PDA

View Full Version : My plant isnt growing!! help

flyhigh
15-06-08, 12:56 AM
ive got a 400 watt MH light about 1 metre above the plant i have a fan. But the when i moved the 4 cm plant from my window sill under my light it shrivles up and dies. Im growing it in my attic where its really dirty so i thought that might be the cause...can u tell me if you know any other reasons why i wont grow

ElSmokeyLokey
15-06-08, 04:13 PM
probably too much heat produced for 1 plant from that light...generally when i moving a plant from a window, i stick it under some floroscents couple days to get the hang of artificial light, then hit em with the hps...light

baza
15-06-08, 04:32 PM
if your growing in a loft you will need more than a fan to blow the air about.
My loft hits 35+ in the summer months and when the light is on its hotter still.
Without using a 6inch ruck to suck cool air from a cooler room in the house and blow into my grow room it would be way too hot.
Have you measured your temps at all?

marijuanamat
16-06-08, 03:14 PM
If you've got your fan blowing directly at the plant then that'll be your problem and not the light as 1m above is were i'd start when swapping from natural to MH/HPS light,also check the soil isn't drying out to quick.

ElSmokeyLokey
18-06-08, 10:57 PM
what is 30 degrees celscius in farenheit i really dont know celscius cant even spell the word now...im guessin...from experience...85 degrees Farenheit will stop growth i know that...but dont know 30 degrees C= __ degrees F

baza
19-06-08, 12:33 AM
google would give you answer in an instant.
You cant expect to be spoonfed when the info is easily available.

ElSmokeyLokey
19-06-08, 12:45 AM
well baza I thought this forum was for asking questions even if the question is spoonfed as you call it...whatever

baza
19-06-08, 12:57 AM
google would give you answer in an instant.
You cant expect to be spoonfed when the info is easily available.

this post was aimed at flyhigh but i sent the post before id finished writing it by mistake and then spent soo long re writing it i ran out of time to edit it.
Sorry ESL i can see how the post would have looked but it wasnt aimed at you at all.

it was meant be along the lines of...

Ive had several PM's from fly.... and i doubt he is old enough to be on the forums. Ive offered advice but he seems to know best and untill im convinced he is over 18 i wont be helping anymore.
OMG is this hole getting deeper ??

bubbs
19-06-08, 10:35 AM
this post was aimed at flyhigh but i sent the post before id finished writing it by mistake and then spent soo long re writing it i ran out of time to edit it.
Sorry ESL i can see how the post would have looked but it wasnt aimed at you at all.

it was meant be along the lines of...

Ive had several PM's from fly.... and i doubt he is old enough to be on the forums. Ive offered advice but he seems to know best and untill im convinced he is over 18 i wont be helping anymore.
OMG is this hole getting deeper ??

i will get this checked out Bazza, ;)