PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ventilation

slappyman
15-12-10, 06:29 PM
Wow first post, I hope someone see's it.
Several of you have been helpfull with room size and lay out. What I have in mind is ventilating into the space between my ceiling and roof. I don't have an attic so it's just kind of dead space. My idea was to run an exhaust vent with charcoal filter into the ceiling and letting the the air disapate and flow out thru the vents in the suffits. Does this seem like a workable idea or like maybe I taken too many hits off the pipe already. Any and all suggestions welcome. If you think I'm full of crap and a monkey could do better say so, but be kind and offer alternatives.

hush_free
15-12-10, 11:59 PM
from what ive read up ur idea sounds good because you only want to vent it into anther room or space so it can suck in fresh air and if its a bigish room u may need an intake fan

Road_Runner
16-12-10, 06:49 PM
This could be an option for you but there are some things to consider....

Firstly, how much light are you growing with - in effect how much heat do you have to shove up there..

If you're using a CFL, you can send it anywhere you like. If you're running 6x 600's then that's a whole load of heat that needs to dissipate and then leak out - there's a good chance there will be a heat sig from that

Secondly, where are you pulling your cool air from?

I'd maybe be more tempted to draw my intake from the ceiling and then just extract into your room

If you can provide a bit more info we can probably clear this up for you...

slappyman
17-12-10, 07:01 AM
I have been allowed to finish off our garage. Wife and daughters felt it was the least they could do considering they have the rest of the house. So I get to start from scratch and have recieved some idea as to design. I'm not in this for profit, just enough to keep us in smoke. A couple of ounces a month but once I start I just want a steady supply, plus the option of changing strains for some variaty plus if my wife's RA gets worse might have increase amount. I also need to consider stealt. My idea for venting into attic was simply because it's hot up there ( we live in florida) 90% of the year so heat signature wouldn't be an issue. More worried about energy use.

Basically I get the chance to start from scratch, and will design my room with grow room as main consideraton, be it behind movable books shelfs or whatever. I 've got about 6 months before I begin and any and all suggestions and Idea's are most welcome.

Road_Runner
17-12-10, 09:37 AM
If you're in Florida I imagine keeping the grow room cool is going to be the biggest problem, have you got AC in the garage?

slappyman
17-12-10, 06:18 PM
I will have. I thought about that controling temp and humidity.

Road_Runner
18-12-10, 10:12 AM
OK so if you've got AC in the grow room or the room the grow room is in, it won't be too difficult to keep temps at the right levels.

In effect, you could extract to the ceiling space, and pull cool air from the air conditioned room the grow tent/cab is in.

Would that work for you?

WastedYouth
18-12-10, 11:23 AM
I have been allowed to finish off our garage. Wife and daughters felt it was the least they could do considering they have the rest of the house. So I get to start from scratch and have recieved some idea as to design. I'm not in this for profit, just enough to keep us in smoke. A couple of ounces a month but once I start I just want a steady supply, plus the option of changing strains for some variaty plus if my wife's RA gets worse might have increase amount. I also need to consider stealt. My idea for venting into attic was simply because it's hot up there ( we live in florida) 90% of the year so heat signature wouldn't be an issue. More worried about energy use.

Basically I get the chance to start from scratch, and will design my room with grow room as main consideraton, be it behind movable books shelfs or whatever. I 've got about 6 months before I begin and any and all suggestions and Idea's are most welcome.

Hello welcome, my best advice would be to move country, Just finished reading Howards Marks Mr. Nice book and the US system of justice RE: MJ is just pathetic. Otherwise i wish you many sucessful grows and hopefully your wifes condition will improve. Do they not offer Medical MJ in florida? wouldnt this be a better solution than growing your own. especially with children around the house..

slappyman
19-12-10, 03:59 AM
That's why the delay, the last of the children will be out of the house and as far as medical in Florida, although we are trying to get it on the ballot in 2012. I think at this point there would be a better chance of the earth flipping on it's axis. But stranger things have happened.

slappyman
19-12-10, 04:01 AM
OK so if you've got AC in the grow room or the room the grow room is in, it won't be too difficult to keep temps at the right levels.

In effect, you could extract to the ceiling space, and pull cool air from the air conditioned room the grow tent/cab is in.

Would that work for you?

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking, I'll just have to keep an eye on the humidity

lambert29
19-12-10, 12:23 PM
A friend did the same. Your ok if you dont have alot of heat. He took the fresh air from the roof. Cut a little hole in the insulation and put a duct to the roof tiles by the joist, fresh air leaking in all the time