PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth 'likely to close down'

Manny
22-10-10, 06:51 PM
Portsmouth say they are likely to fold as they are unable to continue trading after talks with former owner and key creditor Sacha Gaydamak broke down.

The club claim that Gaydamak demanded an upfront cash payment to facilate a possible deal to go through and allow them to exit administration.

"It appears likely that the club will now be closed down and liquidated by the administrators," said Pompey.

Earlier in October the club's latest plan to exit administration was vetoed.

Pity it wasn't Man Utd:thefinger:

cough
22-10-10, 06:55 PM
Hope it don't happen for the fans sake!!

Goodbuddy
22-10-10, 09:08 PM
Having lived and worked in Pompey, I'd have to say 'f**k the fans, total rough ole, full of nasty c**ts, farton park will be better off flattened :)

bergkamp
23-10-10, 11:16 AM
having been in the navy , i know portsmouth well and it is a horrible hole of a place . but i would never wish a club to go out of business
football is fucked up .

Icon
23-10-10, 12:02 PM
Portsmouth, is just another football club that rode the bubble and now its burst.
They have a had a great time over the last ten years fighting way above there weight.
No doubt the club will be resurrected in some form if the inevitable happens, hopefully by the fans.

bergkamp
23-10-10, 12:16 PM
its not just another football club to the people that support them. not to the proper fans who actually go to the games - its their life , its what they do every weekend for 9 months of the year.

its the curse of harry redknapp - west ham , bournmouth , southampton ,portsmouth all fucked for money - spurs will be next

Icon
23-10-10, 12:56 PM
I know that mate i never said it wasnt i certainly meant no disrespect by it. I think I know that better then most being a Leeds Fan.
It was meant to be a reminder of the good times they have had which the fans should always remember and hopefully they as fans can take the future of Portsmouth FC forward.
All the best
Icon

Goodbuddy
23-10-10, 02:29 PM
its the curse of harry redknapp - west ham , bournmouth , southampton ,portsmouth all fucked for money - spurs will be next

Not just me who has raised eyebrows towards the Southcoast Football Mafia, you can add Mr Veneriables into that as well,

Icon fella, as a Leeds supporter myself I know where you are coming from :pimped:

greenfingers 79
23-10-10, 02:40 PM
BYE BYE POMPEY, POMPEY BYE BYE, LMAO DIRTY SKATE BASTERDS,

" when i was just a little boy, i asked my mother what should i be?"
"should i be pompey? should i be saints? heres what she said to me
" wash your mouth out son, go get your fathers gun kill all the pompey scum and support the saints"!!!!!

BYE BYE POMPEY, POMPEY BYE BYE.

6 fingered webbed toed inbreds!

Goodbuddy
23-10-10, 02:58 PM
"Pay up Pompey, Pompey Pay Up" pmsl :)

Manny
23-10-10, 06:31 PM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Portsmouth-Football-Club-Future-Of-Championship-Side-Could-Be-Assured-Soon/Article/201010415770304?lpos=UK_News_First_UK_News_Article _Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15770304_Portsmouth_Football_Club%3A_F uture_Of_Championship_Side_Could_Be_Assured_Soon

Tomek
13-12-10, 08:20 PM
I like portsmouth hopefuly they not get relegated :)