PDA

View Full Version : hi and i got a question

Dr Tokes
17-05-08, 11:58 AM
hello to all
i need help please
can anyone help me find some information on how to stay undeteced by flir camera's.
iv seen they got some type of stuff now with some kind of metal inbeded in the material and you can wrap your growroom in, is this true? (cant remember the name of the stuff)..
any help or info on this would be of great benfit to myslelf..

Many thanks
Dr.Tokes

CheeseGreen
17-05-08, 12:01 PM
Wouldn't that make your grow room incredibly hot?

But sorry mate i dunno what you're talking about. Welcome to the forum.

Dr Tokes
17-05-08, 12:08 PM
Wouldn't that make your grow room incredibly hot?

But sorry mate i dunno what you're talking about. Welcome to the forum.

it would but isnt that why we so exhuste all hot air out of the grow room.. thanks for the welcome :)

Iv seen the stuff but just wanted more info on it before i paid the extra pounds..

is comes like mylar but not refelctive and a little thicker, they had it in a grow shop i visted a few weeks bac

CheeseGreen
17-05-08, 12:11 PM
it would but isnt that why we so exhuste all hot air out of the grow room.. thanks for the welcome :)

Iv seen the stuff but just wanted more info on it before i paid the extra pounds..

is comes like mylar but not refelctive and a little thicker, they had it in a grow shop i visted a few weeks bac

I suppose it depends how well you're grow is ventilated. But where are you ventilating it? Because the heat cameras will stick pick that up once it's outside of you're grow room and you can't insulate that...

Just a thought. I dunno what your setup is like or anything.

EDIT: It is heat cameras you're trying to avoid isn't it? How does metal embeded in material stop heat transfer?

Dr Tokes
17-05-08, 12:19 PM
I suppose it depends how well you're grow is ventilated. But where are you ventilating it? Because the heat cameras will stick pick that up once it's outside of you're grow room and you can't insulate that...

Just a thought. I dunno what your setup is like or anything.

EDIT: It is heat cameras you're trying to avoid isn't it? How does metal embeded in material stop heat transfer?

lol we now thinking the same things.. how does this stuff stop it?..

yes its the cameras im tying to avoid, live so close to a airfield....

CheeseGreen
17-05-08, 12:28 PM
lol we now thinking the same things.. how does this stuff stop it?..

yes its the cameras im tying to avoid, live so close to a airfield....

Hmmm. Well now you have me stumped. It must be some weird ass metal. As far as i know one of the properties of all metals is poor insulation... Can't think of the proper word my head is so full of random shit at the minute.

Good luck on finding it. How big are your lights? You could always set up some sort of ventilation into the sewer under your house. You'd be sorting out the smell and heat in 1 shot.

Dr Tokes
17-05-08, 12:35 PM
i just phoned the hydro shop and asked what its was called
they said it was called
ADF - Anti Detection Foil.....

anyone heard this or used it..

Sewer idea is a great one cheeseGreen im likeing it....
i use 3 x 600's mate

CheeseGreen
17-05-08, 12:42 PM
i just phoned the hydro shop and asked what its was called
they said it was called
ADF - Anti Detection Foil.....

anyone heard this or used it..

Sewer idea is a great one cheeseGreen im likeing it....
i use 3 x 600's mate

I found this http://www.exceldistributors.com.au/Text/1130904679762-7125/C3-Anti-Detection

Makes sence now. I think for 3 600w lights it would be worth getting some white plastic ventilation tubing and feeding it into the sewer somewhere. I've read a lot about it and it seems like the perfect solution. Never done it myself though.

While you're down there just plug youself into the mains as well and you get free electricity :D:D lol

Dr Tokes
18-05-08, 02:17 PM
Thank you Cheese im looking into that one....
Many thanks for link....

Bitterfly
18-05-08, 09:41 PM
welcome to the boards mate!:oldman:

mr green
19-05-08, 08:22 PM
the product you are refering to is heat camera proof mylar developed in holland it reflects the heat signature form your bulbs not the room, can order this from the neth or get it in uk if you shop about,also if you set the photo period in flower to begin say 430 am your lights will go out at 430 pm heat cameras are no use in direct sunlight,so in effect you are only in danger when in veg,hope this is of help hit me back if ya need any more info

CheeseGreen
21-05-08, 12:49 AM
the product you are refering to is heat camera proof mylar developed in holland it reflects the heat signature form your bulbs not the room, can order this from the neth or get it in uk if you shop about,also if you set the photo period in flower to begin say 430 am your lights will go out at 430 pm heat cameras are no use in direct sunlight,so in effect you are only in danger when in veg,hope this is of help hit me back if ya need any more info

Good knowledge.

Ragman
23-05-08, 04:12 PM
Hi Dr Tokes, welcome to thctalk

THC Angel
25-05-08, 12:26 AM
Welcome to THCtalk mate ;)

weed heed
25-05-08, 12:36 AM
hi and welcome to the forum dr tokes,ive recently bought some anti detection foil for my groroom i havne fitted it yet four weeks to go in a grow and i will have to take light down and muck about wi the room,it came in a four metre length by 1.4wide it cost me £25 it is supposed to work by somehow dissipating the heat have a search on flea bay theve got it and theres a bit of info in the advert,all the best weed heed

bubbs
26-05-08, 01:16 PM
hiya welcome to THC mate

Dr Tokes
26-05-08, 04:18 PM

very helpful many thanks

also like to say thank you to all that have welcomed me and taking the time to reply and help... means alot guys :bong: