PDA

View Full Version : Santa

figment
12-12-10, 06:14 PM
Anyone tried this and would try again?

I have seen a couple people across the web grow them. None of them really said if it was a keeper though. I was planning on running some this spring and making seeds to keep them going. The taste keeps coming up in the journals and usually its fruity and good. So any one tried it and its just not for them? Any complaints. The price is unbeatable.

figment
22-12-10, 11:44 PM
Got a ten pack and started 5 seeds. 4 germed within 48 hours. The other looks like it is gonna go too. Hope to do a seed run for the spring. so far so good.

figment
01-01-11, 08:28 AM
All five are doing good. Under some cfls. Not much to look at right now. Will post when they get older.

cough
01-01-11, 11:47 AM
look forward to the pics mate

scoot
03-01-11, 03:09 PM
I got a 4xpack free to replace my non-autoing bubble candy seeds,haven't used them yet as Ive changed my grow setup to allow a veg room,and a flower room :)

figment
13-01-11, 07:00 PM
So I got 5 going. They are about three inches high with 4 inter nodes. As of yesterday One of the plants threw a couple hairs.
It should be going better soon. I Need to switch out a bulb for a more orange one. I will snap some pics when I do th work in the
box. I have feed them one time using GH floranova mix to seedling strength. They responded very well. Next watering I will be feeding
them half strength.

I am running these for seeds. I just don't know what to do about the males.

-Leave all plants in there and let them orgy.
-Keep only one male and let him get all the girls.
-or capture the pollen of one or more of the males and selectively pollinate.

figment
14-01-11, 04:46 AM
So far 2 males and one girl. Two more still unsure.

Still open to suggestions on the males.

Need to get them pics up. In the interwebs its pics or it didn't happen.

scoot
14-01-11, 10:41 AM
Read the thread on making feminised seeds mate(in the breeding area),it might be helpful to you!!

Gonna do the same myself with non-auto ak48 seeds I have at some point.

Bobby Digital
14-01-11, 11:02 AM
Santa Maria is a strain of marijuana stemming from the Brazilian Amazon where it has been used in a spiritual context. Out of respect for the plant its name was changed to Planck when it was brought to the Netherlands for commercial sale. The distribution in the Netherlands of the real Santa Maria clones was done by the former Highlife-magazine chief editor, Bernt Gundersen.
Cultivation

Because this is originally an outdoor plant, Planck should be cut vertically. If you do not do that, the plant continues to grow and eventually perishes under the weight of its own buds, which cannot be supported by the skinny stalk. By cutting vertically they grow rather widespread; therefore put only nine plants on a square metre and twelve on a square metre of rockwool. Planck does not need a prolonged growing phase; on rockwool no more than three days, on soil five at most.

wert
14-01-11, 11:28 AM
smoked santa maria in mexico over 20 years ago and the seeds i grew out from no mercy although very good were not the same.i am not sure you can get a version of santa maria anywhere else other than no mercy supplies.if you can i would like to know as i would like to try them again and compare from a different breeder.

figment
15-01-11, 12:52 AM
These are the flash seeds auto version. You got me interested in the reg version now.

lightup
20-02-11, 02:46 PM
smoked santa maria in mexico over 20 years ago and the seeds i grew out from no mercy although very good were not the same.i am not sure you can get a version of santa maria anywhere else other than no mercy supplies.if you can i would like to know as i would like to try them again and compare from a different breeder.

sorry for a late reply but just seen this thread. the only santa i know off is this one. and its a lovely smoke. i grow this last year.after the first seed did not cracked. so i went and got another one.

Flash - Santa
This plant is the holy grail of auto flowering strains and has a great fruity skunk taste, a long lasting buzz and a big hard buds. This plant is easy to grow in any environment and a true classic.

Type: Autoflowering
Height: 40-80 cm
Time to harvest: 60-70 days from seed
Yield: 25-45 gr per plant
not sure if this is the one. but its from pick n .... and its a great smoke. a.t.m i am growning Automaria hopefully it should be a nice smoke.