PDA

View Full Version : growroom advice please!

sticky_fingers
23-05-08, 09:21 PM
Hello People!

Looking for some tips/advice even just a little nudge in the correct direction. Basically Ive been try to be self suffient for 4 years now & still cant quite get to grips with it,Im growing percy for me and the wife and yields important,getting annoyed at times when Ive run out and have to rely on street weed (rank) Sounds like a moan eh lol Its not that I cant grow,Ive managed some lovely buds in the past Im just not consistant if you know what I meen? Anyway heres some facts on what Ive got:

Room size = 6ftx6ftx7ft 36square feet floor space!

Intake is active through a window via a 6 inch ruck fan.

Extractions 10inch with 10inch carbon filter vented to the loft.

Lights 2x600 hps 1x400hps 1x200 enviro (seedlings and clones)

Both fans are controlled with a primair fan controller with the probe set at 28c in a shaded area of the room. Theres also a oscalating fan in there. Temps are fine and humidity is around 50/60 in veg..

At the moment Ive got 7x dutch passion mazar at 9 weeks from seed and standing around 23inches tall..theses are sat under a 600hps on 18/6. Ive also took 35 clones 2 days ago they are fine in the prop...

Ive been using allmix as a medium for a while now along with biobizz grow and bloom,also have fishmix incase of signs of hunger during veg (try not to open it too often tho..its awfull ! Ive been using rooted clones from the prop they go into 4inch square pots for a week to 10 days then into their final 6.5 litres pots left till roots show at the base then left some more to fill out the pot usually taking around 3 weeks then flipped to flower and If im lucky Ill get an oz perplant mostley just below that tho..so thats about it folks,abit of a rabble I know,hoping for some advice to improve with what ive got instead of shelling out more cash on damp under weight rank street weed. Thanks for reading!

Sticky!

Nephilim
23-05-08, 09:40 PM
Bigger pots! 12litre. you got the room! lol

Dave
24-05-08, 06:46 PM
Just another to say bigger pots. That's the only weak link.. And maybe it being 28c in the shade. I'd want it a bit cooler, as the plants thrive best at around 26ish celcius in direct light.
You've got a very bloody nice setup from what you say, just need bigger pots (the bigger the better, go as big as you can afford/fit!) and you'll fly past the oz a plant mark with ease.. If you don't then you're growing males or something lol.

sticky_fingers
24-05-08, 08:53 PM
Thanks Folks in your time in replying.

Bigger Pots eh! To be honest this is where I was thinking I could be going wrong,so back to the drawing board then,well actually Ive got 7 mazar at 9 weeks old from seed and have been potted up four times so far,they last got potted up around 9 days ago into 10 litre pots,thinking about one more pot up (16ltr) and see the difference in a few bigger plants with more veg time rather than lots more and less veg time.

So people do let me know how long do you veg for and what size is your final pots with what results from seed & clone be interested to see your results.

I used to grow nft and the veg time was much quicker than in compost and I think I just might have been expecting things to quick if you know what I meen..

Anyway thanks again for your input its very much appreciated.

Sticky.