PDA

View Full Version : Herborizer - the greatest vaporiser ever

Eggbox
24-11-10, 09:40 PM
That's right folks, I've got myself a new toy :smokie:

And damn it's a beauty. I know most of you don't like to read too much so don't worry, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking but I just wanted to share this with you all. People are buying Volcanos and Vapirs for silly prices when for the same amount they could be getting something that in my opinion, does the job a whole lot better. But then I just like bongs :bong:

The Herborizer XL Tube is a stemless wonder made from 5ml thick glass, so you could put up Ikea furniture with it if you had to and it'd still be in once piece. As well as being beautifully simple it's also a bit of a badboy - coming in at around 45cm tall it can take a fair amount to clear it - but thankfully that's not a worry as there's no stale smoke here, just the cleanest, purest vapour going :pimped: With the added temperature control you have complete flexibility over the thickness of vapour, and how much you want. Letting you leave plenty for your AVB pile and runs of butter later :laugh:

I've been caning this all day long now and have completely fallen in love. Once I've managed to get the funds together for a more portable vaporiser, I'm going to completely quit smoking and just use these as it really is a pleasure to smoke vapour, and the taste is unreal.

Anyway, enough of my spiel, here's some pics:

The whole tube(or most of it anyway)
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01121.jpg

It's a stemless - which adds to the already ace design
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01132.jpg

This is where you put your 'erbs
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01142.jpg

And this is the injector that heats them up
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01152.jpg

Here's a shot of the bottom of the injector
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01161.jpg

And the control unit(a nice new scaled down model)
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01182.jpg

Side by side with my Bio'(which has had all it's ashcatchers removed for it's 18.8 downpipe)
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01192.jpg

And just for the banter, a shot of it on the bio(extra laid back)
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01212.jpg

Check out Herborizer.com for pictures of the Sphere model(isn't as cool as the tube if you ask me!) and some of their amazing custom models. As well as some cool pictures from various events they've been to, and some great shots of them blowing the glassware for them too! I'd like to thank Sebastien, the main man behind the Herborizer for his spot on idea(even if it's pinched from the Verdamper, it's 10x better for this purpose) and sorting me out with one.

I hope you all enjoy it, and I hope to see a few more Herboheads around here in the near future! It really is the best way I've found to get the maximum flavour, stone and pleasure from your buds :leaf:

Eggbox

marmalade dreams
24-11-10, 10:00 PM
Sounds like you're a happy bunny, Egg. :D Have to say it does look like a very nifty bit of kit!

Enjoy yourself! :bong:

Up_in_smoke
24-11-10, 10:06 PM
You always get the best kit dude. And heres me stuck with joints, a cheapy £5 market grinder and a shit bong that just canes my throat and lungs.
You lucky beggar you

Beatnik
24-11-10, 10:17 PM
how much was it mate? and u smoke it pure yeah no baccy?

skunkman
24-11-10, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=Beatnik;1068596127]how much was it mate? and u smoke it pure yeah no baccy?[/

i just had a look at the site...they are a fat bit of kit but not in my price range...starting at £150 goin up to £500...if i bought one of them id have to go without seeds for a year! ;)

Beatnik
24-11-10, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=Beatnik;1068596127]how much was it mate? and u smoke it pure yeah no baccy?[/

i just had a look at the site...they are a fat bit of kit but not in my price range...starting at £150 goin up to £500...if i bought one of them id have to go without seeds for a year! ;)

fuckin hell better go check the lottery ticket.........shit didnt buy 1, fuckin hell better go BUY a lottery ticket

jobby2812
25-11-10, 01:03 AM
One flaw I can see in that. Or rather it's more what I can't see in it. Where's the green. Come one you can't show something like that without giving step by step pics lol. Very nice indeed Eggbox you lucky f**ker.

28grams
25-11-10, 02:09 AM
Looks like a serious piece of kit there eggbox thats totaly taking vaping out of the box to be fecking honnest.

Naxx
25-11-10, 02:11 AM
Thats awesome egg, how does it taste when you vape it in your perc bong?

got a weedstar and would love to get one of these for it!

Roid-smoker
25-11-10, 10:36 AM
Eggbox: I need your help mate! I tried ordering one a couple of days ago. But im not able to go to the "counter." After putting it in my "shopping cart" i cant seem to get the whole order checked out...

How did you do this?

Eggbox
25-11-10, 10:40 AM
Sounds like you're a happy bunny, Egg. :D Have to say it does look like a very nifty bit of kit!

Enjoy yourself! :bong:

An extremely happy bunny - I've got a tickly cough that's been annoying me the past few days and I can feel it disappearing already :smokie:

You always get the best kit dude. And heres me stuck with joints, a cheapy £5 market grinder and a shit bong that just canes my throat and lungs.
You lucky beggar you

Things like this mean I'm generally skint the rest of the time :laugh: It'll be pasta'n'cheese for tea for the next few months I think! lol

how much was it mate? and u smoke it pure yeah no baccy?

Not sure exactly how much this one goes for but it's on the site :) And yeah I think I'd have to shoot anyone that put baccy anywhere near one of my bongs.. It's just not happening!

One flaw I can see in that. Or rather it's more what I can't see in it. Where's the green. Come one you can't show something like that without giving step by step pics lol. Very nice indeed Eggbox you lucky f**ker.

This is very true, I tried to get a few action shots and video, but I was so caned yesterday I just ended up taking blurry pictures of my feet while I was trying to hold the bong, etc. When my glamourous assistant gets back from work or a mate pops round I'll try and get a few shots of it in use. The video I took looked like someone on acid trying to light a bong without a lighter, then blowing out a big lungfull of air(though really it was super smooooth vapour) lol

Looks like a serious piece of kit there eggbox thats totaly taking vaping out of the box to be fecking honnest.

Yep, it redefines how vaporising should be IMO

Thats awesome egg, how does it taste when you vape it in your perc bong?

got a weedstar and would love to get one of these for it!

Good to see you back about man!! The taste is like nothing i've ever had before. I believe that's down to the fact it's got an all glass smoke path, and gets filtered once on the big tube, and twice on my bio so the vapour compared to something like a Volcano is just mindblowingly tasty. I've owned and tried a few vaporisers in my time but this is definitely something different. The adjustable temp setting also means you can have just a light vap' if you're trying to be conservative or cane it if you're running out of buds. It would go down very nicely on your Weed* for sure :bong:

I'm glad I'm not just delusional and you all think it's as cool as I do :D I'll get some action shots asap - but with the way today's going I dunno when that'll be! haha

Eggbox
25-11-10, 10:43 AM
Eggbox: I need your help mate! I tried ordering one a couple of days ago. But im not able to go to the "counter." After putting it in my "shopping cart" i cant seem to get the whole order checked out...

How did you do this?

Ahh yes, the one thing I didn't mention is that it's a French piece of work, so I had to try and remember the extent of my high-school French to finish the order. Though I cheated and used Google Chrome's translate feature for most of it :laugh: The English site's good but has quite a few mistranslated bits. I think I lost my cart for a while but there was a link in the lower left corner that says "View card" or something silly, and this one's the one that takes you to your carT :) Once you go through the cart process it's mostly in French and can get a bit confusing at times(also their shop cart shows some tax we don't have to pay if we're from the UK I think) but I dunno as my order was a bit.. different :smokie: but you should be able to get through it.

If not, just email Sebastien. He's a top-notch bloke and is great at getting back to emails nice and snappy. He should be able to put the order through for ya some other way if need be

Naxx
25-11-10, 05:19 PM
Good to see you back about man!! The taste is like nothing i've ever had before. I believe that's down to the fact it's got an all glass smoke path, and gets filtered once on the big tube, and twice on my bio so the vapour compared to something like a Volcano is just mindblowingly tasty. I've owned and tried a few vaporisers in my time but this is definitely something different. The adjustable temp setting also means you can have just a light vap' if you're trying to be conservative or cane it if you're running out of buds. It would go down very nicely on your Weed* for sure :bong:

I'm glad I'm not just delusional and you all think it's as cool as I do :D I'll get some action shots asap - but with the way today's going I dunno when that'll be! haha

Thanks man, its good to be back! i felt like something was missing :( haha action shots would be great! maybe a cheeky vid? :)

Naxx

Quang
25-11-10, 05:36 PM
Ver nice Eggbox , damn another thing to write to Santa about :xmas:
Dear Santa i have been very verry good .....
Enjoy you lucky thng you :bong:

Eggbox
25-11-10, 06:16 PM
Okay here's a couple of shots taken right after my last posts in this thread. I'd call that an action shot for sure :laugh: but as for a video, you'll need to wait just now! I will get one soon though :bong: The herb in there is a bit of Lemon Pheno Hawaiian Webbed Indica, and it's an absolutely amazing lemony sativa, with super cool webbed leaves. Took near on 16 weeks flower but with this to enjoy it in it's totally worth it. The taste is superb

A wee bowlfull:
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01221.jpg

The bowl with injector back on top:
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01241.jpg

Milkkk:
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01261.jpg

And slightly cleared(think this was just on a different setting actually):
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMAG01272.jpg

It's bad.. I'm using less herb than I normally would in a bong bowl but I'm smoking it about twice as much, because it's far too enjoyable :smokie:

jobby2812
25-11-10, 06:38 PM
That's more like it. Pics with weed in it.

humblepie
25-11-10, 11:28 PM
come lets see some videos then egg!
so can you buy just the actual "vape" part sepratly and use it on any 18.8 bong?

Eggbox
26-11-10, 12:25 AM
Okayokayokay I'll try to get a vid up tomorrow(try..) :p

I think you can, yeah. Check it out for yourself :) You can also get bowls that reduce to a 14.5 so you could use it on a smaller piece too. I was tempted to ask for one of them as well but didn't think I really needed it.. It'd just mean I'd be able to use it with my ash catcher on the bio too, but with the perc you don't really need that.

After giving them both a vigorous testing today I love the Herborizer tube for it's really nice easy drag and perfect size, brilliant for any sized hits. It's also amazing on the Bio' but because of the amount of water there's a bit more drag and I feel the tube's nicer to hit for this reason. The perc does a great cooling job but it's only really needed if you're properly caning it on a high setting and reaching the end of the herbs when it can get a bit tickly :bong:

blurry-vision
26-11-10, 01:32 AM
Cracking little set-up there egg, bet you get some lazy afternoons out of that !

Very informative though I really should get vaping, gotta think of the lungs more as you get older hah..:p

But I have always thought volcanos are just stupidly over-priced..:) So it is interesting to see good alternatives..

bergkamp
26-11-10, 08:15 AM
vaping is the nuts - smoked joints for twenty odd years but since i got a vape a couple of years ago i havent looked back - far nicer way to toke than joints, plus it stops my mrs moaning about the house stinking of weed.
looks a nice bit of kit egg .

Roid-smoker
26-11-10, 10:19 AM
Thanx again 4 the help egg. I ordered the Xl tube last night :D

Eggbox
26-11-10, 01:40 PM
Yeah Blurry I've always enjoyed a wee vap but have had a few cheap ones, and used friends Volcanos before, never enough to warrant buying one. But that wee cough recently just made me think "Why even bother smoking?" I've never smoked tobacco, because I've always wanted to smoke as little as possible(and through bongs), but really should have just been vaping the whole time. Silly me :)

Yeah Bergs I'm in a similar boat really. Always smoked bongs near the window as I don't really like my room smelling of stale bongsmoke, and the missus doesn't stop moaning. Whereas this is great because you can toot it anywhere without bothering about that, as it doesn't hang like smoke or leave things stinking :bong:

Good to hear your got your order sorted out Roid-smoker mate!! You'll love the XL Tube. The 5ml glass really does scream quality and the working on mine is perfect. You're a big bloke? I'm sure your lungs will be able to handle the size of it no bother at all(unlike my girlfriend, lol)

I'm now thinking I'm going to need to get myself an iolite for when I'm out 'n' about, as this isn't the most portable of vaporisers, lol. Once I've got one of them I think I'm going to stop smoking completely!

Roid-smoker
26-11-10, 01:51 PM
The iolite is very nice for when traveling! If your dependent on smoking everyday like me, then this is a must! It eases every long distance train/buss ride.

I don't think the herborizer will be an obstacle for my lungs. I grew up on the bucket (gravity bong), so im used to big hits.

How long did it take for yours to arrive eggs? They said no more than 4-5 workingdays in my order...

Quang
26-11-10, 01:52 PM
Would i be right in saying you don't need the ashcatcher on the vapebong as there's no ash , unless you roast it .
That's you got the vape bug now Eh ! M8 . i like the look of the MediVap where we toot off a whip , look's like lab equipment .

Mty
26-11-10, 01:54 PM
That thing looks pretty shit hot, if only the budget could stretch :(.

Eggbox
26-11-10, 02:05 PM
How long did it take for yours to arrive eggs? They said no more than 4-5 workingdays in my order...
Mine was here stupidly quick, just less than 3 days from shipping

Would i be right in saying you don't need the ashcatcher on the vapebong as there's no ash , unless you roast it .
That's you got the vape bug now Eh ! M8 . i like the look of the MediVap where we toot off a whip , look's like lab equipment .

Yeah there's no ash here, so I wouldn't use my dry ash catcher. But the Innerfire ashcatcher I have just adds a bit more filtration really, which is always nice :)

That thing looks pretty shit hot, if only the budget could stretch :(.

Christmas is coming mate, maybe Santa will be good to you :laugh:

Mty
26-11-10, 05:18 PM
Christmas is coming mate, maybe Santa will be good to you :laugh:

I hope so :( , if not I was thinking about buying a hand held Ive got my eye on one of those magic flight boxes they dont look pretty but there spose to be great.

bergkamp
26-11-10, 07:28 PM
definately get a iolite egg they are great , thats what i started with , ive got a v-tower as well now but its great having one that you dont need to plug in .

blurry-vision
26-11-10, 11:20 PM
definately get a iolite egg they are great , thats what i started with , ive got a v-tower as well now but its great having one that you dont need to plug in .

how do you rate the V-tower Bergy ? I'm guessing high(no pun intended) but how high ?

skunktastic
26-11-10, 11:34 PM
how do you rate the V-tower Bergy ? I'm guessing high(no pun intended) but how high ?

I have one too dude, they're a happy medium between a big brand name with a price tag to match and one of the cheaper crap vapes. The after-sales service from them is superb, i threw a pint over mine last christmas and they replaced it free of charge. Lost the remote now though... it's about somewhere... lol

You still doing a set online anywhere? Kinda miss listening in while trimming

AK

blurry-vision
26-11-10, 11:37 PM
I have one too dude, they're a happy medium between a big brand name with a price tag to match and one of the cheaper crap vapes. The after-sales service from them is superb, i threw a pint over mine last christmas and they replaced it free of charge. Lost the remote now though... it's about somewhere... lol

You still doing a set online anywhere? Kinda miss listening in while trimming

AK

Hello AK mate long time no speak, hope your good, yeh cheers for that info figured it was something like that just wante dto hear someone else say so. No mate not currently doing any online sets, did have something going but kinda lost intrest a bit, thinking of getting back into it but not in the forseeable future, I'll try and let you know as or when I do though, cheers mate.:)

I'm honoured to be the official trimming sound track though haha ! And throwing a pint over your vape ? You must have been angry *groan* :p

Chilled
27-11-10, 11:25 AM
Nice one! Isnt the high for a vaporizer SO MUCH HIGHER!!!!

But lets not go Volcano bashing here though mate ;) . I think its a quaility piece of kit but I dont have enough room in my small flat for that much glass and with a fairly clumsy GF who uses it a metal volcano works for me! Really like the baloon bit too.

Looks lovely though and being able to put into other bongs looks ideal!

Has your weed consumption changed much? Mine went down a lot dispite getting high a lot.

Another thing too, Im having a few weeks off weed to clear my head due to a few recent events and has not been hard at all, when I smoked baccy was incredible hard but Ive got from vapping every night to nothing very easily!!

Hope you feel in the morning? best bit about a vap for me is the morning after is so much less grogy.

scoot
27-11-10, 11:49 AM
Ordered my V-tower extreme on thursday morning,hoping like mad it turns up today.

I like the choice of bag,or whip,almost bought the cheaper version but thought feck it go the monty.

bergkamp
27-11-10, 12:14 PM

the v-tower is great , cant really compare it to other vapes as ive only used that and my iolite - takes abit of getting used to to get the temps right and its uses a bit more weed than the iolite , but its very well made , it heats up quite quickly and the auto shut off timer is a good feature . like the iolite it doesnt hit you with a bang , it creeps up on you and you dont realise you stoned until youve been sat staring into space for twenty minutes. i would definately say they are worth the money.

Ordered my V-tower extreme on thursday morning,hoping like mad it turns up today.

I like the choice of bag,or whip,almost bought the cheaper version but thought feck it go the monty.

i just got the whip version , sitting there with a bag is looks a bit too much like glue sniffing for my liking!

Eggbox
27-11-10, 12:40 PM
I was unimpressed when I seen the v-tower years ago but I think that was an old one, because it really was a while ago. The principle's too simple to fuck up these days really :laugh: Heat - flame + buds = vapour. They look super cool now though and seem pretty versatile for if you want a few bags, or just passing the whip round friends.

I like Volcanos, but IMO as an actual vapouriser they're pretty poor. It's just because they've always been the first port of call for high end vapourisers, and have had the things that annoyed people about them in the beginning fixed(easyvalve, etc). But I've just never been a proper fan of them. The vapour always tastes funny - I think it's just to do with too much smoke on metal action for me :) I like a nice all glass vapour path, and a bit of water filtration. Plus they take an absolute age to heat up, and make too much noise :laugh: I'm a picky fucker.. Too much fans and crisp packet rustling for me, haha

I've never been one for using bags either. The taste out of a plastic bag is always a bit guff.. And you need to make sure you have a very high quality medical grade tubing if you want a nice taste with a whip vapouriser. Whereas with glass, you can't really go wrong!

Lol my consumption over the past 4 days or so has skyrocketed, but that's just because I've been off work since Tuesday, and not back until next Tuesday so have been taking it proper easy :D When I'm having a vape it's using noticeably less to get the same effect as a decent bong - which is always a good thing :bong:

Chilled
27-11-10, 02:51 PM
lol each to their own, I really like the bag and its great for when you have mates to pass around, im sure you can pass that like you would a bong but for me I like the vap taste from a bag and then my ehle bong for when I dont have work the next day and want a more stone high.

You right though, quaility piece of glass and in a few years I can see myself getting one.

Can you get one on a 18.8 joint size so you can use with your current bongs? if so that would be tempting.

Yea, while its not moreish because the high is so good you can get through a lot of weed when on a mission with a vaporizer!

Eggbox
28-11-10, 06:17 PM
lol each to their own, I really like the bag and its great for when you have mates to pass around, im sure you can pass that like you would a bong but for me I like the vap taste from a bag and then my ehle bong for when I dont have work the next day and want a more stone high.

You right though, quaility piece of glass and in a few years I can see myself getting one.

Can you get one on a 18.8 joint size so you can use with your current bongs? if so that would be tempting.

Yea, while its not moreish because the high is so good you can get through a lot of weed when on a mission with a vaporizer!

Yeah mate the normal Herborizer bowl is 18.8, but you can get a 14.5 one too if you've got a smaller piece. Mine works amazing on my perc'd Biohazard but I prefer it on the tube because there's far less drag :)

Chilled
28-11-10, 08:12 PM
Yeah mate the normal Herborizer bowl is 18.8, but you can get a 14.5 one too if you've got a smaller piece. Mine works amazing on my perc'd Biohazard but I prefer it on the tube because there's far less drag :)

Nice, would be a quaility piece to have in the house. Do hate with percs how the pressure drop is much higher so you have to suck more!

Have you been saving the vap'd weed? I made hash cookies with mine and gave them out at a house party and a lot of people got very stoned so still has stuff in after being vap'd!

Eggbox
28-11-10, 09:59 PM
Yeah I've got a pretty big pile of avb so will be doing something with that soon.. Thinking I might wait until I've got 10 ounces or so, and make some oil or something.. If I don't do that I'll probably just make batches of butter every now and then. How much did you use and what temp do you usually vape at?

blueprint-loft-grow
28-11-10, 10:07 PM
That looks rad! just wish i got paid more so i could buy one of them and glass bong to get rid of my shitty homemade one :(

Stay True. x.

skunktastic
29-11-10, 12:52 AM
I'm honoured to be the official trimming sound track though haha ! And throwing a pint over your vape ? You must have been angry *groan* :p

aha! lol it was one of those "lying in bed with a 1.5m long whip to the vape on the floor while well into my 16th hour of drinking" situations resulting in simultaneous vape and pint death lol still, got it sorted inside about a week and that was just because the manufacturer didnt realise i was uk based and directed me to return it to... Canada? US? for my replacement

blurry-vision
29-11-10, 01:21 AM
aha! lol it was one of those "lying in bed with a 1.5m long whip to the vape on the floor while well into my 16th hour of drinking" situations resulting in simultaneous vape and pint death lol still, got it sorted inside about a week and that was just because the manufacturer didnt realise i was uk based and directed me to return it to... Canada? US? for my replacement

That is top notch custumer care to be fair..

Eggbox
29-11-10, 10:27 AM
Yeah I hope mine's covered for pint-lobbing protection :laugh:

StickyFingerz
29-11-10, 09:14 PM
Nice toy Eggbox!! Looks sweet!

Cant believe I smoked for all those years!!!

New vaporizer forum here if anyones interested, bit qiuet in there at the moment though!

*snip*

Eggbox
29-11-10, 09:17 PM
Cheers mate :) Sorry I removed your link as it just infringes on our linking rules, and I think I'll stick to FC and THCT for any vapour foruming I need :)

StickyFingerz
29-11-10, 09:23 PM
No probs mate! Yeah FC's cool!

Looks like Vapor City is coming from a different angle :)

Happy vaping :)

blurry-vision
29-11-10, 10:27 PM
Yeah I hope mine's covered for pint-lobbing protection :laugh:

haha must be nice to have that kinda cover, bit like legal crashing, car wise.. lmao..

Eggbox
09-12-10, 08:55 PM
So has anyone else got theirs then? I know at least two of you who've said you've taken the plunge recently :laugh: Anyone had the balls to go for the sphere?

StickyFingerz
09-12-10, 09:52 PM
:laugh:

If I had any glass I'd maybe get that, but I dont, so I may go for the cloud with showerdome when its released for my 1 hitter! lol :)

Fun and games :)

RoninJack
15-12-10, 02:40 AM
cant take your vaporizer camping or to the beach like mines. oh thats a peace vaporizer btw. i got the joystick model.

tommygun
30-12-10, 12:12 AM
thats the bogs m8 ..

cannamancan
25-05-11, 09:04 AM
Pfffffft ...............meh!

Totally believe this, less addicting than the other drug, less life and health threatening facet effects than any prescription drug
Herbal Vaporizers | Vaporizer | Vaporizers

Quality links .........ever tried that spam on toast ?

bergkamp
25-05-11, 05:23 PM
cannaman - banned and deleted his posts

Eggbox
25-05-11, 09:01 PM
Gotta give that spammer some props - he chose a damn fine thread to bump :laugh:

bergkamp
26-05-11, 07:38 AM
you sure it wasnt you egg ? (runs off to check )

Eggbox
26-05-11, 06:10 PM
/spams :bong:

Cheddar
13-06-11, 05:46 PM
I fancy one of these bad boys but i'm worried the sensation of inhaling may have me crawling back 250 quid lighter!
Very jealous Egg, i fancy getting it from everyonedoesit.com but not sure if that's a good price

Markvape
14-06-11, 08:15 AM
The Herborizer is a super nice vape, it actually comes in two editions (Tube and Sphere). I've only tried the Sphere but the Tube looks pretty awesome too.

Only thing is its so breakable with all those glass parts, so you wanna be really careful with it..