PDA

View Full Version : United Nations

Manny
15-06-08, 08:19 AM
My brother sent this too me,makes interesting reading

For some years now the United Nations has by international agreement set out to eradicate not only to put a halt to the so-called “drug” use of cannabis, but also to actually eradicate the hemp plant from the planet – apart of course from their own uses.

This, of course, is nothing entirely new. Ever since the “industrial revolution” there has been an elite of profiteering megalomaniacs who want to run the world, and to do that they had to create a world where the people became totally dependent on the products of industry, not agriculture.

The US Civil war was a war between the industrial and the agricultural. Huge numbers were working as slaves and when the slaves were freed they began to seek work for a pittance in the factories being set up in the victorious North. The war on hemp is down to the same greed and power struggle that was behind so many wars.

Now consider what measures you would want to take if that was part of your aim:

You would want to prevent the production of seeds / clones. You would want to attack the farmers, limit cultivation. You would want to prevent sale You would want to limit production. You would need to mis-educate the public in order to get away with such a scheme.

The so-called “mind-altering” properties of cannabis could certainly be one way to scare the people into believing that the plant was dangerous and that it had to be banned, despite it’s many beneficial uses.

So is any surprise that we have witnessed such bias and deceit about the plant that even our own Government is confused as to just how dangerous it is in comparison to other substances, whilst authorising extreme force against those who choose to cultivate it.

In the last 12 months or so, we have watched the following developments around the world: In the UK, medical cannabis supply operations like THC4MS, and medical users prosecuted. Increased number of raids on Cannabis “Factories” (strange that they call them factories yet they contain plants, whereas many chemical factories are often called chemical plants!” Now the Prime Minister is talking about making cannabis a class B drug (again!) – how ridiculous. The Police are arresting cannabis growers whilst doing nothing to stop the real gangster-profiteers contaminating cannabis with grit, glass and who-knows-what – all the Government has done is warn doctors and clinics, not the users themselves.

Dutch clones have also been banned; closure of many Dutch Coffeeshops;
strict contracts and laws on eviction of tenants or mortgage holders who are caught growing cannabis, even with confiscation of property. Dutch seed producers attacked also Swiss seed companies attacked. Over 300 Hemp shops in Switzerland closed down. Swiss hemp activist and farmer André Fürst arrested and imprisoned just last month. When masked men attacked the hemp farming community, police closed down the community!

In Southern Australia, they are banning books and magazines with articles about growing cannabis, and making it a requirement that owners of hydroponics equipment explain their uses. They will be watching and closing down hydroponics shops.

In Singapore, magazines like weed World are banned.

In Nepal, Lebanon, Egypt, Turkey, Morocco and elsewhere, attacks continue on cannabis farmers, often destroying their livelihoods.

In China, Malaysia, Indonesia and several Arab states, they still execute people for cannabis possession. In many countries sentences in excess of ten years in prison are given out frequently, where there is no crime other than the cannabis crime committed.

Meanwhile, what have we really done in the face of this resolution by the UK and these attacks on otherwise law-abiding people and farmers?

The people seem to be swallowing the Lie, hook, line and sinker. The vast majority of those who use cannabis have sat by and done nothing. In the UK alone there is said to be somewhere between 1.5 and 4 million regular cannabis users- and as many as 1 in 3 adults have tried it.

It’s probable that the majority of the House of Commons have at one time tried it.(They didnt inhale)

In the future, I believe, the situation regarding cannabis will worsen both here and abroad. Why do I think that – well back to my opening statement – because “the United Nations has by international agreement set out to eradicate” cannabis. We will see continued attacks on growers, and growshops, magazines and medical users who go public.

And if we’re not lucky enough to be growing our own and getting away with it, we will have to choose between contaminated cannabis like grit weed, and nothing.

yavana
15-06-08, 07:27 PM
I think that's an overly pessimistic outlook on things. If you compare cannabis acceptance in Western Europe and the US over the last 20yrs, since like 1990, cannabis laws have becomes noticeably more lax and enforcement, especially of the harshest punishments, is cutting off.

You'll always have prohibitionist outliers like Malaysia and Saudi Arabia with such harsh laws, but you also have tolerance outliers like India and Nepal where most cannabis is seen as harmless. There's no reason for panic, we're doing ok and the outlook isn't too bad either....

Manny
15-06-08, 08:36 PM
He (my brother) is a journalist & works for a broadsheet & it was sent to him from someone in the UN last year though it has been printed since then in the media..Didnt say I agree with it just interesting:D

yavana
16-06-08, 03:50 AM
He (my brother) is a journalist & works for a broadsheet & it was sent to him from someone in the UN last year though it has been printed since then in the media..Didnt say I agree with it just interesting:D
Well, UN Policy is usually just what the majority of the countries in the world thing, so it's probably going to be an agent of prohibition after we can smoke more freely in the EU & US. I know UN policy in the past has been a 100% enforcement policy, but it's not anymore:

http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2008/03/07/austri18235.htm

And even so, all the UN has done as far as the War on Drugs goes (as far as I know) is simply to make "recommendations" as to what the law and policy of its members should be. Unfortunately, it's pretty harmless and increasingly irrelevant (where the fuck is the UN in Darfur, Burma, etc?)...

Day Tripper
12-07-08, 10:42 PM
The UN is just the "friendlier" face of the US, What the US says, the UN does, what the US say should happen ,the UN makes a resolution backed by the US military.

Can anyone tell me he difference between them?

Bad Muthafucka
16-07-08, 06:36 PM
I know of a people who believe the United Nations are the 8th world power described in the Bible - the one that "goes off into destruction".