not cash! £5000 now thats cash, even £500. But £50 is nothing, its his leftover money from his Giro or just money to go down the pub with. He owes a few rounds and so is taking a bit out for the night.

Road_Runner
22-10-10, 03:56 PM
Yep, there's not a chance in hell they'd get phone records checked for such a small bust - esp in light of the budget cuts!

They'll check his phones for obvious evidence - sent, inbox, and keep them on until the battery dies in case any more come through that might suggest one thing or the other - even then, ask them to prove that those texts were directly linked to an actual event where drugs were passed from one to another, they can't.

If he's stated all personal in the interview and hasn't incriminated himself, they need to prove he, at at least one point in time, as passed some of that weed to someone else - without a confession, witness or other hard evidence there is no case and won't be put through by CPS

In 9/10 cases like this, it goes for intent because the defendent has landed themselves in it under questioning. If he's been able to explain away the scales and smaller wraps, tell them no more than it's personal for personal use and they can't prove dick.

Road_Runner
22-10-10, 04:02 PM
Oh, and he's been bailed whilst they consider the evidence and decide what to charge for

He'll find out when he goes back... my bet they'll offer a caution for possesion