PDA

View Full Version : growing from cutting

catrick
03-12-10, 10:10 AM
I was going to grow from seeds but have now been offered some good cuttings will it be easier to start of cuttings ?

Mty
03-12-10, 10:12 AM
If they've already taken then yeh if not no.

alwaystoned_1
03-12-10, 10:13 AM
much easier to start from cuttings all plants will be much more uniform in size and will finish at same time when growing from seed not all will finish at same time as you will get different phenos and then theres the males youl after cull i say get the cuttings keep one as a mum then you can take cuttings from her

catrick
03-12-10, 10:27 AM
Keep one a s a mom? I take it you mean dont put it through the flowering process
and thats brill I know its bubblegum crossed with cheese and when i had some was lovely smoke so atleast thats one good thing

alwaystoned_1
03-12-10, 10:34 AM
yea dont flower it keep it in veg then you can take cuts of it alot easier than starting from seed

catrick
03-12-10, 10:36 AM
Yeah thats great cheers just got to read up about starting them off from cuttings now lol

Goodbuddy
03-12-10, 10:41 AM
Cuttings are quicker, even if not rooted.

For the best grows you need to make sure that the plant has reached sexual maturity before switching to flowering photoperiod. This can take a good 8 weeks from seed
A cutting will be taken from a plant that has already reached sexual maturity or near enough so all you have to do is get roots established and veg until it reaches the required height, say 12" before flowering. This can be done in about 3-4 weeks. It will start true flowering quicker. :)