PDA

View Full Version : any idea?

Furious
07-12-10, 01:30 PM
Hello, after a few failed attempts at growing, i decided to try an auto. This is a 60 day wonder-DNA Genetic. As i am a newb at growing, i am not quite sure when my plant is actually ready to crop. i have posted some photos with this so people can try and see if they have an idea. It was planted on 19/10/10. Some of the white hairs sre going brown now too, if that helps. thanks:)

28grams
07-12-10, 01:32 PM
Dont look ready yet to me looks liek its gunna bulk up now :d best bet is to fly over to the bay an dbyuy a scope/jewlers loupe, there dead cheap anything over 30+, also the thc talk shop stocks a good 420 scope for the same thing.

Heres a pik use this to determin when you plant is ready you need the scope to be able to see your trichomes.
http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/attachments/harvesting-drying-curing/889d1180419033-harvesting-trichome-color-2940when-harvest.jpg

dudeking76
07-12-10, 01:34 PM
when they get to about 80% brown you are ready to chop

did you remenber to flush it properly for a week at least?

Furious
07-12-10, 01:40 PM
thanks for the replys so far. It has just been fed on water. I tried nutes for a few days and the leaves started going brown, so i switched back straight away.

28grams
07-12-10, 01:51 PM
Some autos are very sensitve to nutes some dont need them at all, wouldnt hurt to give her a bit of boost but if you do make it a weak soloution, looks rather healthy from them piks tho so keep it up mate good luck with the rest of your grow.

Furious
08-12-10, 02:33 PM
also i would like to ask if it is ok to trim of some of the bigger leaves so the smaller buds at the bottom can get some light?, thanks

Furious
09-12-10, 01:10 PM
Dont look ready yet to me looks liek its gunna bulk up now :d best bet is to fly over to the bay an dbyuy a scope/jewlers loupe, there dead cheap anything over 30+, also the thc talk shop stocks a good 420 scope for the same thing.

Heres a pik use this to determin when you plant is ready you need the scope to be able to see your trichomes.
http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/attachments/harvesting-drying-curing/889d1180419033-harvesting-trichome-color-2940when-harvest.jpg
picked up one of those 420 baby's....wow, amazing what you can see with it, most of my trichomes are cloudy, so i will leave it a bit longer now

Furious
10-12-10, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, just another quick question. The pic in number 3 is the top of my plant. Is this normal? it looks almost like a flower? Also the pics in numbers 1 and 5 look more ready than the top of the plant which most of the hairs are still white, and also the middle, the trichomes are all cloudy, but i want to wait till they go amber. The light i am using is a 250w red cfl. And the pic in number 4 is of the leaves staring to turn upwards. It is not too hot in there, i have a fan blowing and can keep temps down to 25-27. Pic 2 is the middle where alot f hairs are white still.

goochy
11-12-10, 10:39 AM
yeah leave longer mate. I reckon it will bush out alot more. Give it flush too, auto's arnt as sensitive to over watering, they actually love it from experience. But yeah, a little longer mate. What light?

Furious
11-12-10, 07:06 PM
thanks for the reply, i am only feeding her water. I think you are right that she needs longer too. It is my first successful grow so i just want to try and get it right :). The light i am using is a 250w red cfl.

Bobbybacala
15-12-10, 03:09 PM
How is she coming along Furious? any update on pics?

Im wondering what light schedule you are on. It looks lovely mate. Wish mine would start to thicken out like yours.

Furious
17-12-10, 04:41 PM
She is coming along great. the buds are really fattening up, especially the middle. I will get some pics up later on. i am hoping to have some amber trichomes on her by next week. They are cloudy atm, but have been for ages now. My lighting schedule is 18/6, and i have only fed her water:)

Furious
17-12-10, 04:55 PM
Here is some pics of her now. She is now on day 58.

http://img703.imageshack.us/g/update027.jpg/

Furious
20-12-10, 12:41 PM
I have a slight problem now. There are now a few amber trichomes here and there around a few of the buds. BUT..... The very top of the plant has only just sprouted white pistels for some reason. Is it safe for me to pick the buds of around the plant that is ready and leave the top to be ready, or will it cause the plant too much stress?

Furious
20-12-10, 06:56 PM
anyone know?

jackmate
27-12-10, 12:56 PM
It is safe to pickup the flowers and leave a few to keep growing.
np

Bobbybacala
31-12-10, 03:28 PM
Is she done and smokeable now? Get some final pics up. Not many threads around the net on the 60 day wonder.

DrGreen
16-03-11, 08:18 AM
i always find i dip into the grow and fast dry it all the way thru lol, never harmed me maybe a little shock but nothin much