PDA

View Full Version : Does Canna Boost affect EC reading?

Catpoison
18-01-11, 02:28 AM
Hi all,

I've just started adding Cannaboost to my NFT but does anyone know if it affects an EC reading? It would save me time messing about experimenting if anyone knows the answer! It's hard to tell by taking a "before and after" reading because by the time the nutes have settled enough to get a reading, the res needs topping up again making getting a very accurate reading difficult.

Cheers,

CP

cannamancan
18-01-11, 02:42 AM
Can u not mix up a small amount of food in a litre jug and test it without the boost then with the boost ?

Naxx
18-01-11, 02:45 AM
adding anything to water will increase its EC.... Unless its organic sometimes it doesnt

Catpoison
18-01-11, 02:55 AM
Can u not mix up a small amount of food in a litre jug and test it without the boost then with the boost ?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just wondered if anyone knew the answer to save me the (admittedly minimal) effort!

gadgey
18-01-11, 03:18 AM
i use a ec wand mix a&b to 1.2 or 1.4 then add boost n still reads same on wand so in my opinion no it doesnt!

gbomb
18-01-11, 04:47 PM
i add canna boost before my nutes and i dont get a reading with just the boost only get a reading once i add the nutes. i dont know if the boost is organic as it does not say on the bottle.

Naxx
18-01-11, 04:53 PM
i add canna boost before my nutes and i dont get a reading with just the boost only get a reading once i add the nutes. i dont know if the boost is organic as it does not say on the bottle.

Sweet, must be diffrent with boosters :)

Catpoison
19-01-11, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the answers, very helpful :)

Seems like good stuff this Canna boost... the flowers are definitely developing faster than the last grow. It also seems to have got rid of the algae that I was struggling with in the res tank. I'd been using oxy+ to control it but I couldn't eliminate it totally and it always comes back after a res change. I put the cannaboost in on the last change at the weekend, and while there is a tiny amount, there's nowhere near as much as usual. I was suprised as I wouldn't have thought it would make any difference to the algae, in fact I was worried about using it because you can't use oxy+ at the same time!