PDA

View Full Version : help!! it dont fit!!

DrGreen
14-01-11, 10:17 AM
got a 1x1x2m tent, and a 150mm supernova 600w setup,
also i got a 150mm carbon filter setup ttfan etc...

my problem is my fan does not fit in the fan holes in the side of my tent, so i cant secure it, and the tents only meant to hold 30kg...

where am i putting this filter? lol its bloody heavy

Up_in_smoke
14-01-11, 11:08 AM
A 5" filter? And you're worried about 30kg? Damn man, how much do you think they weigh?
30kg is quite literally a suitcase and a half of stuff. Airport limits are 20keys. I've struggled a lot more with my luggage than I have picking up a carbon filter.

You don't fit your fan in the holes in your tent, you fit ducting through it, lololol

Naxx
14-01-11, 11:49 AM
Your not meant to put the fan in the actual holes mate... You usally have it at the top right or left hold hanging from the top bars with some sort of hanging device like a jack chain and the ducting is what goes through the holes

It goes carbon filter -> fan -> ducting -> out the hole

Up_in_smoke
14-01-11, 01:41 PM
Just in case too, this sounds like a case of: -
Your reflector will come with a cover over the reflective side being plastic, usually blue. This needs to be removed. Always makes me laugh when noobs leave this bit on lol

DrGreen
16-01-11, 09:24 AM
thankyou :) just tent seems flimzey, and my friend with a 1.2 has a small extractor and it fits in his holes lol easy as pie

Lucifer Sam
16-01-11, 10:03 AM
This has got to be one of the best threads I've read for entertainment value in the short time I've been here on THCtalk.
Ranging from the OP's title of the thread, to everyones comments too!

Hope you're sorted ok now geezer!

Mr_Bimble
16-01-11, 08:58 PM
You can hang the filter from one of the roof rails using two jackchains or bungies and run ducting from the filter to your inline - I had to have mine outside the tent because the light shade use to get in the way because it was so big.

So mine goes : carbon filter -> ducting -> out the hole -> fan.

DrGreen
17-01-11, 12:08 PM
coolness :D

yeah i not used to small tents , lol

but yeah

its 1x1x200 takes 30kg,
got supernova coolshade 150mm
150mm carbon and 4xx suck ttfan mode changer thing

tis funny i can imagine lol, when i chekd weight on carbon at 13kg including fan, i was laffing

i sware i thort that filter weighed atleast 40kg lol

better lay off the hard smoke for a few days lol

Up_in_smoke
17-01-11, 12:14 PM
better lay off the hard smoke for a few days lol

Or get down the gym dude, lol

DrGreen
17-01-11, 07:15 PM
Or get down the gym dude, lol

would if my medcial conditions would let me, putting the tent up took alot of effort for me lol