PDA

View Full Version : Lemon (cheese) Curd

wigster
25-01-11, 09:34 AM
Ok, so I made a block of butter into cannabutter at the weekend....lots of recipes are chocolate based which I am not a great fan of so I was thinking of what to make with it that is easy....came up with lemon curd!

Lemon Curd is very versitile and can be added to other things to add lemony zing & flavour...(add to lightly whipped cream with a dash of limoncello for a refreshing syllabub, put some into a pre-baked tartlet shell & top with meringue for a lemon meringue pie, mix with some creamy greek yoghurt & top some muesli/granola for zingy breakfast that will wake you up then put you back to sleep! Mix with cream cheese & cream put on top of ginger biscuits mixed with butter to make a cheesecake, or, on toast)!...just thinking that the marijuana flavour might go extremely well with lemon...will post later with recipe & pics :bigjoint:

wigster
26-01-11, 02:58 PM
Makes 1 standard jam jar

60g cannabutter, cut into bits
130g caster or granulated sugar
Zest and juice of 1½ large unwaxed lemons
2 large eggs, beaten

Put the butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest in a heavy-based saucepan (if you have only thin pans and this is a first attempt, you may want to make it in a basin over a pan of simmering water, but it’s a slower method).
Place the pan on a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan, stirring continually until the mixture thickens. This will take 5-10 minutes, depending on how low you have the heat.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1151/medium/P1010739_1_.JPG
Once it is thick, pour into a sterilised jar, seal and keep in the fridge.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1151/medium/P1010740_1_.JPG
Recipe from the times....nice 'n simple & good for a small amount.

It tastes fucking superb...zingy lemony 'herby' yumminess...RESULT

Bobby Digital
26-01-11, 04:37 PM
Nice one dude, will defo have to try this someday :D

did you take the zest out before you jarred it up?

wigster
26-01-11, 04:49 PM
Yeah, sorry forgot to say strain through a sieve....be sure to sterilise the jars, keep in the fridge & use within a couple of weeks (eggs make it a short self life)...enjoy:bigjoint:

high
27-01-11, 04:12 PM
doesnt look like it would be my favourite lol

wigster
27-01-11, 05:12 PM
doesnt look like it would be my favourite lol

...This is not a recipe for chocoholics...it is refreshing & is an alternative way forward for cooking with cannabutter...maybe a summery one...who would not like a cannacurd & cream doughnut, lazing about on a hot spring day?