PDA

View Full Version : About the quality of my own produced feminized seeds

Qwert1
19-12-10, 08:26 PM
Ok i have question regarding seeds. As i have understood the parents are called P1 when we speak of genetics. And the seeds i get from these plants are reffered to as F1. I am about to receive my 10 russian rocket fuel seeds from the attitude seedbank. I ordered regular not feminized for a reason. I was thiknking about making my own seeds from the first grow. I got worried because a few years ago my friend tried to make lowryder seeds for himself. It was pretty easy but the plants that he grew from these seeds were rubbish. So my question is. If i get the F1 seeds from the P1 will they be any good? Remeber i only have 10 regular seeds from the attitude. Any chance that the genetics will be bad. As in the plants would be inbred or however you call that.
I know that it'll work nicely if i take two completeley different strains and make seeds they will be good. But if i have only 10 seeds from the same seedbank? Will their babies be good enough ?
As far as i know people have done that and everything has worked out just fine. I really got paranoid just because my friend told me that the F1 seeds he got from his lowryder grow were really bad once again grown into new plants. I know that he grew them outside. Could that have been the issue if the plants didn't get enough light outside ? Or is it true that i can't get good genetics from these 10 seeds i wanna grow and make another batch of seeds for teh summer to do some guerilla farming.
My ultimate plan would be to start growing 5 of the 10 seeds.Then like 2 weeks later start the other five. Then make one of the earlier ladies give me female pollen by spraying it with colloidial silver. From that pollen i would create feminized seeds by pollinating one of the later planted females so i could have a nice batch of fem seeds for the summer and the rest of the plants would give me bud.

So 2 main questions i'm looking an answer for.

*Will i get good quality seeds if i try to make them from the ten original seeds from the seedbank ?
*How long after planting the first five seeds shouldd i plant the other five ?

Remember russian rocket fuel is an autoflowering strain so i have only about ten weeks to grow the plants and make one of them produce female pollen to make my fem seeds.
Any help will be appreciated.

wert
20-12-10, 10:29 AM
So 2 main questions i'm looking an answer for.

*Will i get good quality seeds if i try to make them from the ten original seeds from the seedbank ?
*How long after planting the first five seeds shouldd i plant the other five ?

Remember russian rocket fuel is an autoflowering strain so i have only about ten weeks to grow the plants and make one of them produce female pollen to make my fem seeds.
Any help will be appreciated.
the seeds you produce will be f2's and there will be approx 25% chance of a recessive gene showing so you will have a bit of variation.
if they are autos they mature about the same time,it is not a problem as you can collect and store the pollen to use when best.
read the links for more info
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?16613-breeding-terms-and-a-little-more
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?23996-hemaphrodites-in-cannabis
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?9192-fem-seeds