PDA

View Full Version : Why can you not sleep when you haven't smoked?

budgie
16-12-10, 12:48 AM
OK I'm just getting over a dose of the flu & because of it I've not smoked for a few days.
Already I'm noticing the lack of sleep at night and the weird dreams...

This is one aspect of smoking that P's me off, if I stop for a while I always have the above mentioned troubles.

What is it about weed that does this:confused:

cheeseorlemon
16-12-10, 12:49 AM
tbh m8 aint gota clue lol, but all i kno when your eyes are red your ready for bed :stoned-smilie:

cannamancan
16-12-10, 01:23 AM
Weeds a downer man it knocks you out .

-HB-
16-12-10, 06:04 AM
I usually have trouble sleeping if I haven't had a joint. That's why I'm on here at 5am. I'm gutted because I had some ready to smoke today but my mate got pulled over while it was in the car and immediately swallowed it.

cough
16-12-10, 06:06 AM
i can't sleep properly for about a week or so of stopping puffing,but i have my best sleep after about 2/3 weeks of stopping.

stoned420
16-12-10, 07:57 AM
am the same got work to, havnet a clue why, i try to have sum all the time lol

Chilled
17-12-10, 03:28 PM
Do you smoke with baccy? Since i gave it up and dont find it that hard to sleep when im not smoking weed, use to have loads of problems though.

Master Poet
17-12-10, 03:31 PM
I usually have trouble sleeping if I haven't had a joint. That's why I'm on here at 5am. I'm gutted because I had some ready to smoke today but my mate got pulled over while it was in the car and immediately swallowed it.

Don't worry, it will soon poop out the other end and then you'll have real shit. :D

coleman
17-12-10, 03:53 PM
Do you smoke with baccy? Since i gave it up and dont find it that hard to sleep when im not smoking weed, use to have loads of problems though.

Thats an interesting one, what do you thinks in the baccy thats makin you sleep?

The Angry Pirate
17-12-10, 04:58 PM
don't think it's the tobacco tbh man..nicotine keeps u awake. thats why you don't smoke fags before bed lol
weed is habituating, so like smoking then sleeping becomes a habit aswell so ur body adjusts?
dunno just my 2p lol
tap

bigbudben
17-12-10, 05:50 PM
i also cant sleep without a joint before bed and it worries me because i know one day there will be a time i cant grow or buy anything but saying that when i go away on hols i can usually do without b4 bed i think its more of a placebo and if you have enough other things to keep your mind occupied then you will soon forget you need a spliff before bed

pedro sanchez
15-03-11, 07:59 PM
Didn't sleep for shit lastnite ...no zoots enit lol but yaknow what I'm so tired I could go sleep this second.abit of hard work an abit of exercise has slapped me like a bitch.zzzzzzzzzz peace out

TokeItUpUK
30-03-11, 04:21 PM
Im the same if i dont have any greenerys i cant sleep
But when i do sleep i actually dream u like when i smoke greens

daveed
01-04-11, 08:48 PM
what sleep without Jay boy i wouldn't dream

Etnies
14-04-11, 06:50 PM
Could be lack of nicotine if you smoke joints....
I know when I stopped smoking cigs I had awful sleepless nights.

baldi 1
14-04-11, 08:01 PM
I'm fine when I've no smoke apart from the dreams but the wife well thats a different matter she gets no sleep at all then I've got to wake up next to her it aint pretty lol crabbit bitch

Sativa Steve
14-04-11, 08:14 PM
I'm the same, I have really vivid dreams after a week or two without smoke, plus I struggle to sleep without it.
It surrrckz

Mr Swilly
14-04-11, 08:26 PM
i never have any unforeseen problems sleeping stoned or not. I think you feel like sleeping longer when you have had a good go at it the night before. I have however, failed to get to sleep after 5 days caning it in a week off. I put that down to complete slobdom for the previous five days and generally not getting up in the morning.

blurry-vision
14-04-11, 08:34 PM
To me it's because your brain is kinda too active without a smoke, plus of course the dream thhing is down to the fact it's impossible to remember dreams when your stoned, so when your not it's dream overload and not a solid sleep.

crapdog
14-04-11, 09:26 PM
maaan... it sucks being dry :S where i am bud is WAAAY too uncommon. If it is obtainable, its WAAAY too expensive
16 days into my first 'real' grow!! I PRAY THAT THEY ARE FEMALE!! wish me luck all!! :)

Sativa Steve
14-04-11, 09:42 PM
*wishes*

/

TIKTOK
15-04-11, 10:24 AM
i'm visiting in laws next week and sleeping on a camp bed for two nights and me mrs sounds like a fakan old motor bike with her snoring. I wont be able to have a smoke to help me sleep so gonna be fucked. I've got some butter so might knock up a few biccys to take but will have to be very careful no one sees them as the in laws are very stereotypical middle England useless fakan DM readers lol

Kayabis
15-04-11, 02:18 PM
It's all about your body adjusting i'd think. Obviously it's easier to get to sleep when you're stoned, and if you're going to sleep stoned every night over a long period of time your body and mind just get used to it. Then when a dry period comes, it's a nightmare trying to sleep because you've adjusted to sleeping stoned and you're not used to sleeping sober anymore!
I've just gone through it, I've had nothing to smoke now for 6 days after smoking every night for atleast 6 months. It's been almost impossible to sleep, the first night I was in bed for 5-6 hours before I actually fell asleep. It does get noticeably easier to sleep with each night that passes though, I had my first decent sober sleep last night in a long time and along with it came some incredibly vivid dreams!

cheddarBOB
16-04-11, 07:21 PM
I have problems sleeping when I have no weed.helps if u can get exercise tho

gardaee
18-04-11, 02:49 PM
i think it lowers your blood pressure and that gets you relaxed... because my hands and face always feel really cool after smoking.your body just gets used to that.

splinky
23-04-11, 08:59 AM
one of the many reasons that i've been smoking weed for YEARS , is the fact that i dont seem to dream after a good smoke . i spent several years in a lovely quaint young persons institution in the late 70's where the staff were more than 'friendly' . the smoke stops the nightmares .

JackPackage
07-05-11, 01:12 PM
Yeah, the dreams are pretty crazy when you stop...
I had an operation about 18 months ago, and they did the usual 'count up to ten' when administering the anaesthetic gas and said id be knocked out by 6 or 7... I got up to 17 and they had to increase the amount of anaesthetic... The nurse said it was quite unusual. I reckon it definitely had something to do with my body being able to function normally with a slower heart rate, but i could be wrong...

isobull
13-05-11, 09:16 AM
i personaly use valium when i have to take a break from smoking, i take a few pills every night the first week.

MrDirk
13-05-11, 10:09 AM
If i cant sleep i get the mrs to tell me about her day.....the Z's start coming think and fast ZZZZZZ.

azatru
19-05-11, 01:27 PM
nicotine is a stimulant, thc is a depressant. Unless you are ADHD or bipolar, there is a good chance that thc will most likely make you sleepy. I'm a medical cannabis user, and have found that when I am having really horrible insomnia, smoking marijuana isnt usually enough to put me to sleep.

I read somewhere, in the doctors office, that consuming thc orally (i.e. brownies, cannabutter, etc) causes the thc to be processed through the liver instead, and thus the thc is about 10 times stronger this way.

basically, eating thc is way more potent.......if this doesnt help you to sleep, i'd reccomend some benadryl (regular benadryl allergy). my dr reccomends this also, its non addictive, and has very few if any side affects for most people (other than severe drowsiness)

Optik
10-06-11, 09:25 AM
Hi

In my opinion your brain got used to smoking before sleeping and when bounds like that are created in your brain it's like a conditioned reflex, just like Pavlov with the dog. The bell rings and it's mouth is full of saliva, it's the same here, you smoke your weed, your brain know is time for bed. Luckily with weed being such a good plant with us, you only need a 1 to 3 weeks to get over this habit.
That's the way I see it .

Peace