PDA

View Full Version : Rvk/ruk

blue widow
01-07-07, 08:36 AM
morning ppl, ok got a question for anyone who nos about these fans, i got mine the other day, i asked the guy if it was a rvk and he said yes, but it is quite loud on the auld vibration front which makes me think it mite be a ruk, either way here is the question, i have 2 speeds on this, which do you think would be better to use?? got it on low atm but humidity doesnt seem to be dropping atall and if i put it on a higher speed would this increase the noise levels??

thanks for any advice in advance folks!!

blue widow
01-07-07, 09:25 AM
ok ppl here is a pic, the speed levels are inside this square box, its on slow atm

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/507/medium/Photo-0049.jpg

TheHappyCamper
01-07-07, 09:38 AM
It's a pretty safe bet that increasing the speed will increase the noise. I read a post on EDIT where someone had put their fan into a cardboard box with some foam chips. They said it helped the noise a lot.

blue widow
01-07-07, 11:18 AM
cheers m8 but am off to h.base now for bungy cords

Bluntz
01-07-07, 12:13 PM
I read a post on EDIT where someone had put their fan into a cardboard box with some foam chips. They said it helped the noise a lot.

thats an exellent idea! im going to try that with mine today :bigjoint:

asci
01-07-07, 04:23 PM
I've wrapped both of mine in old clothes, works a treat. Tried to secure the fucker on bunjee cords but our ceiling was plastered by some twat and the fucking thing fell back down. gutted..

blue widow
01-07-07, 04:31 PM
thanks for the info guys
appreciated!!

Bitterfly
01-07-07, 08:26 PM
like the idea of the carboard box and foam, my RUK's are certainly quite noisy, sometimes i get paranoid and think my neighbours can hear them!!!