PDA

View Full Version : Why do you..

D
29-06-07, 10:53 AM
Smoke cannabis?

My reason:

From the age of 15 and upwards, I started to think a hell of a lot more, about why I'm here, what is life, am I actually real etc.
This really started to get to me, it affected my social life, it caused depression, decrease in self-confidence etc.
Then when I was at school with a friend, he offered me a joint.
I took it, sparked up (I already smoked then.) and took a drag.
15 minutes later I was as you say, caned. :D
My depression went, I felt more confident with myself and felt absolutely amazing.
Now, I still smoke weed and I can honestly say it's the best natural medicine I ever had.
I'm so much more sociable than I was 3 years ago, I think less about why I'm here, what the hell am I, etc.
Because now I think, I'm here for a reason, I wouldn't have been created for nothing.

Why do you smoke cannabis?

sweetsinner
29-06-07, 11:08 AM
Dru - I adore what you typed

Because now I think, I'm here for a reason, I wouldn't have been created for nothing.
and for reasons unknown to yourself it really struck a chord with me this morning, and i like it that much I am going to steal it and keep it in a magic quote jar if ok ;)

Why do I smoke?....

You ever had the worse toothache?, or any kind of pain that brings tears to your eyes without you even realising? I have that kind of pain penetrating through my legs and spine twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

And thats why I smoke

Before I waffle on, no violin playing though, I don't want pity, I think we all have different axes to bear in life, and chronic pain is mine..

That little bud wrapped in a skin is everything to me some days, it helps me move, it helps the muscles stop contracting with the pain, on the really bad days when I can't do much and I'm feeling sorry for myself (self pity is the worse thing isn't it?) I can have a joint and put all those
"If only.."
"What If.."
" I Wish.."
thoughts to the back of my head and be happy for what I have, not what I haven't..
Smoke is also a great motivator for me, as it helps my body move, I can then "over do it" quite happily.. until my body starts shouting at me more..

It also helps me avoid relying on morphine/tramadol/DF118's 24/7, as I much prefer being in a green bubble than feeling like a smack head on painkillers, as I can't function on those fully, where as smoke I can...

Green helps me sleep at night, when the sleeping tablets can't stop the pain from waking me up...

Until this post I hadn't realised just how much that magic green bud does for me...

D
29-06-07, 11:26 AM
Dru - I adore what you typed

and for reasons unknown to yourself it really struck a chord with me this morning, and i like it that much I am going to steal it and keep it in a magic quote jar if ok ;)

Aww thanks :)
Sure, keep it :)

Why do I smoke?....

You ever had the worse toothache?, or any kind of pain that brings tears to your eyes without you even realising? I have that kind of pain penetrating through my legs and spine twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.

And thats why I smoke

Before I waffle on, no violin playing though, I don't want pity, I think we all have different axes to bear in life, and chronic pain is mine..

That little bud wrapped in a skin is everything to me some days, it helps me move, it helps the muscles stop contracting with the pain, on the really bad days when I can't do much and I'm feeling sorry for myself (self pity is the worse thing isn't it?) I can have a joint and put all those
"If only.."
"What If.."
" I Wish.."
thoughts to the back of my head and be happy for what I have, not what I haven't..
Smoke is also a great motivator for me, as it helps my body move, I can then "over do it" quite happily.. until my body starts shouting at me more..

It also helps me avoid relying on morphine/tramadol/DF118's 24/7, as I much prefer being in a green bubble than feeling like a smack head on painkillers, as I can't function on those fully, where as smoke I can...

Green helps me sleep at night, when the sleeping tablets can't stop the pain from waking me up...

Until this post I hadn't realised just how much that magic green bud does for me...
It's done a lot for everyone.
It helps me sleep too, have really bad dreams sometimes.
I think I'm going to start contemplating marijuana a lot more from now on.

lkdj2003
29-06-07, 12:12 PM
Great post Dru, :)

I started smoking bud for fun with mate's 16 years ago. Then in the years to follow i was bang on class A's for 4 years solid and when the time came i had to get off them or die, i turned to weed even more than before. If it wasn't for weed i don't think i would of made it back to where i am today. Weed helps me sleep,eat,think and with life in generally.

Before i was a fulltime toker i used to drink and fight alot at football matchs and such. I soon relised after loads of shyt with the police that that was not the life for me. :(

I feel i owe so much to weed, that is why i love helping people growing it and one of the reasons why this forum is up and running. :bigjoint:

Thank you Mary jane. :leaf:

Mum
29-06-07, 01:35 PM
I've been smoking weed since I was 13, why?
I love the natural high it gives you, I love the look, the taste, the smell...
I can't fault weed, bar it making me fucking edgy and depressed for about a week when I take a break every now and again.

blurry-vision
29-06-07, 03:11 PM
Been toking for many years now and it is always the same excellent feeling, love it with music, any DJ will tell you Ganja + Technics = Fun so I defo can't/won't stop lol !! But I hardly drink anymore so I see it as OK to toke up daily, also now starting to grow so if anything I will be increasing my Ganja use, all for less money, Happy days...:barmy:

RealDrumandBass
29-06-07, 03:24 PM
I fucking love weed!
Even when class a's have bite back weed is there for you:)

TheHappyCamper
29-06-07, 06:14 PM
Hmm, a few reasons I spose. The odd thing is that since I started I actually feel less confident in myself (only slightly though).

Reasons:
-Being high feels great
-It's something to look forward to after a hard day
-helps me relax
-I find it to be a very social thing. I've made lots of new friends as a direct result of being 'a stoner'.
-it's something to do when i'm bored. :)

I haven't been smoking long at all really. I started at 17 (maybe I started late was because I don't smoke so didn't hang around with 'that crowd'.

Weed is one of the few illegals that i'm willing to try.

EDIT: plus I love all of the revelations I have while stoned. You know what I mean, where you look at a certain topic from a different angle and see a whole new side of it.

Grape101
29-06-07, 06:18 PM
I smoke cannabis simply because I enjoy it.

lala124
29-06-07, 06:20 PM
I started smoking to help kill off my depression. It worked, Id get really depressed, then take a hit and bam, back to happy.

Now I do it out of hobby. Also do it if I have a bad day, something bad happens. Really helps take the edge off of things. Takes my pain away.

Lala

Master Poet
29-06-07, 08:12 PM
I think this is a very cool thread and helps me understand the many reasons people from all walks of life like to smoke weed.

Personally I had my first hit aged 16 with a friend and his older brother, and it went from there. Mostly from then on it was resin, not the shit soap, but nice soft black, and sometimes red leb or Moroccan. Then like you LK, I too hit the "A's" for a while. Once off them I didn't go near anything for quite a while. If there was a J being passed about at a party I would have a Toke, but didn't start buying it for myself until I was about 32 and then only now and again when friends were over. I have been a daily toker now for the last 9 years due to the pain and muscle spasms I get in my back (I have scoliosis, curvature of the spine, and degenerating vertebrate just below my neck) leading to pain and numbness I'm my arms and hands. Smoking stops all the muscle spasms therefore stopping the nerves getting swollen and trapped and leaving me to lead as near normal life as I can. If I don't have weed for a while the pain gets so bad that I have to take the medication from the doc and then I'm laid up in bed. Like you also sweetie, I hate the drugs the doc gives me ( Tramadol, Diazipan, Dihydracodene and when really bad, morphine, the list goes on) They make me feel like shit and I just cannot function.

So that peeps, is why I smoke and sorry if I rambled:bigjoint: :D :stoned-smilie:

Edit: Plus........I LIKE SMOKING WEED! STONERS ARE GREAT PEOPLE:headbang:

sweetsinner
29-06-07, 08:36 PM
:hijacked_thread:
Poet can I just ask, you know with the numbness of the hands and arms, do you struggle rolling a joint?
Lately I have been having to use a rolling mat as i just can't feel the skins anymore and i feel a fool, although it hasn't affected my wonderful cones :D

Back to thread:
I think its fantastic that we all have found the path to smoke in different ways, for a variety of reasons and have all ended up on here to chat away in our own individual green bubble to one another...

Aww I'm feeling all mushy inside now.. i want to hug everyone and squeeze bottoms!

And if your wondering..

Yes I'm Stoned and want a cuddle!

sweetsinner
29-06-07, 08:39 PM
Edit: Plus........I LIKE SMOKING WEED! STONERS ARE GREAT PEOPLE:headbang:

Poet, i forgot to say in my loved up stoned state that everything you typed I can relate too..

Oh, and i didn't mention this in my original post, but even if i didn't need the smoke to help the pain, i would still smoke green...
just maybe not as much ;)

RealDrumandBass
29-06-07, 08:42 PM
Green has also helped me through some tough times,helps clear your mind and makes it easier to think normally.

On another note,got on the K today.
Not sure if i will do it again as it scared me quite a bit,had the old space man walk going :cool:

I sitting back having my last jay before the mission to fabric,me thinks i may be on the mad dog tonight!!

D
29-06-07, 08:50 PM
Back to thread:
I think its fantastic that we all have found the path to smoke in different ways, for a variety of reasons and have all ended up on here to chat away in our own individual green bubble to one another...

Aww I'm feeling all mushy inside now.. i want to hug everyone and squeeze bottoms!

And if your wondering..

That's another thing, weed brings people together!
Such a wonderful plant.

/hug!

Master Poet
29-06-07, 08:50 PM
:hijacked_thread:
Poet can I just ask, you know with the numbness of the hands and arms, do you struggle rolling a joint?
Lately I have been having to use a rolling mat as i just can't feel the skins anymore and i feel a fool, although it hasn't affected my wonderful cones :D

And if your wondering..

*HUGS Sweetie*

I use a rolling mat too sweetie, all the time, so don't feel bad about it. I even use it in the Dam.:D

And if I can spank, I mean squeeze yours, you can squeeze mine.:satan:

sweetsinner
29-06-07, 08:57 PM
*HUUUUGGGSS Dru & Poet*

Oh... people don't normally ask, how polite of you Poet, squeeze away ;) lol

Yes, the past 4 months the rolling mat has been my Saviour!

Master Poet
29-06-07, 09:03 PM
*HUUUUGGGSS Dru & Poet*

Oh... people don't normally ask, how polite of you Poet, squeeze away ;) lol

Yes, the past 4 months the rolling mat has been my Saviour!

Always the Gentleman my dear lady. :tiphat:

Riff Raff
30-06-07, 03:50 AM
The 1st time i smoked i new immediately that this was for me.
I just love the feeling that washes over you after that 1st doob, nothing else like it for me.

A lot of folk i grew up smoking with have since given up and got on with there lives, i've carried on smokin and gotten on with my life.Don't think i'm ever goin to stop.

Would like to say i do it in moderation now, but if i get my hands on weed i'll still cane it as much as i did when i was younger. Don't stop till it's gone, which is why my harvest from last year ran out in march and i ain't got anymore till my new plants are ready, 6 weeks to go. Can't wait

Don't drink anymore, haven't done so since my 1st kid was born.
Do mushies now and again.