PDA

View Full Version : Rasputin IBL

WTL
30-05-08, 08:49 AM
Guess this is one for Matt really, but if anyone else has any input that would be great also.

Right so I started to germ 2 x Rasputin IBL seeds last saturday using the paper towel method. One seed cracked about weds grew a 5mm tap root and has done nothing since and the other seed has done nothing at all. so thursday night I very gentley cracked the caseing open a tad just to let the water in, checked them again this morning, stiil no futher groth form either of them.

Going to try another 2 this weekend going with the shot glass method.

Which way would you say is best for Rasputin Matt????????

Grim
30-05-08, 11:59 AM
are you planting in soil?
if you are I think once you've got a taproot you plant
the other seed might just not germ

MOSSY
30-05-08, 03:38 PM
I germed straight to soil with the Rasputin.
excellent result.

Yours sound as if they had a stop.

Did you have a temperature drop..?

WTL
30-05-08, 04:03 PM
No temp drop dude, they havent left the airing Cupboard apart from when I have a quick look.

MOSSY
31-05-08, 04:46 PM
Ha..you just answered my second question too..
if they were in the airing cupboard I have to assume they were Warm and Dark.

Any chance the seeds could have been a bit damp..?

I always put mine to dry a couple of days before I plant..I like a dry crisp calyx.

WTL
01-06-08, 02:26 PM
Do you mean a bit damp before I started to germ them? if you do no they didnt leave the packet (which is kept in a wooden box and always cool) untill I started to germ them.

Started another 2 off yesterday in a shot glass of water so we see how they go, if not then will try stright in some soil.

gizmo
02-06-08, 12:10 AM
one thing i'll never understand is why folks have so much trouble in germination
use this method for 100% germination
i use this method all the time(for nearly 6 years never failed)
soak your seeds in water(cooled to room temp from boiling)for 12 hours
place between DAMP (not soaked) kitchen towel 3 sheets above 3 below
place a plate above the seeds(use two saucers one for the seeds and towel to sit in and another to cover)
leave until tap root emerges from the seed about 5mm
then place into your growing medium TAP ROOT DOWN
then patience plays a major part give your seeds time to surface(this can take up to a week in some cases)

good luck hope this helps
gizmo

BomShiva
02-06-08, 01:52 AM
Guess this is one for Matt really, but if anyone else has any input that would be great also.

Right so I started to germ 2 x Rasputin IBL seeds last saturday using the paper towel method. One seed cracked about weds grew a 5mm tap root and has done nothing since and the other seed has done nothing at all. so thursday night I very gentley cracked the caseing open a tad just to let the water in, checked them again this morning, stiil no futher groth form either of them.

Going to try another 2 this weekend going with the shot glass method.

Which way would you say is best for Rasputin Matt????????

Hiya WTL

I recently did 10 Mossey Gems in bio bizz lightmix, not one sprouted, id soaked in water for 24 hours too!
At the same time i did a few of some of my recent crosses in biobizz lightmix and all came up, cept a 9 year+ seed strain i hold White Lights, none of those sprouted aswell.

Anyway after seeing how healthy Bluefingers Widow x Nl#5/Haze seeds are doing in the B&Q specality cutting and seed mix i decided to buy a bag, and i stuck 5 Peak 99 & 6 White Lights into a pot each of the B&Q.

Now in the last year ive tried many many methods of trying to germ out both these old Peak 99 & White Lights seeds i have, to no sucess.

At the same time i planted another 5 Mossy Gems also into a pot of this B&Q compost.

Now to my suprise after trying all the diffrent methods i use for old seed or seed im having probs germing out, i have got 2 peak 99, 7years+ seeds growing happily in a pot, 5 out of the 6, 9 year old+ White Lights i planted are also up, and all 5 mossy gems are also up :bigjoint:

I guess the Mossy Gems first time round did not like the biobizz lightmix soil, as did neither of my older seed stock, but my more recent crosses all sprouted happy enough.

Do i rate this B&Q specality cutting and seed compost? Damn right i do its germing out old seed ive gone thru hundreds off in last year in various other composts and wet papper towels with no luck!

I would also like to thank Matt for replacing the Mossy Gem seeds that did not germ out first time round, your a true star mate as i wasent expecting replacment seeds, so thank you for your kind gesture :bong:

I will do a bit of a outdoor grow diary with the 5 mossys that are growing happily and whatever sprouts from the 10 Mossy Gem's,Matt so kindly replaced, if the Slugs and Rabbits dont get them :omg:

Bom!

weed heed
02-06-08, 10:01 AM
i agree bomshiva my friend started a load of white widow for my outside grow and i started afew different vars too we both used the paper towel method and had good results i put my seedlings in bandq seed and cutting compost and he put his in bio bizz all mix my seedlings are flying along and the ones he gave me in the allmix are in a bit of a state out of the fourteen widows in the allmix only 3 are healthy the rest look nute burned to various degrees so i wont be touchin biobizz soils.cheers weed heed

MOSSY
03-06-08, 08:12 PM
I always find the seed from my full summer outdoor grow is harder to germ.

They have a stronger calyx and need to be extra dry to split.

The seed that comes from the off-season grows especially early spring..
is the scabbiest to look at..
but germs like ferrets up a drain-pipe.

I start all my girls to compost..but with no added fert.

The only time I bought ferted compo..it killed the seedlings.

BomShiva...any chance of a look at your JEM's...?

BomShiva
04-06-08, 02:26 AM
BomShiva...any chance of a look at your JEM's...?

Sure is Mate but right now all 5 just look like any other seedling as soon as there is something worth taking pictures of, ill post them up in this thread for you :weed:

Im planing on growing them in my veg tent at 20 hours of light for 3 weeks then finish off outside in a select spot on a mates farm :laugh:

Im actually really looking forward to this mini outside grow as ive never tried a auto flower plant before, and ive tried many a time to grow outside in the UK with supposed outdoor dutch vars, nothing ever finishes before the weather changes and sunlight drops to much to finish a plant off this far north in the UK

Bom!

MOSSY
06-06-08, 09:54 AM
I am Ex-Newcastle m8..and the JEM's finish there no problem.
(I think you would get two to three succesive grows in a season if September was kind.)

Follow the bedding plant season.

The JEM's are the hard as nails.
Once they are up to flower..they will take almost anything.
I have even had them outdoor in air-frost.

Light levels bother them more than temps.

I found the WR and AK-47 were slightly less cold/dank tolerant..
(I had them in EXTREME conditions)
but I have high hopes of the JEM passing her hardiness over in the crosses.

Good Luck..:bigjoint:

WTL
06-06-08, 11:38 AM
Well nothing for the 2 in paper towel so they ended up in the bin but started another 2 in a shot glass of water and they poped no problem and have now been potted, so hopfully it wont be long and I'll have something to show you all.

MOSSY
06-06-08, 01:30 PM
How long did it take them to pop WTL..?

WTL
06-06-08, 01:34 PM
about 48 hours mate, could of been a little less maybe 36.

MOSSY
09-06-08, 10:08 AM
Cheers WTL..
I normally expect 2-4 days straight to soil.

If conditions are good..I like to see them through in 2.

Good Luck with them..

and I hope you and everyone else growing AF's will accept this as a personal invitation to join the competiion on the AF PROJECTS thread. :greet:

CheeseGreen
09-06-08, 12:41 PM
I am Ex-Newcastle m8..and the JEM's finish there no problem.

Thats really comforting information for me :D

Cheers WTL..
and I hope you and everyone else growing AF's will accept this as a personal invitation to join the competiion on the AF PROJECTS thread. :greet:

Rights. Gonna get these babies germed and planted :D i hope they get here tomorrow but my order in the THC shop still says processing :(