PDA

View Full Version : C02 boost new I think lol

cannamancan
13-01-11, 06:20 PM
Just got soft secrets and there's a leaflet inside advertising this , see what u think

http://www.co2boost.com/

cannamancan
13-01-11, 06:23 PM
Also found this review :

The truth about the CO2 Boost Bucket
When I bought my cab the guy threw in a brand new CO2 Boost Bucket and he claimed that it would increase yields up to 30% I had heard some people swear they work for smaller areas so I was happy to be getting it for free. It has been running for about 45 days when the lights are on.

While designing my new bloom room I bought the Sentinel CHHC-1 to monitor and regulate everything including CO2. I decided to do a little test and see how the Boost Bucket performs in the current grow cab.

When putting the CHHC-1 sensor below the CO2 hose the CO2 measured off the scale which is well over 1500PPM. This gave me high hopes for the CO2 Boost bucket.

The Grow Cab Dimensions: 42" tall x 36" wide x 18" deep I hung the sensor at plant level and shut the doors. The fans were turned off and I gave the cab 30 minutes to build CO2 levels up. When I came back to take a reading the CO2 measured a dismal 650PPM. I removed the sensor and took a test outside the cab and it read 553PPM.

I think one would be as well off using fans to move the air in and out constantly instead of trying to use a boost bucket to boost the amount of CO2 in the air.

I am just waiting for my regulator and new LEDs to setup a small 1 HGL light bloom area to finish my current grow before I move and setup the real thing. Needless to say I wont be using a CO2 Boost bucket ever again.

I do plan on filling the bucket with yeast and sugar water for my little veg area. I think the included pump will really help the output of the yeast method.

Bottom line I give the CO2 Boost Bucket a 2 out of 10. Cool concept but not worth the plastic its made from.

alwaystoned_1
13-01-11, 06:25 PM
they dont look to bad but you need to run a sealed room when using co2 and higher temps the money you would have to spend on sealed hoods and that i dont think it would be worth it

ViK
13-01-11, 08:18 PM
Seems a bit flakey to me... Why don't they just give you total amount of CO2 produced in Litres? They seem to dodge the question on their website. If it doesn't produce measurable increases in PPM then it's junk, surely... and if it did produce decent PPM increases then they'd be telling you all about it...